Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Store Content Won't Stay Installed!

I've been having a lot of problems with custom content lately, so I've decided not to download any more of that. It doesn't show up in the game at all, none of it, even though it says it's installed. However, when I try to uninstall it, everything comes up with Error: package could not be found, or something along those lines.

So then I thought, okay, well, it'll just stay there but it won't interfere with my game. Then I went and downloaded some new stuff from the Sims 3 store, installed that, and it still won't show up in the game! Now whenever I open my launcher nothing shows up at all, I download one thing, and all of the sudden it's all there. I install it and it unistalls as soon as I start playing or I close the launcher.

This is really ticking me off because I actually paid for some of this stuff, like Hidden Springs, and I can't play it. Does anybody know how to fix it?
Siggy_zpsvy6uc9hh.gif

Comments

• urbanvirgourbanvirgo Posts: 9
    edited June 2012
    i have the same problom but i dont even have an cc/mods so that cant be whats doing ..i have no idea how to fix it and no one wants to help me either ;_;
  • wickedlady1969wickedlady1969 Posts: 648 Member
    edited June 2012
    My game kept crashing so I did a total uninstall and reinstalled everything. I don't use mods only store brought content, I installed everything back into my game and the installer said success after every item went through, but when I went back into my game absolutely nothing had installed. And I have just tried reinstalling everything again and once more it claims to have installed, but upon checking everything is still missing from my game. I have spent a hell of a lot of money at the store and if I can't use the items I have purchased, I am going to be really hacked off :evil: Is there anyone with any suggestions? Even installing items one at a time isn't working :?:
  • NassTNassT Posts: 435 Member
    edited June 2012
    Does it sound like the issues in these threads?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/312034.page

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/536743.page

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/534780.page

If you do a Google search for "missing content" or related keywords, you'll find a huge number of threads about this bug on both this forum and others. There are many solutions in the various threads and hopefully one will work for you. Unfortunately, none of them seem to work for me. I'm getting really fed up, as over half the items I've purchased from the store with my hard-earned money, including new worlds, are gone, and most of the custom content I've downloaded has also disappeared. It has gotten to the point where I seldom play anymore, and I don't think I'll be buying any more of the expansions until EA fixes this problem that many seem to be having.

• DraconitasDraconitas Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    This is happening to me too. I've spent days trying to fix it with all the suggestions around the internet, and nothing is working. Stuff I paid for won't stay installed.
  • jnp544600jnp544600 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    I've been having this problem for almost a week now. I bought the game Dragon Valley and I put the game in. It said that i need to go to thesims3.com and put the redeem code in there. So I did and went to my launcher. Then i click install and waited for it to finish installing. When it finished I was so excited. Then I went to the game and saw that riverview was gone and that Dragon valley wasn't there. I was so mad!!!! I wanted to play that game so badly. Then, I decide to go to the sims 3 store and download some things. They didn't download either. I've been trying to do this since I got the sims 3 dragon valley. I'm so ANNOYED!!!! Can someone pleas help!!!! :(:(:(