Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A pet set? :-)

I think it's about time you guys released a new pet set. I know IAMS and Pets reg items were free and there's the feeder PC in the Atomic Age set and the Xmas set, but it'd be nice to get a set that caters to all of the main animal subcategories (since the other sets pretty much ignore horses).

I understand that it wouldn't be as commercially diverse as some CAS/object sets since it's so unique to the expansion, but I bet it would be a roaring success since we are very limited in pets-related item variety. (1 small pet bed makes me sad, give me a cute 1x1 tile pet cushion or something!). And who knows, the set might inspire someone to get the expansion too.

> Atleast 1 more 1x1 pet bed (round/square/heart-shaped cushion)
> Water bowl/fountain (same function as the food bowl, hunger)
> Small trampoline for dogs
> Accessories for horses (leg warmers, coats)
> A romantic outdoor house (since most of my animals only ever use it to mate :lol: )
> Small bird cage
> Fun seasonal clothing for pets (anyone seen little dogs in spider costumes for Halloween? :mrgreen: )

~ Different styles altogether for houses/beds/bowls (Gothique, Futureshock etc)
~ Obstacle course for dogs (CaptainTHPS4)
~ Barrel racing for horses (Vivianamara)
~ Clothing (catloverplayer)
~ New styles for horse saddles (Jillyson_Twozaks_1)
~ Aviary (multiple birds in one cage) (amjoie)

cat-from-shrek.jpg

Comments

• CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited September 2012
    I agree, we really need more pet stuff! Since Pets is a fan-favourite I don't think EA would lose money by making another pet set even though pets are neither part of the base game or the newest expansion pack. I would definitely pay for all those ideas. They could also make pet furniture that matches previous sets. For premium content they could remake the obstacle course objects for dogs that they had in The Sims Pet Stories! I can't see that not being successful.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would buy it. I haven't played many pets before, just minor ones, but I am starting to play cats more often for my witches. Would love another 1 tile pet bed for them.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • VivianamaraVivianamara Posts: 6
    edited September 2012
    I definitely agree. Give us some more horse stuff!! Maybe training items for Dressage and Western like barrel racing and stuff like that? It's sad how few items there are for Pets.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think the Pets are due for some new things. Even though not everyone owns Pets not everyone buys every set as it goes through. I think they would make some fair change off of a set. I would like:

1. New Pets bed styles - Futureshock and Gothique Please Small and Large sizes
    2. New Dog Houses - Futureshock, Gothique, Alice in Wonderland, Steam-punk themes please
    3. Pet bowls - Futureshock & Gothique Please
    4. Bird cage styles
    5. Cat jungle - Futureshock, Steam-punk, Gothique

Premium Content

1. Dog obstacle course
    2. Dog Park water fountain

I like the barrel racing idea too!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • MajesticGMajesticG Posts: 285 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I highly agree :)
  • 5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Especially for cats (and witches' companions).
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    cat-from-shrek.jpg

Aw, look at him in his wee little boots! How many cats wear boots? Honestly! :mrgreen:
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would LOVE something in Gothique style for Pets to match the rest of the home :mrgreen: The only other thing for pets is a bit pricey (the 3 item 350 Christmas set).
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'd like some pet clothing for dogs,cats and horses.
  • SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited September 2012
    Not only pet sets, I want pet clothes. :)

I want pets to be able to wear dresses and frou-frou things, and cold weather attire in winter for Seasons.

If we can clothe our Sims, why not our pets?

Would love more pet houses, bird cages in different styles too.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2012
    Some fingernail polish for poodles would be nice as well. :wink:
  • liquidyliquidy Posts: 127 Member
    edited September 2012
    They should especially add horse blankets. I'm trying to wean myself off third-party cc but the store just doesn't offer much in the way of pet items.
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited September 2012
    There's some great ideas here. I don't play a lot with the pets, but I have a few in my game.

The one-tile cushion (heart shaped is brilliant!)

a pc dog obstacle course would be a must-have!

Some gothique type looks for pet beds, bird cages, and houses for our familiars in SN.

Some new saddles - again with clockwork and gothique styles. Maybe the fabric face cover the racing horses wear. (I've heard that it's called a sleazy! Lol!) Leg warmers to match.

This is a really fresh and unique idea for store content!
  • SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited September 2012
    Some fingernail polish for poodles would be nice as well. :wink:

Oh no, I could not possibly tell my sister this. She'd be taking her Yorkie for manicures. :shock:
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited September 2012
    I just thought about that too, they could easily add a few pet items to some sets they release, the only one we have now is the Atomic Age set... They could also make 2 different versions of a set (like regular and Gold versions of worlds, just not being called that way) OR they could just release a different set from the same style and make it exclusive to simmers with Pets... :XD:
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would really like a small bird cage for small birds. Or even an aviary where we could put several birds together.

And I like the other ideas, too.
  • seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I hope that ouer pets will get more stuff, haloowen? EA Give as some stuff :roll:
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'd like some pet clothing for dogs,cats and horses.

I like some clothing for pets, like blankets for dogs and horses (I'm quite opposed to treating your pets as accessories however, so no tutus!) but I don't know if it's realistic considering different animals have different fur. So if it works as a fur overlay, it might look really stupid on fluffy pets.
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for this thread. This makes me wonder which existing set would be best for it to go into. Mid-Century? Ultra Lounge?
    edited October 2012
    I have to say I love the idea of an aviary. I love going to zoos and walking through one of those.

I am also fully supportive of the clothing for pets. In fact I have been asking for this since Sims 2. I actually have different sweaters for my Schnauzer that I put on him before I let him go outside to potty during the Autumn and Winter seasons. Their clipper cut does not leave them much hair for warmth. I also put the booties on him when we go for walks during winter to protect the pads of his little feet from salt and slush.
    edited October 2012
    I would also like to ask for:

Collars & Tags that reflect the new holiday celebrations

1. Spiderweb Print collar with Spider Tag
    2. Orange Pumpkin Patch Print Collar with Pumpkin Tag
    3. Candy Cane Stripe Collar with Candy Cane Tag
    4. Christmas Ornament Collar with Christmas Tree Tag
    5. Snowflake Print with Blue background Collar with Snowflake Tag
    6. Snowman Collar with Snowman Tag
    7. Bat Print Collar with Purple Background and Bat Tag
    8. Bunny Print Collar with Easter Egg Tag
    9. Autumn Leaves Print Collar with Leaf Tag
    10. Fireworks Print Collar with Firework Tag
    edited October 2012
    I'm going to bump this but I might start my own thread on the collars
  • HollenaHollena Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited October 2012
    agree :!:
  • JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited October 2012
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZt8PgAEYPRlh15nuPM2ivy5nn4bNXICKic1jbUpiAVcyZHOvUuIQV3dDO8g
  • CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited October 2012
    Yes let's keep this thread alive! Seriously, obstacle course premium content for dogs. Please!
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull