Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

███ ADDENBROOKE, NEW BETA READY + lots of pics pg31

ShangriiShangrii Posts: 281 New Member
screenshot11nz.jpg

screenshot16fry.jpg

150 years ago, a meteor struck Addenbrooke turning a small sleepy town into a bustling city almost overnight. Tradition has been replaced with technology, and only a few rocks seem to remain of the sacred place Addenbroke used to be.

Although seen as a freak accident, ancestors of the original townsfolk, and adventurous newcomers believe a stranger truth; that it was not a meteor at all, but an invasion. There have always been crop circles and other weird occurences in Addenbrooke, but that was all just rubbish... wasn't it?

THIRD BETA LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/?enjr9dsc37wurer

• This world requires ALL expansions but university!
• It also requires Awesims cornices, download here:
http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2010/12/10/miscellaneous-bits-for-the-sims-3/
• To get the lighting shown in the pictures, use this download:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=484971

Later versions will have their own custom weather!

Please enjoy!

screenshot44ug.jpg

screenshot32mb.jpg

screenshot31rj.jpg

screenshot30ga.jpg

screenshot29zw.jpg

screenshot28pr.jpg

screenshot35jd.jpg

screenshot37p.jpg

screenshot7fe.jpg

screenshot14un.jpg

screenshot13he.jpg

screenshot3nr.jpg

screenshot5dim.jpg

screenshot352t.jpg

screenshot36m.jpg

screenshot21ko.jpg

screenshot20zimvks.jpg

screenshot2ugg.jpg

screenshot3av.jpg

screenshot5ok.jpg

screenshot28pz.jpg

screenshot23ve.jpg

screenshot24xr.jpg

screenshot25cgr.jpg

screenshot26py.jpg

screenshot58z.jpg

screenshot20vqb.jpg

screenshot27q.jpg

screenshot34y.jpg

screenshot39x.jpg

screenshot41lm.jpg

screenshot51f.jpg

screenshot9zd.jpg

screenshot56l.jpg

screenshot52xc.jpg

screenshot522.jpg

screenshot54yj.jpg

screenshot2zp.jpg

screenshot31hk.jpg

screenshot30bah.jpg

screenshot54gs.jpg

screenshot32nu.jpg

screenshot43xv.jpg

screenshot51e.jpg

screenshot49tn.jpg

Bonus happy cat!
screenshot6om.jpg

Comments

• Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited July 2012
    It looks wonderful so far, I like what you've done on the terrain painting so far :D
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited July 2012
    LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!the open air market! :!:

I might not be able to stop myself from stealing that idea :P
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited July 2012
    I love your terrain paint, it's simply perfect :D And the lots are great, very creative!
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited July 2012
    Shangrii,

It looks excellent so far, I hope it doesn't use any CC.
  • BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
    edited July 2012
    This world looks amazing - I love the attention to detail, particularly the bars and the lots with the steps up to the raised entrances. Great job!! :thumbup:
  • DigstarDigstar Posts: 308 Member
    edited July 2012
    WOW :shock: Amazing job. The textures look magnificent, you've used them so well :thumbup:
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2012
    Amazing!
  • ShangriiShangrii Posts: 281 New Member
    edited July 2012
    @Sneak Thank you! I am always unsure whether the terrain painting is good, it's so hard to tell if things are too green or not xD

@auntielynds loool, it seems there shall be lots of markets in the future then. It's fun to do, although I was running out of ideas at the end!

@EuphorialQueen Thank you :3 It seems popular so far!

@Nilxis Thank you so much! I think terrain painting is my weakest bit so it's good that you like it! <3

@Damienf519 Thank you! It does have some CC. 3 files from awesims (cornices), 3 free sets from the store (Earth Day, Sims Celebrations paintings & the toyota prius set for the eco-friendly items). If you wanted the save file, you would also need to download 1 file of black eyes, as there will be aliens. I kept the CC list as low as possible, but I really need these things to tell the story. If the cornices in Supernatural are good enough I might not use the previous cornices though.

@BobbleBean Thank you! I love making my lots as unique as possible, I think I'll post some more interiors soon. Maybe on the next page though since this one is so large!

@Digstar Thank you! I spent ages finding the right textures and colours to make the world look right. I can never find good stone textures though :(

@smoogie Thank you! C:

edited July 2012
    Today I updated part of the countryside a bit, and started on the railway. This is the city station, and the last stop. It'll go all around the countryside.

adcountry.jpg

adrail.jpg

adrail2.jpg
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2012
    It looks amazing!!
    I really love the hills!! It's beautiful!

Great Job! :thumbup:
    edited July 2012
    Thank you! C:

Trying to fix up the routing now so I can play test a bit. :3
    edited July 2012
    More railway stuff, in the dodgier part of town.

adrail3.jpg

adrail4.jpg
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited July 2012
    Great work on the railways! :thumbup:
  • KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited July 2012
    Wow, this is an amazing looking world! Makes me want to scrap mine and start over. Even your unpainted/unfinished areas look great, lol!
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited July 2012
    Wow, you've inspired me to make a unique world. :shock: Looks great, keep it on! :D
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
    edited July 2012
    @Nilxis Thank you C: I've never tried making them before but it's super fun and adds some more depth to the world :3

@Kelleygirl Thank you!! Don't give up, the more you do the better you'll get and I'm sure you can do much better than me!

@Diamondkool Thank you!It's fun making more odd worlds, I think mine needs a few more quirks and magical things atm x3

___
    Just a small update, a bit of the lake & waterfall. I need to change the waterfall to have bits coming out of cracks of the stone.
    screenshot2qd.jpg
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2012
    LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!the open air market! :!:

I might not be able to stop myself from stealing that idea :P

Especially with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravans coming with Supernatural. :XD:

This World looks absolutely fantastic. I love it!! :D
  • Tccool987Tccool987 Posts: 265
    edited July 2012
    What a beautiful world! It looks like I could jump in there and live there in real life. It is absouloutley amazing. I would create a world but my game is acting up.
    edited July 2012
    @niac Ooh yes, I forgot about that! It's gonna be perfect :3
    Your creations are wonderful!

@tccool hank you! I'm trying to make it as life-y as possible with lots of fun details so people don't get bored with the world. It sucks that you can't create cause of your game, maybe you could make some houses or sims ii game, or collaborate with someone instead o3o
    ______

Made a house that goes next to the train, it's meant to be a converted train shed/ old train drivers home.
    screenshot31uv.jpg

screenshot32m.jpg

screenshot33av.jpg

screenshot34qe.jpg

I need to change the area surrounding it, and the front looks too neat compared to the rest of it, as well as make it flow better from city to country.

screenshot35c.jpg
    Updated the waterfall so it looks more natural, I really like this shot. I'm going to add a house or two there now. o3o

screenshot15k.jpg
    This area needs something to make it a bit more interesting, but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe more forest xD
  • bogglemanboggleman Posts: 668 Member
    edited July 2012
    VERY NICE! bookmarked! :D
    edited July 2012
    Thank you! ((((:

I took some more pics of the market since people seemed to like it x3

screenshot27rn.jpg

screenshot18vr.jpg

screenshot23mk.jpg

screenshot20i.jpg

screenshot24p.jpg

screenshot22zc.jpg

screenshot19q.jpg

screenshot21o.jpg

screenshot29kh.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Starting to try and add a little bit of magic to the area, since I've always wanted it to have a magical history and feel in places, but ahvent' really done much of that. Starting off with some terrain painting, I might make it less subtle, although atm I quite like how it's not too obvious.
    From far away you can't tell much.
    magix2.jpg

Close up you can see that something is different about this area o3o
    magic1z.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to make supercaw work, and add some Brave-esque effects float around the rocks.
  • Tccool987Tccool987 Posts: 265
    edited July 2012
    Looks beautiful already. I would love to see it finished. But how many lots do you think it will have? My game can only run up to about 100-150 lots. I am soo downloading it! :mrgreen:
    edited July 2012
    At the moment it has 99 lots, I think it'll get to 120-130, cause I need some countryside areas. The densely populated stuff is done now, and all of the suburbs is laid out x3

I've been messing around with using animations as spirit-lights to show magical areas. I really like the colour of these, but they aren't very bright. I might try out some of the different colours that are brighter. There are also a couple of fairy-like orbs of white floating around, but they look a bit too obvious atm.
    screenshot19xz.jpg

screenshot9ok.jpg

screenshot8fg.jpg

screenshot18ve.jpg

screenshot16el.jpg

screenshot15sq.jpg
    ^ a good example of the new terrain paint to make things seem more magical. There's going to be a hidden tomb there and some ruins with toadstools and fairy things. I've only just vaguely done it atm though.

Random pretty:
    screenshot22i.jpg