Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magic Jelly Beans

I bought the magic jelly bean tree and had my teen sim-witch eat one and she immediately died :shock:! She did this Shatner School of Acting death scene and, boom, here comes the grim reaper! And what does her fairy mom do when she's done mourning? Starts a pillow fight with old mr. reaper!

Thank goodness I had saved not too long before and could reload. I was having fun with my witch and wasn't ready to lose her. No more jelly bean trees for me for a while. :mrgreen:

Oh, and I love love love the maniac laugh when the fairy is riding the train!

ETA: This was jelly bean #2 off the tree, too!

Comments

• NateyPNateyP Posts: 13
    edited September 2012
    Sadly I figured this out the hard way after playing for 3 hours and not saving :oops:
  • HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited September 2012
    Same thing happened to me.. I had to start all over :cry:
  • ezeliastarsongezeliastarsong Posts: 799 Member
    edited September 2012
    O_O those are some potent jelly beans! I haven't yet experienced with it yet. I'm gonna laugh if it takes like.. 10 jelly beans to kill a Sim. When I intend to make a ghost, I'll definitely use the Jelly Beans.. I wonder how they'll re-live (ha pun..funny) their deaths o.O
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2012
    I gave up after having my sim eat nearly 50 of those things. All sorts of weird things happened to her, but she never got the death jelly bean.
  • bootie101bootie101 Posts: 127 Member
    edited September 2012
    One of my sims caught on fire from eating one.. I let her burn slowly to her death..lol :evil:
  • WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited September 2012
    My sim ate one, got the very hungry moodlet and died from starvation. Which is kind of ironic? I was gonna role with it but then my game shut down coz I accidentally pushed q, it came with that message, I thought it was for edit town so I didn't save. Now I'm going to start the family again.
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Got_BawlsGot_Bawls Posts: 262
    edited September 2012
    when i first started the game (after waiting three hours for the game to download) I placed a jelly bean plant into my lot and less then ten minutes (real time) into my game my sim ate a jelly bean and died!
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love Magic Jelly Beans plant. It is fun. :D
  • WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited September 2012
    I love Magic Jelly Beans plant. It is fun.

Same, its great! :D It gives funny moodlets, like the berry blue one that makes you blue. I just wish it didn't kill you every fifth try :(
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • MorpheousMorpheous Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2012
    One of my sims has the jelly bean plant, and when I tried it I just got positive moodlets. Even got a wish to eat 10 of them, so I sat there eating them to fill the wish wanting to see the Jelly Bean death. Just kept getting positive moodlets and still have yet to see this! lol

My sims always seem to avoid death.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2012
    LOL, that thing is so random! I was experimenting with it a little while ago and the first jelly bean made my sim go pee, the next one bean she ate gave her the "terrified" moodlet, the one after that turned her blue, and then she finally got the "feeling lucky" moodlet from the last one. I decided she should stop eating jelly beans at that point. Didn't want to push it. :wink:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Got_BawlsGot_Bawls Posts: 262
    edited September 2012
    my vampire ate a jelly bean and it drained all his energy so he was in the red
  • NoogaNooga Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2012
    I just wonder if the Grim Reaper will die if He eats one after taking one of my Sims soul

Btw I love how you can see the beans throught a ghost that dies from it
  • elbagarpieelbagarpie Posts: 243 Member
    edited September 2012
    Nooga wrote:
    I just wonder if the Grim Reaper will die if He eats one after taking one of my Sims soul

Btw I love how you can see the beans throught a ghost that dies from it

That's a great idea n one that shows I'm still a forum newbie, eek. Can the Grim Reaper 'jellybean' die? :o
  • EvezanEvezan Posts: 773
    edited September 2012
    I ate from the one on the alchemy shop lot in moonlight falls about 3 times getting fairly funny results. Then my sim wanted to buy one so I did. His first bean at home electrocuted him and set him on fire. I had a shower close to put him out but it also burned down my jellybean bush. :lol: Then I went back to the alchemy shop to eat on theirs some more. It also lit me on fire killing my sim (who was saved by a death flower) No more jellies for me until I get a nice supply of shower in a can.
  • Katana322Katana322 Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2012
    I've had a sim eat about 50 jelly beans and not die yet, he just gets moodlets.
  • SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    edited September 2012
    Remind me to keep a plentiful stock of death flowers!
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2012
    Nooga wrote:

It would be cool. :lol:
  • Penny848Penny848 Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited September 2012
    Still no deaths for me! Not saying I want any.....yet ;)
  • RainawaterRainawater Posts: 80
    edited September 2012
    mine wont lose the smelly moodlet after eating one no matter what I do

one told my sim top have a nap and when he woke up he earned a bunch of skill levels
  • LlamasLoveLaurenLlamasLoveLauren Posts: 9
    edited September 2012
    This bush is driving me crazy. I've had my Child Sim Edward eating them for two sim-days and he's gotten over 20 different moodlets, including ones for school, strength, stinkiness and more. Am I just having bad luck, or can Child Sims not die this way? Please help. :shock:
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited September 2012
    i know! this bush deserves a warning!!!!!!
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • igreatnessincigreatnessinc Posts: 15 Member
    edited September 2012
    Where do you get the Jelly bean plant?
  • 505Dude505Dude Posts: 11
    edited September 2012
    I love using the jelly bean bush. I really like the glowing skin one. Unfortuantly my sim died but had a unused genie lamp in his pocket. Yay random moodlets
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited September 2012
    Where do you get the Jelly bean plant?
    It's in buy mode, decor, under plants. Costs $575.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top