Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 not working after latest update

Okay so I always back up my files before I update the game, and I hate to update the game because EA always manages to screw up my games, anyway I just updated the games a few minutes ago, and anytime when I go to play it gets to the loading screen, then it says the sims has stopped working and it has done this for the last few times now.....someone please help me otherwise im gonna go on a rampage and attack people with plastic spoons :shock:

Comments

• CrAzYBallErINA7CrAzYBallErINA7 Posts: 177
    edited May 2012
    Bump
  • addieblueaddieblue Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    me too... :(
  • Kazul9923Kazul9923 Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2012
    I've been having a similar problem and based on the posts on this board I know we're not the only ones. Does anyone know if there's a way to uninstall the latest update while keeping the old ones and the files in-tact?
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi,

As a test, you can try removing your player data files before relaunching the game. To do so, navigate to the following location:

Documents/Electronic Arts

Now move (not copy) the folder named The Sims 3 to your desktop. Attempt to run the game.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • SIMTastic3309SIMTastic3309 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I tried taking the Sims 3 folder out and I put it on my desktop. The game worked. But as soon as I put my Mods folder back in, the game didn't work. Help?
  • bluebird137bluebird137 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited July 2012
    i vcan not get it to download
  • MissKatie180MissKatie180 Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    I've been having the same issue, I've cleared the cache's, deleted any big Kb files and have tried to uninstall the content but it keeps poping back up again saying the Sims 3 has stopped working.
  • SIMTastic3309SIMTastic3309 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I got it to work. I just redownloaded all of my mods.
  • CrAzYBallErINA7CrAzYBallErINA7 Posts: 177
    edited September 2012
    I had to redownload all my mods too.... which is too much work for everytime with the latest update is screws my game up -_-
  • toriialynntoriialynn Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Mine is doing the same thing, it will let me play for a while, and then i'll get a black screen and then it says "the sims 3 has stopped working". So i have to save my game like every ten minutes, just in case. :(
  • daphneym516daphneym516 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    did anyone find a away to get their sims game to start working on their mac? I have 10.7.5 version and my sims 3 isnt working. I have reinstalled it twice and an error pops up when i click on the icon to play the game :(:(:(:(:(
  • DlparsonDlparson Posts: 38
    edited November 2012
    I to was having a problem took out my mod's folder went to play still shut down so I put my mods back in since i didn't have the problem before after updating them all..........remember this everytime they have an update for the game and you go install new mods can do this now if still having the problem to go into your doc and open up DCCache delete everything in there run the game it put's them back but at least the game will play again :P
  • LiveLifeAndRockLiveLifeAndRock Posts: 57
    edited November 2012
    How do you re-install mods
  • Lanell13Lanell13 Posts: 22
    edited December 2012
    Make sure next time if you have any cc or mods take them out and put them in a folder on you desktop so next time you update it won't crash. That used to happen to me until I learned that you HAVE to remove them in order for the update to go right. Oh and if all else fails you have to re-install your games, for me it didn't take long but go to this website for more information: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall
  • LuckySimmerLuckySimmer Posts: 45 New Member
    edited December 2012
    okay so i'm having the same problem stops working goes to a black screen blah blah the details of the issue are on my forum here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/627718.page#9997585 if that will help anything,so wat do i need to do, technology kinda rebels me so can someone give me a step by step instructions on how to fix it and what to do on updates?
  • StarryNight101StarryNight101 Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    My problem is not quite the same.

I downloaded the base game and expansion packs Late Night, Generations, Pets, High-End Loft Stuff and Master Suite stuff off Origin.

When I ran the game, only the base game worked. If I clicked on, say, Late Night to run the game, the base game ran instead. Somebody said updating it would solve the problem.

So I updated it.

When the update was done, the game was unplayable. There was a log error or something, so the game didn't even start.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • kasmslokasmslo Posts: 17 New Member
    edited February 2013
    My problem is not quite the same.

I downloaded the base game and expansion packs Late Night, Generations, Pets, High-End Loft Stuff and Master Suite stuff off Origin.

When I ran the game, only the base game worked. If I clicked on, say, Late Night to run the game, the base game ran instead. Somebody said updating it would solve the problem.

So I updated it.

When the update was done, the game was unplayable. There was a log error or something, so the game didn't even start.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm having the same exact problem. Only difference is the update wasn't working, but I am downloading it now. I'll have to see after it downloads if my game will be playable or not. Lets hope for the best... and yeah... anyone: HELP!
  • thewhoopingblobthewhoopingblob Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    My game won't even play. It will begin loading, but it will be extremely slow, and about a quarter of the way through i will get a message saying that the Sims 3 has stopped working. I have tried to move the Sims 3 folder to the desktop, redownloading mods, etc.

Are there other ways to try and make it work? I'm on the verge on uninstalling Seasons, since it's so buggy.
  • StephknowsbestStephknowsbest Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Sometimes it works if you take the disc out, then in again. It doesn't always work tho. I have the same problem and it sucks
  • leishasostrangeleishasostrange Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I had the same problem. I first backed up the game files/sims/lots and CC then uninstalled the base game, not the expansions or stuff packs. After that I reinstalled the base game and had to download the super-patch (all game patches for the sims3 put into one) and after all that hassle IT DIDN'T FREAKING WORK. I got this suggested to me. But then I tried something out of the blue, I deleted a few (literally like three) things out of my mods folder (which has hundreds of CC and Mods in it) and now it works perfectly fine! Try that :) (Not the top bit, just delete something from your Mods folder).

Good luck! :mrgreen: