Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Freeplay Baby/Toddler items/interactions for Sims 3?

I don't know if anyone else plays The Sims Freeplay for the Ipod/Iphone/Ipad, but I started playing it a few weeks ago & just got my first baby. They updated the game to be able to support toddlers as well. Its really cute, but while I'm playing it, I'm just thinking to myself why did they not give these items/interactions to our Sims 3 toddlers? I mean come on the Ipod/Iphone/Ipad is far inferior to a real computer, so its not like be able to support the content is out of the question, and the graphics are about as good as sims 1 graphics were, yet they all still look pretty decent. I wouldn't even mind if they looked that way in Sims 3, as long as they had them!

Here's some examples:

Items:

-Toddler beds (Race car, castle, normal) Where the toddlers actually climb into bed themselves

-A pile of blocks on the floor that they play with & build up

-A rocking horse (which I've seen screenshots of one of these in Supernatural so that maybe enabled for toddlers we'll see)

-A train set that sits on the floor.

-A costume chest for toddlers (they change into the costumes themselves then toddle around in the costumes acting like dinosaurs or whatever they chose to be, so basically the one we already have that came with Generations for children, except toddlers use it)

-A little toddler swimming pool

-A chalkboard to draw on (like the easels that we can buy for our real children)

-A rattle (that parents play with the babies with)

-A stroller with a baby doll in it (That would be cute for children & toddlers to have)

-Sandbox that toddlers actually play in

Interactions:

-New info, I got a swingset & my toddler was allowed to climb up in it & have her mom or dad push her!

-Now that my baby grew into a toddler I've found out more & still discovering more. So the new thing I have found is the toddler can play Hide N Seek with her parents!

-Ability to change baby's clothes (or the fact they even have clothes, plus the have hats as well, AND BODIES! lol)

-While I have not seen them in my game myself, in the video of the toddler update it shows 2 toddlers playing "patty cake" together (clapping hands together) and also shows the parents bathing the toddlers, and toddlers playing with the rubber duckies.

My point is why do my Freeplay toddlers get to do way more than my Sims 3 babies. It seems it should be the other way around don't you think? The Ipod/Iphone/Ipad have slower processors, less memory, etc. So why should their toddlers get to do so many things?

Comments

• AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't play it. But it does make me wonder, why haven't these simple things been added? would be really cute. We need probably A stuff pack on babies and toddlers that brings those stuff in!

Edit: Do you have any pictures ? :P
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited August 2012
    ughhh i'm adding this to my toddler thread (link is my signature)

that ticks me off so much !!
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited August 2012
    Want! : D
  • mandababy2003mandababy2003 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Just playing the game again, and had to have my sim "entertain" the baby cause her fun need was down. I realized our Sims 3 sims can't even do that with babies! He was totally like making faces at her in her crib, and making silly sounds to entertain her, it was adorable. Why can't they add that to Sims 3?

The sims freeplay frustrates me on how it works on real time, so it literally takes 5mins to do something, but I am really loving the baby/toddler so much that I haven't even played my sims 3 game since getting this game. I always think, oh I want to go play the sims 3 now, but then its like whats the point lol. My sims 3 sims can't interact with their babies like these guys can.

Also some more items I noticed in the game is a tea table with a little doll sitting in one and one chair for the toddler to sit in. They gave us tea parties with stuffed animals in generations, why the heck did they not give us an actual little tea set and little table for kids to not only have tea parties with their stuffed animals, but also other kids, or drag mommy & daddy in to have a tea party?

Also Christine I went over and read about 20 pages of your thread, I love all the ideas and so wish that we could get even just a few of those items & interactions! I don't need them all (it would be awesome) but I don't want to be greedy! EA just give us more toddler & baby stuff seriously! Its not that hard!
    edited August 2012
    Pabz wrote:
    I don't play it. But it does make me wonder, why haven't these simple things been added? would be really cute. We need probably A stuff pack on babies and toddlers that brings those stuff in!

I just saw the edit, I can try to get some pictures of it and post, they might not be the greatest cause I play on my Ipod lol, but I will certainly try :)

Alright here's some pics taken with the in game camera on Ipod & of the Nursery store taken with my phone camera lol. Sorry if the quality isn't the best!

