Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

supernatural folk won't marry

Okay here's the gist of it:

Made a CAS Witch (female)
Found Fairy in game I wanted her to marry.
Got them in love (even preggers)
Where there would usually be a 'let's go steady' option, there was only 'ask to forsake witchitude' or 'ask to forsake the fae'.

Ok so witches & fairies can't marry. Whatever. Gotcha.

Have the guy forsake the fae & stalk the elixir shop until he gets the potion to become a witch.
He's a witch now.
This did solve the 'together' thing. For the longest time they lived together as 'romantic interests' & nothing more. They're at bf/gf now.
Even though now he's a witch I still just keep getting 'ask to forsake witchitude' instead of an option to propose.
Now it's even to the point where they BOTH have a desire to get married.

Any thoughts on this? Have you been able to have marriages with various supernatural beings mixed up?

(if it matters, i'm on a macbook pro OS X. also i acquired my game through amazon digital download)

(re-posted to correct forum... sorry about that first one)

Comments

• Options
    andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited September 2012
    It took me awhile to get the go steady option for my fairy and witch couple who just had twin witch/warlock (biy/girl) but I figured eventually they would get married now I'm sad they can't? :?
  • Options
    FAWKES411FAWKES411 Posts: 104 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't know why I'm having so many issues with this. Especially since they are both witches now. (for the time being lol. i'm changing him back to a fairy the second they're married even if it's a cause of divorce)

I really hope this is just a bug and now how the game was set up. I mean it's a stretch to understand how you could only marry someone who's the same life-state as you are.....a huge stretch but whatever. (this is a game after all)

Not to have an option to marry when they are both witches though??!! No way.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    *bump* :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Would really appreciate some thoughts on this. Tried moving them out & then back in. No change in the slightest. :(
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't see why they can't get married. One of the Crumplebottom sisters married the fat fairy guy in my game and I wasn't even playing that household lol Does any of them have the Commitment Issues trait?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    No. I'm wondering if its some kind of townie glitch? (witch is CAS, fairy is Pip Goodfellow) I'm going to try making two CAS sims, placing them in different households & I'm gonna see if I can get them together.
  • Options
    BeachGirl6747BeachGirl6747 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't have Supernatural yet, but I have had glitches in which two regular Sims that have a full romantic interest bar could never get the propose going steady option. It might just be a glitch.
  • Options
    jennamaraejennamarae Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2012
    Had that happen in my game so I used a cheat to add the other sim into the family and they had an option to ask my sim to break it off with another townie. I didn't know she was in a relationship (didn't do anything to put her in one and it didn't show in the friends tab that she was in one), but that was the reason why they couldn't go steady or get engaged. Might be worth checking in your games to see if that's what's going on. It's an annoying bug, but fixable if you can figure out who the game thinks your sim is in a relationship with or don't mind using cheats to fix it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2012
    Bummer looks like we have to wait for a patch to fix it. Generally patches after eps take 1 or 2 months to come out. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Please also post in this thread.

This is the thread EA looks at.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/581172.page
  • Options
    SaturnLunaSaturnLuna Posts: 74 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I think the only way supernaturals can marry is if you first start the game in CAS and edit their relationship. This has happened to me today. I created a family consisting of a Mother witch, son witch, father werewolf, and daughter werewolf. The mother died because a spell backfired, but her husband brought her back via genie and they are exes. I got them to finally go steady but no proposal option has come up. I just gave up and they are just boyfriend and girlfriend. In my other game, the man is a werewolf and the woman is a human and they can propose and marry with no problem.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    jennamarae wrote:
    Had that happen in my game so I used a cheat to add the other sim into the family and they had an option to ask my sim to break it off with another townie. I didn't know she was in a relationship (didn't do anything to put her in one and it didn't show in the friends tab that she was in one), but that was the reason why they couldn't go steady or get engaged. Might be worth checking in your games to see if that's what's going on. It's an annoying bug, but fixable if you can figure out who the game thinks your sim is in a relationship with or don't mind using cheats to fix it.

LOL ok um...I know for sure he isn't in another relationship. I kinda 'befriended' Pip's wife then killed her off after I moved in most of the fam. I was impatient, lolz. He interacted with her ghost for awhile....it showed her as ex-wife as soon as she died. I actually just deleted her tombstone on the off chance it was having an effect........didn't help a thing.

Catlover:
    Thanks for the link, I will be sure to post there. :)

*edit*
    SaturnLuna wrote:
    I think the only way supernaturals can marry is if you first start the game in CAS and edit their relationship.
    I don't think that will turn out to be true. I really hope this can be fixed with a patch! If it is true I will be really annoyed. What's the point in having so many life-states if we can't have all sorts of crazy families?? :D lol

I'm off to test my CAS theory mentioned earlier....... I'll post results later. I'm gonna keep the basics similar. Male fairy, female witch.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I guess they missed this during testing.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So annoyed. CAS sims were able to get married in just a few sim hours. Tweaked their relationship bar obviously.
  • Options
    tropicalrain16tropicalrain16 Posts: 41
    edited September 2012
    Had this issue earlier today and was contemplating posting...

