Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue with the Spectrum Mood Lamp

The "feeling blue" moodlet doesn't end when my sim leaves the area of the lamp or even the lot. It won't stop until I turn off the lamp.

Also, I have yet to see a lamp be any color except blue. I've only used the lamp several times so I could just be unlucky. However, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed these things about the lamp.

Comments

• KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited September 2012

No one else has noticed the moodlet lasting after the sim leaves the lot the lamp was on?
  • GothicViperGothicViper Posts: 722 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Same happened to me with the 'Green' moodlet. Just hit ctrl+shift+c and type testingcheatsenabled true

Shift+click on the moodlet to remove it, that's the only way to sort it :)
  • zpherhezpherhe Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I had the same issue, although it even lasted after I had sold the lamp.
    Also, during the time my sim had the purple moodlet zombies continued to spawn every day, during all hours independent of the moon phase.
    As soon as she was on a lot the zombies started to spawn after a while.
    This ended when I purchased a new lamp, selected another colour and then turned the lamp of so that I could loose the "permanent" moodlet.
  • RobECoyoteRobECoyote Posts: 267 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I had the same thing, used the lamp, then one of my sims went off to work while the other stayed at home, in range of the lamp. When I turned the lamp off, the one at home lost the moodlet, but when the worker came back, they still had the moodlet. Only way I found to get rid of it was to turn the lamp back on when they were in range, then turn it off again, which got rid of it.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2012
    One of my sims got the feelin' red moodlet stuck.

To change the colour of the lamp, click on it when it's turned off and select another colour.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • sam_jaderiasam_jaderia Posts: 284 New Member
    edited September 2012
    My male fairy sim is permanently pink. He doesn't lose the moodlet and his skin is still coloured, even though it has been weeks. Also he had twin girls, and one also got the pink moodlet and it stopped her aging up. I'm also wondering if it stopped the female sim getting pregnant.
  • CurlykatzCurlykatz Posts: 338 Member
    edited September 2012
    I've had the same problems! I tested it with all the colours and it bugs out with all of them. Plus I've noticed that when you turn it off, only the sim that you're currently controlling changes back to normal, noone else in the room.
    It got so annoying that I just don't use the lamp anymore, shame really :(!
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2012
    It happens to all mood settings in my game and my Sims keep that moodlet even after the lamp is turned off. I always
    set testingcheats on and remove the moodlet with
    ctrl + left mouse click
    It also turns your Sim's skin color back to normal.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This space is for rent.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2012
    KatzMeowz wrote:

The "feeling blue" moodlet doesn't end when my sim leaves the area of the lamp or even the lot. It won't stop until I turn off the lamp.

Also, I have yet to see a lamp be any color except blue. I've only used the lamp several times so I could just be unlucky. However, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed these things about the lamp.

That is normal. It is not a glitch. :wink:
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2012
    KatzMeowz wrote:

Turn the lamp off and click it. You can then change the light color.
    This space is for rent.
  • lalalovesims19lalalovesims19 Posts: 70 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I was having the same problem. When I turned off the lamp my fairy sim remained pink. What I ended up doing was turning it back on and off while the sim was in range, and the moodlet was gone. It's a really neat little concept but it does have some glitches..