IMG_0036.jpg
    This is my baby girl sleeping <3

IMG_0035.jpg
    A front view of the chalkboard & side view of tea table

IMG_0034.jpg
    This is the toddler pool

IMG_0033.jpg
    The bookcase/corner with seats for the toddlers to go & read and color pictures, and the dollhouse & mobile (which really moves)

IMG_0032.jpg
    Tea table & rocking horse

IMG_0031.jpg
    My baby's room view (sorry I haven't given her wallpaper yet lol)

IMAG0449-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Teddy bear, blocks & chalkboard

IMAG0448-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Rocking horse, rattle & doll stroller

IMAG0447-1.jpg
    Nursery store: 3 different toddler pools & mobile that really moves

IMAG0446-1.jpg
    Nursery store: 3 of the bookcase/corners where toddlers can sit & read and color pictures, and a rug

IMAG0445-1.jpg
    Nursery store: The different train sets & a puppy toy

IMAG0444-1.jpg
    Nursery store: tea tables (they look much nicer than the cardboard one I bought lol, but I can't afford the nice ones)

IMAG0443-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Dollhouses

IMAG0442-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Baby cradles

IMAG0441-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Toddler beds

There you go :) Now wouldn't all these things be nice for our babies/toddlers in Sims 3? Plus the interactions (patty cake, costume & play pretend for toddlers, hugging a pet, taking baths! And the many others that Freeplay offers, but Sims 3 does not!)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2012
    Also Christine I went over and read about 20 pages of your thread, I love all the ideas and so wish that we could get even just a few of those items & interactions! I don't need them all (it would be awesome) but I don't want to be greedy! EA just give us more toddler & baby stuff seriously! Its not that hard!

thank you all the ideas are great and i agree if they can do it for an ipod game then htey certainly should do it for this pc game
    edited August 2012
    There you go I added pictures to my previous post.

Christine I agree if they can do for the Ipod they could do it for Sims 3, and it baffles me that they haven't yet! I am really hoping for stuff pack or expansion pack that is like baby/toddler focused. I cannot see an entire expansion being like that (We already have Generations) but maybe a stuff pack.

I wanted to add the update video from EA for the toddler update it shows them using the items & doing stuff, super cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1sXNG1gSH4
    edited August 2012
    Just playing the game again, and had to have my sim "entertain" the baby cause her fun need was down. I realized our Sims 3 sims can't even do that with babies! He was totally like making faces at her in her crib, and making silly sounds to entertain her, it was adorable. Why can't they add that to Sims 3?

The sims freeplay frustrates me on how it works on real time, so it literally takes 5mins to do something, but I am really loving the baby/toddler so much that I haven't even played my sims 3 game since getting this game. I always think, oh I want to go play the sims 3 now, but then its like whats the point lol. My sims 3 sims can't interact with their babies like these guys can.

Also some more items I noticed in the game is a tea table with a little doll sitting in one and one chair for the toddler to sit in. They gave us tea parties with stuffed animals in generations, why the heck did they not give us an actual little tea set and little table for kids to not only have tea parties with their stuffed animals, but also other kids, or drag mommy & daddy in to have a tea party?

I know! your right! All you can do is snuggle and play with which you have to repeat and repeat to get their social level up. I think they are being kind of lazy with babies and toddlers.

And thanks for trying to get them pictures and its okay just so i can see :)
    edited August 2012
    There you go I added pictures to my previous post.

Christine I agree if they can do for the Ipod they could do it for Sims 3, and it baffles me that they haven't yet! I am really hoping for stuff pack or expansion pack that is like baby/toddler focused. I cannot see an entire expansion being like that (We already have Generations) but maybe a stuff pack.

I wanted to add the update video from EA for the toddler update it shows them using the items & doing stuff, super cute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1sXNG1gSH4

yeah a stuff pack with all this stuff from your pictures would be great !
    edited August 2012
    Yes even if its just these items from this game they add, its really only a handful of things you know, but even one thing is better than none right? As much as I hate to say it even if they were premium objects from the store I'd buy them.. As long as they added them in some way!

Also I added a link to the EA video of the toddler update so you guys could see the toddlers (since I only have a baby right now) & see some of the objects in use.
    edited August 2012
    Yes even if its just these items from this game they add, its really only a handful of things you know, but even one thing is better than none right? As much as I hate to say it even if they were premium objects from the store I'd buy them.. As long as they added them in some way!

Also I added a link to the EA video of the toddler update so you guys could see the toddlers (since I only have a baby right now) & see some of the objects in use.

same here when the baby swing came out in the store i instantly bought it lol im not one to buy things from the store. i used to when EA would give those sim point cards away when you bought a game i think lasted up to like ambitions. i have my wishlist and have gotton gifted a few time but i think the store is so ridiculous

and the video is great
    edited August 2012
    If I ever get to grow my baby up I will post pics of her using all her fancy toys lol.

The game makes things so hard, and EXPENSIVE! Those items with the yellow numbers cost life points to buy (which is why my kid has the cheap stuff lol). You can earn lifepoints, but very slowly, or you can buy them with real money of course!