I had a vampire and a werewolf I wanted to marry, and for the life of me I could NOT get the proposal option up. They are still currently boyfriend and girlfriend.

Bar was full on the relationship, they were feelin' it, but no magic happened. -____- Which is sad, because they've already had a kid together and I really want them married! :cry:

Hopefully a solution will be found soon. Good luck to you all!
  • Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited September 2012
    That's strange. I haven't had this problem yet. So far I've had my fairy marry a werewolf and a witch. The witch was already married before my fairy convinced him to leave his wife.

Both the werewolf and witch were townies. I didn't have to use any cheats to alter their relationship or get them married.

I don't know why it's not working for you guys, but it sounds really frustrating. I hope it gets fixed!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Only thing left to test now is to try & woo a townie completely 100% cheat free. I already play without any mods so that won't be a problem. I don't see why cheats would hurt the game the way I use them.

One thing I always forget to do is turn testingcheatsenabled back to 'false' after I'm done tweaking things. If I remember right, people would have various problems crop up from that in the past. I'll try that later.

Only things is, since I have already saved & exited a few times I don't know if it will help. Seriously--I only used those cheats for two things:
    -Raising relationship bar @ beginning -- and
    -Tweaking some of their mood bars back up to green.

Sadface.

EDIT:

Well, good news & bad news:
    FAWKES411 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

@FAWKES411: There is a bug that makes it difficult for Sims that have prior relationships get married. The relationships are not getting cleaned correctly. It's been an issue that has been ok then bad than ok for quite a while. Seems to be bad again. I'll add

I don't use any mods. With all the issues that generally surround mods I stay away from those & CC.

Thanks for your time! :)

Here's a direct link. My part of it is only on pg 44 & 45.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/660/581172.page

• Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited September 2012
    I always have testing cheats turned on. I have tried using that to adjust the relationships. It all works fine on my end so the cheat isn't the problem.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I really didn't think it was either...........was just kind of grabbing at straws bc it was before I read the other guy's replies on the other thread.
  • Options
    CassieblckCassieblck Posts: 20 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I am having this same issue. My fairy and vampire have a full relationship but I cannot get the proposal option. They have both been faithful. I also use no mods. This is disappointing. They also both want to get married...and woohoo all the time haha.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    No, any supernatural sim can marry any other sim they have a relationship with. I don't know what would be causing the problem for the OP but it certainly isn't an issue of being different supernaturals, as the problem persists after making them both witches. I have many couples that are different supernaturals, including a fairy/werewolf couple and a werewolf/witch couple. There is no problem getting married or even conceiving a child, so long as the werewolves are in human form when they try.

There is a chance that the OP has not spammed romantic interactions enough to have the propose options come up. Aside from that, perhaps there is a mod or cc that is interfering. There does not appear to be any bug in the vanilla game that causes difficulties in getting married, so I would think this is an issue of not using enough romantic interactions or having mods and cc in the game.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    tmwarfieldtmwarfield Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I am a little angry. I have a fairy who wants to marry her boyfriend, a human. But no option. I realize this forum is to help Fawkes411, but i have tried romantic interests and am fed up. Oh if this helps, also the human's reputation is cheater, when i played with a different family, he got irresponsible. The fairy on the other hand is eternally faithful.
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited December 2012
    Usually when you want your sims to marry, alot of romantic emotes, and dates make it happen. My sim is a fairy and went for a human, they dated, and if you get romantic and woohoo with him, usually those options come up. If you want another sim to move in, use as many friendly emotes as possible. It will come up, even Do you want to stay over? is a good way to start.
    Emoting often in friendly brings up more emotes the more intense your friendship/relationship is. Once you have those options you can take control of the sim you have in question. I have done that with Rainflower Ivy and Chester Swain.
    Romantic options requires the sims to go on dates, ask to leave a partner if they have one, and the more interaction with romantic, the option Will you marry me? should come up as well.

But thats how i did it, and it worked everytime. Might be another way, not sure, but this is what i do, and hope its helps out a bit.

Even though using the potion to help the frienship bar works alot, still getting to know the other sim, traits, everything is usually triggers it off too.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Whtrbbt13Whtrbbt13 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Had a slightly similar issue to tropicalrain16. Had a boy werewolf and a female vampire date and successfully get married at the vampire's house, but he didn't automatically move in and I can never get an option to "ask to move in". It's utterly frustrating.
  • Options
    Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    edited January 2013
    There's a glitch that started in Showtime where if Sims get married, they won't movie in together, and the sim won't change their last name to match the other. I've never heard of the marriage option not coming up though... If you just want it to make sense on the family tree, then you can have the other sim move in (use a bunch of "friendly" actions until the option to move in comes up), and then have the female sim change her last name at the City Hall. Then if they have a kid together, once they all die then it'll look normal on the family tree... hope that helps.