Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update on Steam-It-Up Sauna problems

SimGuruKellySimGuruKelly Posts: 173
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
We are aware that a few of our users are experiencing problems with their Steam-It-Up Sauna. We have identified a fix for this problem and are planning to release it in an upcoming patch. In the meantime, most people have been able to fix this by simply restarting their game. However, if you are still experiencing the problem, you should be able to resolve it by following the steps indicated below.
    1. Back up any Sunlit Tides save files that you'd like to keep to a safe location like your desktop. (Normally located here:
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves).
    2. Open
C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (or the equivalent directory) and delete all files inside the DCCache and DCBackup folders.
    3. Open TS3 Launcher and re-install Sunlit Tides
FIRST
    4. Re-install the Deep Fryer and Ice Cream Maker (or Fabulous Fiesta set)
SECOND and then any other Store Content after that.
    5. Once you’ve confirmed that the Sauna is working, copy your backed-up save files back into your C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder and enjoy your time in Sunlit Tides!

If your Sauna is still broken, you will need to delete your Sunlit Tides save files since they may be corrupted and repeat steps 2-5.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    BlaZZingBrunetteBlaZZingBrunette Posts: 104
    edited August 2012
    :DHi! Fortunately for me, I have not encountered any problems.:)
    Should I encounter a glitch; I will come back to this thread(Bookmarks). Happy Simming!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you so much Gurus! Glad to hear fix will be included in a patch.
  • Options
    maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited August 2012
    thubs up for the gurus for handeling this so quickly
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2012
    Glad to know yall will fix this in the SN patch for the people who are having this issue. Any chance there will also be a fix for the massage table were female sims don't get the moodlet when getting a romantic massage?
  • Options
    sims96fansims96fan Posts: 203
    edited August 2012
    I posted in the other sauna thread but it doesn't appear any gurus ever read it...

My gardener sims with the green thumb trait and super green thumb lifetime reward are no longer able to "revive dead plant". Is this supposed to be the case?

Also, I've noticed that my sims no longer receive lifetime happiness points for completed wishes that are in the current wish window, and not one of the four saved wish windows.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited August 2012
    sims96fan wrote:
    I posted in the other sauna thread but it doesn't appear any gurus ever read it...

My gardener sims with the green thumb trait and super green thumb lifetime reward are no longer able to "revive dead plant". Is this supposed to be the case?

Also, I've noticed that my sims no longer receive lifetime happiness points for completed wishes that are in the current wish window, and not one of the four saved wish windows.

Is the plant actually dead from neglect and not just barren? They can't revive barren plants.

As for the second thing you mentioned, I don't think Sims have ever gotten points for a want that wasn't in the promised panel. At least mine haven't.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    sims96fansims96fan Posts: 203
    edited August 2012
    Is the plant actually dead from neglect and not just barren? They can't revive barren plants.

No, it's just barren.. thanks for the clarification! I guess it's been a while since I tried it and it worked. :oops:
  • Options
    Sassable1Sassable1 Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2012
    We have identified a fix for this problem and are planning to release it in an upcoming patch.

By "upcoming patch" - does this mean the SN patch or do you mean a separate Store patch after the SN patch?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sassable1 wrote:
    We have identified a fix for this problem and are planning to release it in an upcoming patch.

By "upcoming patch" - does this mean the SN patch or do you mean a separate Store patch after the SN patch?

Most likely SN becauee that patch comes out Monday or Tuesday.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sassable1 wrote:

Most likely not since the fix for the clearstorey window from Lucky Palms couldn't make it into that patch. It's being fixed with Seasons.

Hopefully it'll be a store patch but it might not come until Seasons.

Can gurus confirm please?
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited August 2012
    Just a little warning after reading the steps.

If you are using custom content, ONLY delete the files with the extension *.ebc from the DCCache folder, NOT the *.dbc, otherwise you will need to reinstall all your custom content as well.

Also delete the file Sunlit Tides.world in installedWorlds before reinstalling the world.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SimGuruKellySimGuruKelly Posts: 173
    edited August 2012
    This fix will not be in the Supernatural patch. I can't promise anything at this point, but we are targeting the Seasons patch.
  • Options
    Sassable1Sassable1 Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Sassable1 wrote:

Most likely not since the fix for the clearstorey window from Lucky Palms couldn't make it into that patch. It's being fixed with Seasons.

Hopefully it'll be a store patch but it might not come until Seasons.

Can gurus confirm please?
    This fix will not be in the Supernatural patch. I can't promise anything at this point, but we are targeting the Seasons patch.

Thanks everyone & SGKelly for responding so quick! I just wanted to be sure so i didn't get my hopes up for the SN patch & then be traumatized if it wasn't fixed then, LOL.
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited September 2012
    Going to try this. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    SimGuruSarah_oldSimGuruSarah_old Posts: 447 SimGuru (retired)
    edited September 2012
    Sassable1 wrote:

It will be in a future patch. The SN patch was already complete when this problem arose.

EDIT: Oops, Kelly beat me too this...I probably should have read all the way to the bottom of the thread :p
    I am a Producer on The Sims 4.
    Please follow me on Twitter @SimGuruSarah
  • Options
    SimGuruSarah_oldSimGuruSarah_old Posts: 447 SimGuru (retired)
    edited September 2012
    Glad to know yall will fix this in the SN patch for the people who are having this issue. Any chance there will also be a fix for the massage table were female sims don't get the moodlet when getting a romantic massage?

We have not been able to reproduce this unfortunately. I did see one post on the forums where someone said it was a conflict with another piece of Store content, but they didn't remember which one. We do test all PC items with other PC items, but thus far our QA has been unable to reproduce this issue.
    I am a Producer on The Sims 4.
    Please follow me on Twitter @SimGuruSarah
  • Options
    DanaeroxanDanaeroxan Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have problems with the steam it up sauna in every neighborhood...not only in sunlit tides..
    And I have another problem as well,when I collect a glow orb mushroom it's not stored in my inventory..and the other problem is that in my garden when I want to take care of my garden my sim do one tree and then stops,even when there's some plants that need to be weed or got fruits on them
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    edited October 2012
    I've tried every solution proposed and I still cannot use the deep fryer and the ice cream maker to be able to have a working sauna!... I currently have these two items uninstalled from my game - I've paid for them and can't use them because I prefer to use the sauna. Maybe EA should give me my points back? To be honest, all I want is a patch to fix this mess... :(
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2012
    Is this ever going to be fixed??
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited October 2012
    This problem is bad for me. I need to fix it. I am planning on following your and crinrict's instructions. But I have a question.

Does deleting the *.dbc files from the DCCache folder delete my downloaded Store Content?

If so, then after completing the procedure of deleting these files and uninstalling ST, then reinstalling ST, do I have to then reinstall all of my store content?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hello Guru's????1?!? Is something going to be done? A patch? I would really like to use all of the objects I paid for without jumping through hoops, uninstalling and reinstalling content. Thank you
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    edited October 2012
    As a result of the incompatibility between the sauna and the ice cream maker and the deep fryer, I chose to uninstall these two appliances from my game in order to be able to use the sauna.

Yesterday, after installing the new patch (1.42) I decided to check if the problem had been solved - even if unintentionally...
    And, as it turns out, it has! :) - I reinstalled the ice cream maker and the deep fryer and, at least in the household I'm currently playing, the sauna still works and I can now also use the appliances.

Maybe some of those who experience this problem can try again after installing this patch and say how it worked out for them.
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited November 2012
    Have you tried replacing your ccmerged file in the DC Backup folder? I did this and it fixed my problem, for instructions on how to do this see here http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/ scroll down and read Restoring Your ccmerged.package.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Glad to hear that the patch seems to have fixed. If only I COULD patch
  • Options
    AlchemyAlchemy Posts: 159 Member
    edited November 2012
    My sim wants to relentlessly cook steamed vegitables on the Sauna, even if its hunger level is full. The moment my sim is not doing anything, it goes off to cook steamed vegitables. It's exhausting. I got distracted once and left my sim unattended, came back to find plates of cooked, uneaten vegitables all over the place. I eventually just deleted the sauna from the house as it was becoming more hassle than anything else

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top