Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the sims 2 better than sims 3? what's your opinion?

Comments

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I prefer the Sims 2 since I played that one the most. I love Sims 3 aswell, but the lag is what puts me off. There's something about Sims 2 that makes me come back to it. The charm, the detail and the gameplay was amazing. I could play for hours and hours and still not get bored. With Sims 3 I had that aswell until more EP's started coming and my pc couldn't handle the game anymore even though it was new. I got annoyed and gave up and went back to Sims 2. I still have it on my pc when I feel like playing it.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited July 2016
    I just went back to play Sims 2 ultimate again after making the changes to play with my 4G NVidia card and higher resolution and wished I had been able to play with this configuration from day 1. Unfortunately I didn't have the cash at the time.

I found it great fun for a time with the adult Veronaville Montagues and Capulets having several huge dustups in a restaurant and a big bad witch arriving at the scene on her broomstick with her black cat. The only drawback was the complete apathy of the youngadult son in backing up his father. Something lacking there but much more variety in available actions. If Sims 4 had this much content and terrain control and its' better multitasking and emotional relationships it would be far superior to both.

I enjoy Sims 3 more than Sims2 but am continually enraged by the launcher and store inaccuracies. Terrain control is thing I like most as I always liked building high castles and deep lakes.

• Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I think The Sims 2 is better than The Sims 3. In my opinion, The Sims 2 will be the best Sims game forever
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • FishOutOfSeaFishOutOfSea Posts: 60 Member
    I definitely miss some of the game aspects with Sims 2, but Sims 3 has way better graphics.
  • LizMarie1085LizMarie1085 Posts: 436 Member
    the sims 2! still playing it to this day, there's just something about it. i absolutely hated and still hate the way sims look in the sims 3!
  • Munchkin1224Munchkin1224 Posts: 86 Member
    The sims 2 is definitely better than the sims 3 in my opinion. But, TS3 had better expansion packs than TS2. For example: Supernatural, Island Paradise, Into the Future and World Adventures. Hands down I love TS2 and I will love it forever and ever :)
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I don't have a favorite. I play whatever I am in the mood for. I think they both have their pros and cons but no I don't believe either one is better than the other.
  • mollee_96mollee_96 Posts: 14 New Member
    Even though I really love all the sims games, I would have to say they really are all unique in their own way. So, I don't think one is better over the other, it just depends on what i'm in the mood for.
  • JotaPDF20JotaPDF20 Posts: 1 New Member
    I started to play Sims 1 back in 2010 and it made me fall in love for the series. A bit late, maybe, but I would always read about Sims 2 and Sims 3 on the internet and I was sure I'd love both. After all, I did.

However, I prefer The Sims 3 for many reasons. The trait system is much more realistic to define someone's personality and it was thrilling to explore how different Sims with different traits would interact. The open world introduced lively neighborhoods, in which you can visit the guy next door without hitting a load screen. If you feel like wearing a wooden dress, you can, because Create-a-Style features endless customization. While you meet your friends at the beach with your stylish wooden dress, your spouse may be cheating on you near a waterfall. Meanwhile, your kids are playing videogames at their friend's home. The Sims 3 was able to get me away from The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, even though I only had the base game. I never liked rotational gameplay, not at all, so the story progression was a pleasing surprise to me, letting myself focus on a single family while everyone else is minding their own business. It was beautiful to simply see Sims hanging around, jogging and living their lives. As much as Sims were more human in Sims 2, I always felt to be living in a ghost town because everything around is absolutely quiet. The base game doesn't even show the lots around, just an empty, creepy desert.

Well, that's it. The Sims 3, definitely.
  • magemysticmagemystic Posts: 1 New Member
    well, The Sims 3's graphics may be better, but personally, I think The Sims 2 has a lot more to do than The Sims 3. there seems to be a lot more careers, and also the edition of hobbies made the game super fun for me.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    The Sims 2 is a lot better to me. I love the backstory of the premades. All the stories were so mysterious. I LOVE the memory system and the wants and fear system. I miss both of them a lot. Sims 2 also works a lot better on most computers. Furthermore, I play rotationally and Sims 3 destroyed that with the story progression. Only thing I hate about Sims 2 is that the Sims are ugly and all look the same. Give me Sims 2 and the CAS and look of Sims 4 and I would be set for life!
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2016
    I believe both games are great. But they are very different, so they usually appeal to different people. Those who prefer to play with different families, focus on family life, running businesses etc. will prefer TS2. I think TS2 provides a more "traditional" simming experience (playing with family, friends and work).

Those who prefer to focus on one family, and want to have loads of different activities to do will prefer Ts3. There are just so many things for your sims to do in their free time! (Scuba diving, boats, showtime etc.). And of course, there is the open world (I never cared much for it but it's a deal breaker for many)

Each game has its strong and its weak points. When I play Ts3 I miss real businesses and restaurants. When I play Ts2 I miss professions and some of the activities sims can enjoy in TS3. Overall, I prefer TS2 because it caters to my gameplay more, but I understand that some other people will prefer TS3 too
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I love necro'ed threads, it's always interesting to see what people said so long ago.
    Anyway, the chaos and gritty awesomeness of TS2 will live on forever in my heart.

The one thing it didn't have, though, that TS3 did give me in spades, was an impressive list of supernatural sims and full creative rights on world creation. If I was writing a story, I'd choose TS3, if I was playing to play the game, for my own amusement, and to experience a simulated family, TS2.

You shouldn't uninstall either, they're both a lot of fun for different reasons.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    It depends on your preference. Two wins for me. There's just this spécial magic the Sims 2 has. But there are things one has, that the other doesn't. So again, up to you. :smile:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    It's all just personal opinion but I say yes for a couple reasons: It runs better, less lag/glitches. I love the pre-mades and their stories, and I can have a ton of CC and the game doesn't mind (unlike TS3). However I love TS3 as well! I love them both for different reasons. Yes I started on TS2 and will always say that's my favorite but TS3 is truly a close a second for me, despite it's problems! It's just so fun and in-depth with so many details! TS2 and TS3...they both have my heart.
  • WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    It all depends on my mood. I started with the Sims as a kid, and it was a great game for the time. The Sims 2 was pretty much a dream come true for me when it came out, and I recently started playing it again-- still fun and addicting! I was pretty against the Sims 3 and it's open world, but once I played it for a while I really liked it. Ive now played it for years and absolutely love it too. Although I agree some of the magic and personality was lost. It is less quirky than the previous generations, and Sims 4 seems even less so.

I admit part of it is nostalgia. The Sims was as much a part of my childhood as family dinners and Harry Potter, so ts1 and ts2 will always be special to me, even though ts3 is terribly fun too.
  • GrilledFamilyGrilledFamily Posts: 34 Member
    Totally. I've been waiting for a sims game better than sims 2 so long...
  • LotjemulderrrLotjemulderrr Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi Guys, for weeks i'm searching the internet off to look for a way downloading the sims 1 or 2 on my macbook. I tried several versions downloaded from the internet which were great, untill I started the game and my macbook said that I had the wrong software. My macbook is running on EL capitain. So someone please help me and tell me there's a way to download one of these games on my macbook with this software because the sims 1 and 2 may have bad graphics.. But the options and activities you can do on this game are so so much more fun then those on the sims 4 and 3, it's like they're building the game off more than on.. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • That_Fat_CatThat_Fat_Cat Posts: 85 Member
    The sims in it don't look that good, but the furniture is all pretty much the same. It's much easier to run than 3. It has more to do than 3. In my opinion the Sims 2 is better.
  • SimsMastergirlSimsMastergirl Posts: 179 Member
    Honestly I have a love for both. There's just something about the way Sims 2 feels... kind of a nostalgic feeling... I have the collector's edition they released for free a few summers ago and I loved it since I hadn't played in years however it lacks what I love about The Sims 3... the open world is something I know I yearned for when I played Sims 2. The story progression was key for me with the sims 3. Plus the customization and stuff is just awesome. Really it just boils down to everyone's singular interests but I say i'd have to go for TS3 over TS2. Cheats and mods and all the game offers without it are to me better in TS3. But oh well.
    tumblr_mrvfonTRwm1rp3b5eo1_500.gif
  • Romeo9Romeo9 Posts: 38 Member
    Me personally I'm a huge Sims 2 fan and absolutely hated the third game.
  • RadBagelRadBagel Posts: 5 New Member
    The Sims 2.
    The Sims 3 gets boring very fast, and the lag is a huge turn off.
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    I play S1, S2 and S3, but my favorite and the one I play the most is Sims2. I just prefer the attention to detail, and interactions between sims in 2. :)
  • Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    I really like playing S2. It´s things lacking in S3 that I miss from Sims2, apartment, owning your own store, making your own worlds. BUT S3 is in fact my total favourite. Open world, makes you´re Sims feel free. Also the ways to move around in the world, bicycling, subway etc. Yes and making your own patterns and colouring your clothes, wallpaper furniture etc. All this makes you`re Sims feel more unique.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2016
    The sims 2 is better than the sims 3 for social interactions which are very detailled and realistic, and for almost everything inside and I love decorating.
    The sims 3 is better for the open world and the variety of the gameplays and for all the activity your have to do.I mean if you game crashes or if you suddently close your game without saving,the event of the day you play again is totally different.Different stories you can play.

So I can't really reply to you answer no matter the issues I got , both games are excellent to me .This is the question that costs a million of simoleons.
    None of them are really boring in fact.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)