Then the costume chest I don't have because it cost $4.99 real money to purchase!

Its ridiculous.. Then in order to grow up a baby to a toddler it costs 10 lifepoints and takes 24hrs to bake a birthday cake. I only have 4 life points right now so I can't afford the cake. I very much would love to have her grown up though so I can see her play with her toys :) I can't wait!
    edited August 2012
    Pabz wrote:

I just saw the edit, I can try to get some pictures of it and post, they might not be the greatest cause I play on my Ipod lol, but I will certainly try :)

Alright here's some pics taken with the in game camera on Ipod & of the Nursery store taken with my phone camera lol. Sorry if the quality isn't the best!

IMG_0036.jpg
    This is my baby girl sleeping <3

IMG_0035.jpg
    A front view of the chalkboard & side view of tea table

IMG_0034.jpg
    This is the toddler pool

IMG_0033.jpg
    The bookcase/corner with seats for the toddlers to go & read and color pictures, and the dollhouse & mobile (which really moves)

IMG_0032.jpg
    Tea table & rocking horse

IMG_0031.jpg
    My baby's room view (sorry I haven't given her wallpaper yet lol)

IMAG0449-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Teddy bear, blocks & chalkboard

IMAG0448-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Rocking horse, rattle & doll stroller

IMAG0447-1.jpg
    Nursery store: 3 different toddler pools & mobile that really moves

IMAG0446-1.jpg
    Nursery store: 3 of the bookcase/corners where toddlers can sit & read and color pictures, and a rug

IMAG0445-1.jpg
    Nursery store: The different train sets & a puppy toy

IMAG0444-1.jpg
    Nursery store: tea tables (they look much nicer than the cardboard one I bought lol, but I can't afford the nice ones)

IMAG0443-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Dollhouses

IMAG0442-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Baby cradles

IMAG0441-1.jpg
    Nursery store: Toddler beds

There you go :) Now wouldn't all these things be nice for our babies/toddlers in Sims 3? Plus the interactions (patty cake, costume & play pretend for toddlers, hugging a pet, taking baths! And the many others that Freeplay offers, but Sims 3 does not!)

How cute! Yes it would look great. Why are they being lazy although if they are going to add this i geuss it will have to be a stuff pack but you can still add them stuff they aren't even so advanced its a app. Toddlers have hardly got anything gosh. COME EA you have done it for a app why not for a PC game!

The toddler beds, racing car and tea party tables are my favorite in the pics LOL
    edited August 2012
    I love all the objects! The toddler beds are pretty awesome though, especially considering that they can crawl in & out of the beds by themselves.
    edited August 2012
    LOl that is a cool interaction! Shame toddler bed weren't added in the base game. :lol:
    edited August 2012
    I agree! It upsets me how they neglected the babies and toddlers so much!

I have some good news (well good to me lol) I finally finished construction on my firestation, and completed the challenge I've been stuck on for days, and since I had done alot in that time waiting I plowed through the next like 6 challenges cause they were already complete, which ended me with 41 lifepoints right now (more to come when dad is done gardening & can change baby's diaper for next challenge).

Which means I can afford a birthday cake & grow my baby into a toddler. However I believe I will get a free cake, because I believe one of the challenges is to grow the baby up & they give you a free cake to do that. :) So yay, sometime today or tomorrow (depending on if I have to bake the cake or not) I should have a toddler to enjoy all those toys.
    edited August 2012
    So now I've even more upset lol! My baby grew into a toddler, and even before she grew up the baby could click the parent and say to do whatever she needed (diaper change, feeding, etc.) So when she grew up her needs were 1/2 full, so I clicked mom and guess what other option popped up besides her needs?

PLAY HIDE N GO SEEK!

Our children in Sims 3 can't even do that, much less toddlers! Also as soon as she grew up, she toddled over to the livingroom chair & climbed up in it.. Why can't our toddlers in Sims 3 do that once they learn to walk?

More to come once I explore the toddler world some more, especially if I find anything else that we don't have for Sims 3, that we should have!

*edit* Playing with the teaset is adorable! She picks up the tea pot & fills her cup & her stuffed animals cup, then takes her cup & shoves it in the stuffed animals face, then takes a drink and laughs.. Super cute! We need this for our Sims 3 toddlers & kids!
  • tbluetblue Posts: 474 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't know if anyone else plays The Sims Freeplay for the Ipod/Iphone/Ipad, but I started playing it a few weeks ago & just got my first baby. They updated the game to be able to support toddlers as well. Its really cute, but while I'm playing it, I'm just thinking to myself why did they not give these items/interactions to our Sims 3 toddlers? I mean come on the Ipod/Iphone/Ipad is far inferior to a real computer, so its not like be able to support the content is out of the question, and the graphics are about as good as sims 1 graphics were, yet they all still look pretty decent. I wouldn't even mind if they looked that way in Sims 3, as long as they had them!

Here's some examples:

Items:

-Toddler beds (Race car, castle, normal) Where the toddlers actually climb into bed themselves

-A pile of blocks on the floor that they play with & build up

-A rocking horse (which I've seen screenshots of one of these in Supernatural so that maybe enabled for toddlers we'll see)

-A train set that sits on the floor.

-A costume chest for toddlers (they change into the costumes themselves then toddle around in the costumes acting like dinosaurs or whatever they chose to be, so basically the one we already have that came with Generations for children, except toddlers use it)

-A little toddler swimming pool

-A chalkboard to draw on (like the easels that we can buy for our real children)

-A rattle (that parents play with the babies with)

-A stroller with a baby doll in it (That would be cute for children & toddlers to have)

-Sandbox that toddlers actually play in

Interactions:

-Now that my baby grew into a toddler I've found out more & still discovering more. So the new thing I have found is the toddler can play Hide N Seek with her parents!

-Ability to change baby's clothes (or the fact they even have clothes, plus the have hats as well, AND BODIES! lol)

-While I have not seen them in my game myself, in the video of the toddler update it shows 2 toddlers playing "patty cake" together (clapping hands together) and also shows the parents bathing the toddlers, and toddlers playing with the rubber duckies.

My point is why do my Freeplay toddlers get to do way more than my Sims 3 babies. It seems it should be the other way around don't you think? The Ipod/Iphone/Ipad have slower processors, less memory, etc. So why should their toddlers get to do so many things?

i just started playing where did you find the toddler stuff. i can't find it
  • tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I want all if that stuff so much I can taste it lol.
  • funnycat11funnycat11 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I wish they put stuff like that in Generations. I still feel like EA neglected babies and toddlers in Generations.

I watched the live chat for Lucky Palms, and one of the Gurus said, "I hate the baby stage."
    edited August 2012
    tblue wrote:

i just started playing where did you find the toddler stuff. i can't find it

Its in the buy catalog under Nursery. Or you can build a Nursery store where you get the same items just for cheaper. Make sure you have the latest updates & stuff because that was a later added feature I believe.

I feel the same way, they totally neglected the babies, and the toddlers are barely doing any better than them. Might as well not even have those life stages at all if you ask me. I myself usually do not touch the babies until it's time to grow them up. If their needs get low I just max their motives. They sit in their cribs for 2-3 days.
  • jeanamariex3jeanamariex3 Posts: 1,274
    edited August 2012
    This sounds like TS2 toddlers when they had so much to do/play with! They could ask for things and sneak out of there crib! Why EA? Why? Why are they so neglected now? I'm done with the babies and toddlers in TS3 because of it.
    edited August 2012
    Its even better than The Sims 2 toddlers even, which is why it's so frustrating lol. This is an app for heaven's sake! Why do they get to do so much more than any toddlers ever have before lol, even babies get more! Ability to change their clothes, give them hats, and play with them with rattles. I absolutely adore my toddler on The sims freeplay, and I wish it like that for The sims 3!
  • DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    edited August 2012
    This is just frustrating to say the least. After first reading that Seasons will have no new toddler interactions, and then reading this, it just DISGUSTS me that the Sims 3 team has been so remiss in giving the toddlers anything to do.
    "Generations" is an example of a squandered potential, a colossal misspending of resources. These things and many more besides should have been put in that pack to give toddlers more depth. And ever since that EP, all other EPs have been focused almost stricly on YA and Adults, to the neglect of all other ages.
    Hell, even cats and dogs have more to do than our toddlers, and that is a sad, sad state of affairs.
    Sims 3 is winding down, the nails already lined up to help seal its coffin. EA, you have a very, very narrow window in which to make this right. These ideas would go a long, long way in doing that.

Oh, and for a Guru to say they hate the baby stage is just dumb. YOU IDIOTS ARE THE ONES WHO MADE THE BABY STAGE SO BORING IN THE FIRST PLACE. DON'T LIKE IT? THEN FIX IT! We've only been asking for it for the last several months now, for bleep's sake.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2012
    WOW, that is alot. I downloaded it and never played it. I'll have to check it out.

Wonder why they do have all of that and we don't for TS3...hmmmm I think it could be something like....programming on that format's easier?

SOMEONE's got some 'splainin' to do!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport