Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bear Creek Lodge ... It Ain't Modern

BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
Bear Creek Lodge

bcl12.jpg

smilie_girl_027.gif

You can find Victorians in small to mid-sized towns, and trendy Moderns just about anywhere somebody has the money to build. Still, when you need a place to get away from the hustle and bustle or just a nice escape to the woods, places like Bear Creek Lodge have a lot to offer. You won't find a lot of modern art hanging in the halls, and brick or wood replaces tile and plastic everywhere. Dang ... You open the door, and you can smell the cedar, oiled leather and books that have set idle for too long.

bcl3.jpg

If that hasn't lit a fire under ya … roughing it doesn't mean I won't invite you in for a few drinks on the back porch. You can watch the deer and raccoons that moved in about the same time I did. I might not have your favorite hits in the jukebox, but something will be playing and isn't that bad to share some bar-b-que and watch the stars go by.

Enjoy the slow life … watch the grass grow.

bcl5.jpg

If all that excitement, and bobbing for apples in the hot tub just wears you out, then I don't mind if you spend the night. I have to warn you though, if the phone rings I ain't picking it up … so you might get into hot water with your honey. Even though I don't have all the modern amenities, it's comfortable and I guarantee a good night's sleep.

Just made the beds in the guest rooms.

bcl4.jpg

bcl6.jpg

Get out of town and come on by. There is plenty of food and not a lot of work to do. There is also one heck of a fishing hole right down the road. If you plan on coming by, just stop in when you can. If you try and call me ahead of time, remember that I don't answer the phone. Bring an Etch-A-Sketch and we can waste a day trying to draw the Eiffel Tower on it.

VISDODEN.gif

I will leave the lights on for ya though.

bcl22.jpg

BlackSand

pirateshipsmilies.gif
I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA

Comments

• Options
    franklear1980franklear1980 Posts: 972 Member
    edited June 2012
    Wow. I love this house. Is it available for download? I did not see a link here. I would be most definitely reccing this place. I like the little emoticons too. Way too funny :D
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited June 2012
    Definitely would rec this! Very warm wood tones. :] Great job!
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited June 2012
    Okay … Thanks for the support folks.
    At least the deer like the place, and I find raccoons hanging around a lot too.

bcl7.jpg

Well the story on my link delays starts off with the testing crew. It is true I have been building and remodeling a lot lately, and this of course keeps them busy. It is okay enough to run around upgrading everything in a house, but you also need to just let the Sim's loose for a while in a house to get a proper test. They have better ways of finding issues with objects and pathways than you do most of the time.

bcl8.jpg

I had to get onto my primary testing crew, because they were checking out the hot tub over and over again for hours at a time, and not good for much else. Needless to say, I gave them a vacation in China, and brought on a new crew with one senior member and a rookie.

The other thing I was waiting for was a Grand Piano for the Living Room. I don't use mods, cheats or custom content, so that meant I had to play for a while until I got one through traditional methods.

bcl9.jpg

Anyway … The link is available now.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5976207

Have A Nice Day and Happy Simming!

BlackSand

BALOPGOOIEN-2.gif
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA