Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

System Messages and Gifts Won't Show Up?!

It says on my game launcher that I have one message and got a gift - THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU to whoever sent it to me xx <3 - but on the webpage it says I have no messages and no gifts. I click on messages anyway but it has absolutely none. No system messages or anything. This has been happening for a while but now it's getting super annoying! If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this please help :)

Comments

• thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Try changing your language setting to English (USA). English (UK) doesn't work very well, and I'm not sure if other languages are glitched too. Wish you luck! :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2012
    Check your purchase history.
  • LittleDudeManLittleDudeMan Posts: 71
    edited May 2012
    thesimling wrote:
    Try changing your language setting to English (USA). English (UK) doesn't work very well, and I'm not sure if other languages are glitched too. Wish you luck! :)

How do I change the language?
    edited May 2012
    Do I change language on my computer or Sims 3 webpage? I'm in Australia btw.
    edited May 2012
    Bump
  • RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited May 2012
    Do I change language on my computer or Sims 3 webpage? I'm in Australia btw.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and there it says 'Select Language'. :)
    edited May 2012
    Thanks! I did that but I still can't read my messages. Any other ideas? :?
  • RawrGoesTheCatRawrGoesTheCat Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited May 2012

You could check 'Purchase History' under Store > My Account, although this doesn't let you see the message. You have the option to check your email that your account is registered with. The message should be there. :mrgreen:
  • nikkitinanikkitina Posts: 1,359 New Member
    edited May 2012
    This used to happen to me. There are two things you can do, check the purchase history, or you should get a notification in you email with a link. Hope this helps. :D
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited May 2012
    I have this problem too When the English UK site, I switch to the USA site and it usually fixes it.

Your email will notify you when you have been gifted. We can't do mućh about the system messages.
    Purchase history will tell you who gifted you the item. And email will show you who and the message attached.

(ea fix the site and actually fix it this time.)

Any weird misspelt items in this, blame apples auto correct.
    edited May 2012
    nikkitina wrote:
    This used to happen to me. There are two things you can do, check the purchase history, or you should get a notification in you email with a link. Hope this helps. :D

Thanks, I looked at my emails and BAM it was there. Thanks a lot.
  • nikkitinanikkitina Posts: 1,359 New Member
    edited May 2012
    :D
  • bnhfubnhfu Posts: 71 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Hi, I am having the same problem and I have checked my email and I haven't got an email...

Please Reply!!! :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2013
    bnhfu wrote:
    Hi, I am having the same problem and I have checked my email and I haven't got an email...

Please Reply!!! :)

did you check the email you sign in with?

if it isn't there you need to contact EA, one way to do that is to ask simguruRusskii in technical corner to help you (there is 2 sticky threads by her) have you disabled email notifications?
    the messeges on this site really doesn't work unless your settings is 100% US (that goes for most people it seems when you look in tech)

to see who send it you can as stated look in your purcages history.

good luck
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited April 2013
    The system messages and gift notifications have never worked for me on the site here (changing language has never solved that), but I always got the notifications via email, so I was fine with it. Now some of those are missing as well. :? I posted about it in the technical forum, and it looks like there are several people who are missing those emails, starting recently. I'd suggest everyone who has the same problem to post there as well, so hopefully they can fix this soon.
  • bnhfubnhfu Posts: 71 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Well, now my gifts work (when I get a gift I get a message sent to my email) but it is now the messages... They say that I have like 5 messages that hasn't been read and when I click on the messages icon, it just comes up blank...

P.S. Sorry I haven't replied for a long time! I haven't been on the Sims for a long time! :oops:
  • NatTheSimmerNatTheSimmer Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    I have the same problem!
    I've changed the language and checked the email, but still no messages! Any help will be muchly appreciated:!:
  • NatTheSimmerNatTheSimmer Posts: 4
    edited October 2013

Are emails coming through when you get messages:?:
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited October 2013
    Mines won't show up. Doesn't matter what language it's set to :( I just read the messages in my emails though :D
  • LadyMarmelade01LadyMarmelade01 Posts: 115 Member
    Hi, I have the same problem. I did receive a gift message, but the item on the store page must be bought :( There is no blue download button.
    I tried logging in and out and changing my language but nothing works...
  • plavizdralplavizdral Posts: 121 Member
    Hi there i have same problem i get gift todey but when i click on tbe gifted item it sey buy insted blu boton for download when i check my mail noting come no mesage
    What is the problem ?
  • funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member

The same thing happened to me. The kind gifter made a couple of attempts to gift me, according to my messages, but when I click on the item to be gifted, I only get the option to buy the item. :neutral:

ps. sorry this is an old thread, but it was already resurrected... :naughty: