Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magic Jelly Beans

Comments

• SophluSophlu Posts: 97 New Member
    edited September 2012
    haha i bought one, but i've not used it yet, and i don't think i will now :P
  • ShiromisaShiromisa Posts: 193
    edited September 2012
    My boy witch sim with Lucky trait: first bean, burned to death.

My girl fairy sim with Unlucky moodlet:
    First bean: stuffed moodlet, gained by eating too much. Neither positive nor negative.
    Second bean: Turned her blue.
    Third gave her a caffeine buzz. (Slight positive)
    Fourth gave her an adrenaline rush. (Slight positive)
    Fifth gave her an itch, slight negative moodlet.
    Sixth bean: Lucky moodlet
    Seventh: Disappointed moodlet
    Eighth: "Warmed" moodlet, significant positive, usually gained by eating baked angel food cake.
    Ninth: Minty breath, usually gained from brushing teeth, slight positive.
    Tenth: No visible change.
    11th: "Oddly powerful" moodlet, slight positive, never seen that one before.

After that, it just kept renewing the moodlets she already had.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2012
    Shiromisa wrote:
    My boy witch sim with Lucky trait: first bean, burned to death.

My girl fairy sim with Unlucky moodlet:
    First bean: stuffed moodlet, gained by eating too much. Neither positive nor negative.
    Second bean: Turned her blue.
    Third gave her a caffeine buzz. (Slight positive)
    Fourth gave her an adrenaline rush. (Slight positive)
    Fifth gave her an itch, slight negative moodlet.
    Sixth bean: Lucky moodlet
    Seventh: Disappointed moodlet
    Eighth: "Warmed" moodlet, significant positive, usually gained by eating baked angel food cake.
    Ninth: Minty breath, usually gained from brushing teeth, slight positive.
    Tenth: No visible change.
    11th: "Oddly powerful" moodlet, slight positive, never seen that one before.

After that, it just kept renewing the moodlets she already had.

poor boy with Lucky trait. :lol:
  • mexall00mexall00 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    The ghost of the jelly bean death look awesome :D
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    I was a little nervous about the jelly beans! I decided after nearly a month of playing the game, that I should be brave and let a sim try one of those jelly beans. I knew there was a small chance she might die, but I figured the chances were far greater that something else would happen, she could get a good moodlet or something even. She ate a jelly bean and bursted into flames!! She wasn't at home, so I sent her to go home and she didn't make it there before the flames consumed her!!!

It was tragic, yet also kind of funny (sorry to say it!). I went with it. Now I have a fire ghost on my lot. I only like being haunted by ghosts of sims I really cared about, so I'm able to still enjoy her.

But I don't think I'll be brave enough to try another jelly bean until I have a sim I actually want to pass on!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited October 2012
    Does anyone know the actual percentage chance of dying from the magic jelly beans? I still have yet to have my sim try to eat one...
    er0s4g.jpg
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited October 2012
    my silly teen had the wish to eat 3 jelly beans, so i knew they could die, but what the heck. so he ate 3, some moodlits nothing bad. wish poped up to eat 5 jelly beans, same moodlits nothing bad. then 10 jelly beans, well he ate those so now, he's eaten 18 jelly beans, some pretty feirce moodlits, lol, but no death. but when he wanted to eat 20 jelly beans i just went psh... not happening.
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited October 2012
    GREENEYA wrote:
    I love Magic Jelly Beans plant. It is fun. :D

It is indeed thanks to zombies lol :twisted:
    Once in a great while when they can't get inside or to my garden they actually eat a jelly bean... The effects are fun to watch. Only once has a sim of mine went for a jelly bean and wasn't while home LOL.
    But stopped him. Just incase it would lead to death...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited October 2012
    lydiad206 wrote:
    Does anyone know the actual percentage chance of dying from the magic jelly beans? I still have yet to have my sim try to eat one...

I was told on here that there is a 1% chance of death by jelly bean. My Sim ate 1.....only 1.....and died. Fortunately she had several death flowers in her inventory and whipped one out when Mr Reaper came after her.
  • clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited October 2012
    Got_Bawls wrote:
    when i first started the game (after waiting three hours for the game to download) I placed a jelly bean plant into my lot and less then ten minutes (real time) into my game my sim ate a jelly bean and died!

I'm so sorry that happened to you but this made me laugh very hard :lol:
  • WeeblegrrlWeeblegrrl Posts: 16
    edited October 2012
    My Warewolf ate his first bean and died. I hadn't saved in a long time so I accepted his death and moved his tombstone to my yard. I lost my car in all of this but gained the things he had gone to buy at the alchemy shop.
  • DCPuppyGirlDCPuppyGirl Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited October 2012
    They remind me of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans from Harry Potter! :mrgreen:
    5dK3aTu.gif
  • BigDaymanBigDayman Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I just made my sim, moved him in, made his house, perfected his looks. He goes to sleep and I get the jelly bean bush because, I mean, why not? Its a **** jelly bean bush! When he wakes up I had him eat, use the restroom, shower, and go eat a bean and suddenly he collapses to the ground. I thought he passed out when the maid came to see if he was okay and then suddenly the Grim Reaper appears. D: He gets turned into a ghost, so I'm thinking "Okay. I will be a ghost now! Cool! Maybe he can be a ghost-wizard." Nope. Nope... Grim took him away. Less than '24hrs' - Sim Time - and my guy dies.

Ffffffff-

/flips everything
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Same thing happened to me -- I had never touched a jelly bean tree before, and I was curious. My sim had three beans, and BAM! Dead. It drove me crazy!
  • Kaveh300Kaveh300 Posts: 44 New Member
    edited December 2012
    simgrl74 wrote:
    I bought the magic jelly bean tree and had my teen sim-witch eat one and she immediately died :shock:! She did this Shatner School of Acting death scene and, boom, here comes the grim reaper! And what does her fairy mom do when she's done mourning? Starts a pillow fight with old mr. reaper!

Thank goodness I had saved not too long before and could reload. I was having fun with my witch and wasn't ready to lose her. No more jelly bean trees for me for a while. :mrgreen:

Oh, and I love love love the maniac laugh when the fairy is riding the train!

ETA: This was jelly bean #2 off the tree, too!

Would you believe that there's only a 1% chance that you would get the death by jelly bean. Can't believe you beat the odds... not that you want to if you like your sim.
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited December 2012
    1%? Really? It's happened to me three times.
  • conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited December 2012
    I managed to get death flowers for all my sims for when the do stupid things. lol Jelly Bean Bush is one of the reasons for this.
  • DmoquinnDmoquinn Posts: 748 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Recently, I wanted to try the jelly bean death, and my Sim died on his second jelly bean. :lol: Now his poor wife is raising 5 children on her own.
  • Kaveh300Kaveh300 Posts: 44 New Member
    edited December 2012

Yeah, I looked it up on Sim Wiki.
  • emiliajane1971emiliajane1971 Posts: 101 Member
    edited December 2012
    Where do you get the Jelly bean plant?
    It's in buy mode, decor, under plants. Costs $575.

thank you ! I was too afraid to ask as I havent played this ex pack much x
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited December 2012

It is strange. One my sim died after eating first magic jelly bean. But my other sim had eaten 30 of them and nothing. :D
  • CatherynBlueCatherynBlue Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited December 2012
    My sim ate 40, yes, 40 magic jellybeans and still didn't die! I was sitting there going.. eat jellybean... eat jellybean.. eat jellybean.. for AGES and no luck! Her butt caught fire tonnes of times, and she got eletrocuted, her needs went down, etc but I wanted a jellybean ghost -.-
  • LetterFromAThiefLetterFromAThief Posts: 2,971 Member
    edited December 2012
    simgrl74 wrote:
    I bought the magic jelly bean tree and had my teen sim-witch eat one and she immediately died :shock:! She did this Shatner School of Acting death scene and, boom, here comes the grim reaper! And what does her fairy mom do when she's done mourning? Starts a pillow fight with old mr. reaper!

Thank goodness I had saved not too long before and could reload. I was having fun with my witch and wasn't ready to lose her. No more jelly bean trees for me for a while. :mrgreen:

Oh, and I love love love the maniac laugh when the fairy is riding the train!

ETA: This was jelly bean #2 off the tree, too!

...Shatner School of Acting death scene? *bursts out laughing* Ohhh you're awesome....bwahahahah....

Aside from that, wow odd! I've only had one Sim eat a jelly bean from the tree and she didn't die 0_o...guess I'm staying away from that tree...
  • pjbinnhpjbinnh Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I'm sad because my sim ate only one next to the Elixir shop and died a fiery death. I didn't know how to put the fire out and hadn't saved in 4 hours. I would never had thought a jelly bean could do anything bad. It was totally unexpected. I would have thought he would know to stop, drop and roll to put it out.
  • liabeas08liabeas08 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I had my sim eat like 20 of those jelly beans, and all that happened to her was the first time she turned blue, and the second time she turned yellow. I don't want to kill her though, because she has a toddler... I'm going to save the game first then see what happens with the next bean! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top