Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it really that weird??

I'm just wondering if it's weird to make your simself marry your crush. My friends think its weird that I make my simself marry crush but it's not like i'm showing my crush. My crush won't know about it at all. I keep it a secret. It it really that weird and bad? :(
My friends play the sims to.

Comments

• Options
    theprincess3theprincess3 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't think it is at all! :)

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    Gatorade3Gatorade3 Posts: 4,093 Member
    edited July 2012
    Its not weird until you have children with them. And kiss them a lot... And sleep with them, exchange rings with them... Actually, that is really creepy. I wouldn't even make me and my girlfriend (if I had one) in there. Its super awkward.
  • Options
    theprincess3theprincess3 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Gatorade3 wrote:
    Its not weird until you have children with them. And kiss them a lot... And sleep with them, exchange rings with them... Actually, that is really creepy. I wouldn't even make me and my girlfriend (if I had one) in there. Its super awkward.

Well The Sims is a fantasy life but it IS weird when you woohoo and stuff with them.. :shock:
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't think it's weird at all.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    2oo922oo92 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited July 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    It's only weird if you think it's a reflection of true life ;)

I agree with this.

I can't play my simself though, I've tried I just find it awkward.
  • Options
    SnowieWolfSnowieWolf Posts: 198 New Member
    edited July 2012
    It's weird, but who cares? It's still fun xD
  • Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Gatorade3 wrote:

Well The Sims is a fantasy life but it IS weird when you woohoo and stuff with them.. :shock:

I wouldn't make them woohoo together. That is awkward and pushing it a little far. I don't want to be a total creep!
  • Options
    JewelsRuleJewelsRule Posts: 2,229 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Not really. I can't say I've ever done it, but I've heard of a lot of other people doing it.
  • Options
    SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    edited July 2012
    It's only weird once you can no longer tell what is real and what isn't. :mrgreen: Until then you're fine!
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited July 2012
    pr0x1ma wrote:
    I don't think it's weird at all.
    I don't either! I made my simself once and made her my dream-husband and they had 2 boys and 2 girls together and had 2 amazing dogs and my amazing cat that I have now. 8)
    44444.gif
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't think it's weird either. I do whatever I want in my game because...well, it's my game and I can do whatever I want :wink:
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't think it's weird at all, although I personally wouldn't do it. Sims is fantasy. Play however you want. :)
  • Options
    kwizardkwizard Posts: 816 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Nah, it's not weird.
  • Options
    Dark_Tig3rDark_Tig3r Posts: 549 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't find it that weird.
    that's the whole point of the sims. To play your fantasy life. Whether it's to make your sim self live out a dream life with your crush or have your dream job or live in your dream home. It's your game.
    I'm only living the life to which I've grown accustomed.
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited July 2012
    sweetie i've made my simself on several occasions and had her start families with celebrities or fictional characters from movies (i know, how sad is that?) but either way its not real and as long as you realize that at the end of the day i think you'll be weird-free. :)
  • Options
    abigfan819abigfan819 Posts: 862 New Member
    edited July 2012
    ok thanks everyone! :)
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited July 2012
    In a game where people spin into their clothes, where a bowl of cereal satisfies you for the rest of the day, where vampires and robots walk around and just have normal conversations with people, and where you can make thousands of dollars just walking into a building and tuning out for five minutes, marrying your Simself to your crush is probably the least weird thing.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2012
    Not weird at all. Almost everyone who plays makes a "simself" at least once. I also think that there are a lot of people out there who create their crush or even just their ideal mate to pair off with their simself. The game is all about fantasy and all about doing what you want. I actually think that playing the Sims and fulfilling your wishes (such as being rich, building your dream home, being famous, or having your crush fall in love with you), is pretty normal. Your friends who tease you have probably all done something similar, even if it's just recreating actors that they like and making them fall in love with their sims.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    caseynicole_23caseynicole_23 Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't think it's weird at all. I made my Simself and my boyfriend in game. :D
  • Options
    Jamesmc2012Jamesmc2012 Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I mean, yeah, it's a bit odd. Hell, it's a tad bit on the creepy side, but we all do incredibly weird and creepy things every day. Facebook creeping, celebrity stalking, stray thoughts that you shouldn't have. It's only creepy to us, however, if it's confirmed by others to be so. In other words, keep it to yourself and I'm sure you won't have a problem with it :P Who cares what your friends think? It's a single player game. ;)
  • Options
    sashunya10sashunya10 Posts: 5,429 New Member
    edited July 2012
    It feels weird to do things with my simself- but that's just me and my strange brain.
  • Options
    PlaceboBettyPlaceboBetty Posts: 7 New Member
    That's totally normal. I think every simmer has done that at least once, and if not, I still think it's okay. Have at it.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I have never made a sim as myself. It creeps me out personally. But that is just me.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Closing thread. Please don't necro threads:
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top