Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A pet set? :-)

13...Next

Comments

• 8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    edited October 2012
    I agree. I would love a pet set! I am pretty bored with the stuff for my pets already.

EDIT: How can EA resists that cute puddy cat face!
  • 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited October 2012
    Clothing for pets seems fun, i dont use pets alot in my game but like to add one in manny households i make.
    My main sim has a dog and it would absolutly would be adorable if pets could dress up on christmas in a little santa suit or on halloween!

I wish they would make some collars that wouldnt make a fluffy pet look weird xD
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2012
    Clothing for pets seems fun, i dont use pets alot in my game but like to add one in manny households i make.
    My main sim has a dog and it would absolutly would be adorable if pets could dress up on christmas in a little santa suit or on halloween!

I wish they would make some collars that wouldnt make a fluffy pet look weird xD

oh YES... most my pets don't have a collar... it looks wrong on them
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited October 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    This thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604764.page#9696506

reminded me that I would LOVE... actually some time in the game I kind of need.... A HORSE TRAILOR....

so you don't have to ride the horse to the center to compeed.... and when you get there your both to tirred to do it.... (I will oftne if the roade is long cheat and send my sim buy car/taxi and teleport the horse.... imagening that it was in a trailer...)

they could be pc itme... contect to car...
    horse-trailer-accessories-1.jpg

or just the transport your adopted horse comes in, set free to be buyabel for the sims...

This is pretty brilliant!
    edited October 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    This thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604764.page#9696506

reminded me that I would LOVE... actually some time in the game I kind of need.... A HORSE TRAILOR....

so you don't have to ride the horse to the center to compeed.... and when you get there your both to tirred to do it.... (I will oftne if the roade is long cheat and send my sim buy car/taxi and teleport the horse.... imagening that it was in a trailer...)

they could be pc itme... contect to car...
    horse-trailer-accessories-1.jpg

or just the transport your adopted horse comes in, set free to be buyabel for the sims...

This is pretty brilliant!

I admit... I was extreamly disapointed...sad when I couldn't find the transporter... atleast in buydebug....

Screenshot-2-17.jpg

actually they could give me an EXTREAMLY big present makeing it acesabel that way... and I bet it could be done in a patch
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited November 2012
    Oh that's too cool! I've never done that yet, so I haven't seen this! So it's already in the game & they just have to unlock it? Is there some cheat to do that?

We need to be able to use that transporter!
  • MajesticGMajesticG Posts: 285 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I would like to see an open venue such as a Pet Boutique for cats and dogs where either you or an NPC can groom your pet and pick out pet clothes and exclusive collars and beds. 8)

This venue could also have dog/cat strollers, standalone carriers that can attach to your bicycle for those long walks, kitty gazebo and pet bunk beds.
  • ExpandSims2ExpandSims2 Posts: 373 Member
    edited November 2012
    I would definitely love a transport of some kind for the horses. Also winter blankets(not saddle blankets but the all over body blankets for staying warm in winter) they are generally used outdoors in cold weather and even indoors if you are showing the horse. When seasons comes that would be wonderful for them to stay warm. Also a dressage arena would be nice. Dressage animation would be wonderful but that's asking too much I know. But we can pretend the animation with a dressage arena. And barrels for barrel racing could be set up like the jumps are. Dressage and barrel racing could both be added to the showing contests. And even a western pleasure class contest would be nice. A halter that could be left on the horse without reins attached would be nicer for leading than the bridle.

And most of all it would nice to be able to dismount a horse and not have it unsaddled. You could leave it for a short while to pick up collectables. Tie it up to hitch rail while you go change into your riding clothes, whatever. I hate having the horse unsaddle everytime you dismount it for any reason. It's a real pain to have to constantly be saddling because it unsaddles every time you get off even for a second for anything.

Anyway whatever you can do will be appreciated EA. :D
    edited November 2012
    Jilly I don't know of a cheat....
    edited November 2012
    MajesticG wrote:
    I would like to see an open venue such as a Pet Boutique for cats and dogs where either you or an NPC can groom your pet and pick out pet clothes and exclusive collars and beds. 8)

Taking your pet to a groomer - even a groomer career...that's a venue EA would make TONS of money on. Great idea!
    edited November 2012
    I would definitely love a transport of some kind for the horses. Also winter blankets(not saddle blankets but the all over body blankets for staying warm in winter) they are generally used outdoors in cold weather and even indoors if you are showing the horse. When seasons comes that would be wonderful for them to stay warm. Also a dressage arena would be nice. Dressage animation would be wonderful but that's asking too much I know. But we can pretend the animation with a dressage arena. And barrels for barrel racing could be set up like the jumps are. Dressage and barrel racing could both be added to the showing contests. And even a western pleasure class contest would be nice. A halter that could be left on the horse without reins attached would be nicer for leading than the bridle.

And most of all it would nice to be able to dismount a horse and not have it unsaddled. You could leave it for a short while to pick up collectables. Tie it up to hitch rail while you go change into your riding clothes, whatever. I hate having the horse unsaddle everytime you dismount it for any reason. It's a real pain to have to constantly be saddling because it unsaddles every time you get off even for a second for anything.

Anyway whatever you can do will be appreciated EA. :D

I don't think that makeing the dressage arena with animation would be that much harder than what we already have....

but I know I love it...
    I think if made it schould do the following
    - build up the relation ship between sim and horse
    - make it easier to learn a young horse up, so it be trained quicker
    - make it posible for 1 sim to teach an other sim ridding (maybe even children in a long line - don't know english word)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrC1u3QuOkDdxg1i9g4FBQz8gS-TC3Fmem3U2Y3nVCsSQ1D3zSYkh-5qXw
    Doing it with out a sim on the horse would also be a form of training of a young horse before getting on it...
    - make the horse and sim better at all ridding deciplines... after all dressage is the basic of classic ridding.
    - have 5-10 difrent programs that the sim and horse could try to learn... when you mastered level 1 and is at level x in other things (speed and ridding) you unlock level 2 in dressage... and so on...

the barrowl thing be briliant.... just put it down like a jump... and then you could practis it... gain levels in ridding (sim) and speed (horse)

I would also love big cages for multiple small animals (of same type) and that they then if there was 2 or more... and room) would breed.... small turtles... and rats... :)
  • Arietica_BessArietica_Bess Posts: 182 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Does anyone remember that big bird cage from sims unleashed? I would love to have that for the sims 3, with the ability to put multiple birds in it of course. I also miss all those old-fashion looking furnitures that came with sims unleashed.

I bet those of us, who's been loyal sims-fans since the first games, would download it!

x5cpm.jpg
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited December 2012
    I loved that big cage. :D
  • Kaitieee_macKaitieee_mac Posts: 508 Member
    edited December 2012
    Me too! I miss it so much. They do have Christmas items out for I think 350 simpoints. They're cute for the holidays but I want a plain one.
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2013
    Giving this a nudge.
  • CellistinaCellistina Posts: 84 Member
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone remember that big bird cage from sims unleashed? I would love to have that for the sims 3, with the ability to put multiple birds in it of course. I also miss all those old-fashion looking furnitures that came with sims unleashed.

I bet those of us, who's been loyal sims-fans since the first games, would download it!

x5cpm.jpg

TOTALLY would buy that if it were to come out again. Sometimes I am tempted to play Sims2 again just because I miss the objects so much.

Love the dressage idea, and barrel racing ideas too. Also the outdoor blankets. Leg wraps for the horses would be a nifty idea too but IMHO is not critical. Being a horse girl in RL, I'm pretty happy with what Sims3 pets had to offer us, but dogs and cats could use a few more objects like everyone else mentioned.

• SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited March 2013
    Joolster wrote:
    I think it's about time you guys released a new pet set. I know IAMS and Pets reg items were free and there's the feeder PC in the Atomic Age set and the Xmas set, but it'd be nice to get a set that caters to all of the main animal subcategories (since the other sets pretty much ignore horses).

I understand that it wouldn't be as commercially diverse as some CAS/object sets since it's so unique to the expansion, but I bet it would be a roaring success since we are very limited in pets-related item variety. (1 small pet bed makes me sad, give me a cute 1x1 tile pet cushion or something!). And who knows, the set might inspire someone to get the expansion too.

> Atleast 1 more 1x1 pet bed (round/square/heart-shaped cushion)
    > Water bowl/fountain (same function as the food bowl, hunger)
    > Small trampoline for dogs
    > Accessories for horses (leg warmers, coats)
    > A romantic outdoor house (since most of my animals only ever use it to mate :lol: )
    > Small bird cage
    > Fun seasonal clothing for pets (anyone seen little dogs in spider costumes for Halloween? :mrgreen: )

~ Different styles altogether for houses/beds/bowls (Gothique, Futureshock etc)
    ~ Obstacle course for dogs (CaptainTHPS4)
    ~ Barrel racing for horses (Vivianamara)
    ~ Clothing (catloverplayer)
    ~ New styles for horse saddles (Jillyson_Twozaks_1)
    ~ Aviary (multiple birds in one cage) (amjoie)

Yes please! How about some décor items as well to show off our pet pride?
    A leash hook by the front door would be awesome!
    A canister of treats for the kitchen counter?

I love to spoil my dog at home, so more food dishes would be nice... How about one that is a food/water combo? One in one of those stand things?

Dog sweaters for small breeds? Jackets for large ones? How about a raincoat for my Pomeranian?

When my horses aren't saddled, I'd love to be able to put a blanket on them.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    edited March 2013
    redrogue60 wrote:
    I have to say I love the idea of an aviary. I love going to zoos and walking through one of those.

I am also fully supportive of the clothing for pets. In fact I have been asking for this since Sims 2. I actually have different sweaters for my Schnauzer that I put on him before I let him go outside to potty during the Autumn and Winter seasons. Their clipper cut does not leave them much hair for warmth. I also put the booties on him when we go for walks during winter to protect the pads of his little feet from salt and slush.

I've tried this with the greenhouse. I put some bird trees inside and added a few large birds.
  • RotygerRotyger Posts: 313
    edited March 2013
    If this is a petition for more pet stuff, sign me up.
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh peez tew bee gibbing us moar thingz foar petz.
    cF81v282481.jpg
  • TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited March 2013
    redrogue60 wrote:
    I think the Pets are due for some new things. Even though not everyone owns Pets not everyone buys every set as it goes through. I think they would make some fair change off of a set. I would like:

1. New Pets bed styles - Futureshock and Gothique Please Small and Large sizes
    2. New Dog Houses - Futureshock, Gothique, Alice in Wonderland, Steam-punk themes please
    3. Pet bowls - Futureshock & Gothique Please
    4. Bird cage styles
    5. Cat jungle - Futureshock, Steam-punk, Gothique

Premium Content

1. Dog obstacle course
    2. Dog Park water fountain

I like the barrel racing idea too!

All of the above!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    edited March 2013
    I definitely believe the pets are lacking in items. Whenever I visit the pet store it doesn't have anything interesting or new for my animals.
  • SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited March 2013
    I would love to think the Gurus are watching this thread for ideas ;)