Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rem's SMALL CITY PROJECT - Available Again

Comments

• citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited March 2013
    :mrgreen: I am downloading now...Thank you for putting it backup...! This little world is so much fun to play, and my laptop loves it.
  • computertech82computertech82 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited March 2013
    cool! Thanks for the updates!
    tron_zps9rppf9ua.jpg
  • RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    edited March 2013
    Most welcome guys :D

@Citytube Fingers crossed it still works on your laptap. It should do as I designed the world to be really stripped back.

I'd be very grateful if you could let me know if the world still runs well for you in comparison to other world's that use all EP's.

If you play it for a couple of Sim weeks and all is still fine, please feel free to open it up in S3PE>CaW and add your own world spawners to taste. I seem to recall I removed quite a few from around the main highway when I fixed the routing issues that the Season's patch threw up.

It would also be a simple task to fill in the water section that I've added in the industrial/retail zone, should you wish to build on it. I used to have a horse ranch/training ground there, but as the world is flagged as a city, there are no wild horses, so I figured it could go :D

There's an empty 40x40 commercial in the industrial sector. I have Le Cinema Pumbob there now, but as it's a store venue, so I just quickly deleted it in case you guys didn't have it.

I also hastily added an elixir register to the consignment store, but I've recently found out that this may cause conflicts down the line, so it may be better to err on the side of caution and just delete it from the venue.

Rem
    edited March 2013
    Spotted a routing issue around the pier lots where sims would occasionally route into the water. I think I've fixed this, but want to test for a few more days to be sure before I upload.

Other changes:
    >Filled in the water bit. IP seems like such a way off!!
    >Remodelled the pier housing
    >Added some supernatural lots
    >Made my own festival lot
    >restored the legacy lot
    >Added an additional empty beach for commercial property developing sims.

I'll post again once I upload these changes.
  • KitiaraxKitiarax Posts: 11 New Member
    edited March 2013
    is this still a thing or?
    edited March 2013
    As in person, place or thing? :wink:

Yes, it's still a thing :D
    edited April 2013
    World back up and available :thumbup:
    edited April 2013
    :mrgreen: Thank you so much for this. I never did get to try the inbetween world, real life kept knocking at my door...and with four kids doing the knocking it made it difficult to find the time to test. I loved the other version of this! Recommended and downloaded.
  • AutumnLoveStoryAutumnLoveStory Posts: 101 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Great job! I love this world- specially how you squeezed everything in there.
  • JFKdjJFKdj Posts: 122 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yay, it's back. Downloading now and looking forward to playing tonight. I played an earlier version of this world quite a while ago and my PC loved it, never had any problems.
    edited April 2013
    :D I wanted to tell you this world works great on my old gaming laptop. A little lag, but it's the machine, not your world. I love it. I made a new sim, and put her into one of your starter houses and she's off and running. I've played for about 3 hours,and just love it. Thanks again.
  • KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited April 2013
    Oh,I have to try this world!;-)I have tryed your Italy world earlyer,Positano and loved it;-)Good work!:-)
    edited April 2013
    Thanks guys, I'm glad it's all working well for you :D

@Kariussa
    I haven't played Positano in ages. Did it survive the routing changes that Season's brought? I keep meaning to take it down as I'll not update it anymore, but if it still works then I guess there's no harm in keeping it up there.
  • TannerzTannerz Posts: 28 New Member
    edited April 2013
    So was really excited to play this, but when I tried to open this world it crashes to desktop.
    edited April 2013
    Hey Tannerz,

Sorry to hear about your crash issue.

Make sure you have all the EPs, you need them all for the world to work. If you have them all, remove and re-download the world in case there was an installation glitch.

If you're using mods that aren't designed to work with University, these could be causing a conflict.

Best of luck!
    Rem

• TannerzTannerz Posts: 28 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I have all the EPs but I'm thinking it's an issue with my launcher.. I'm getting red x's everywhere and I'm not sure how to address the issue.. It just started happening out of no where and I can't seem to install anything to the game.
  • kitkat9913kitkat9913 Posts: 151 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I was just wondering if there were any witches with a high enough level to duel in your town or if there are any sims with the sim fu skill?
    edited April 2013
    Hey kitkat,

Most of us use Twallen's Porter to get sims into our custom worlds and the advice always was to keep them relatively clean - i.e as if fresh out of CAS. It's just unknown to what extent playing with this info could corrupt the game. EA never intended CaW created worlds to contain Sims (they don't use CaW when they create their own official worlds), so a less is more approach seems wisest to me.

So - that's a very long winded way of me saying "No, there aren't!" :wink:
  • kitkat9913kitkat9913 Posts: 151 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Alright, thats totally fine. As long as it stops lag! Couldn't stand Bridgeport, waaaay too laggy, but I still wanted the bars. So thanks for this world, its AMAZING!
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited April 2013
    Remmo, I love the look of your world. I don't use Mods, will this great world still work for me? I hope so, as I would really like to play this world.
    edited April 2013
    Hey Rukaya

I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't. Please do post back and let me know how it went :D
  • SISTERWOLFSISTERWOLF Posts: 149 Member
    edited April 2013
    This World is Amazing Remmo,I Love having familiar Sims in my world!!And I placed a couple of my creations right away and they fit like a glove!!!
    Motel 6 and my Shipping Yard
    Screenshot-140_zps2111e82d.jpg

Screenshot-141_zps4250c47a.jpg

Screenshot-138_zpsdb8dffca.jpg

Screenshot-139_zps14aadf10.jpg

Screenshot-142_zpse330ec6c.jpg

Screenshot-143_zpsa7bcd7e7.jpg

Screenshot-144_zps3738c408.jpg

edited April 2013
    Thank you Remmo, Just dl'd it and gave it a recc. Will play it today and see how it goes. I have all the EPs and SPs except for the Katy Pary sp. so all should go well. Thank you a head of time for all your hard work and for sharing your world with all of us.
    edited April 2013
    Played different households for a while. the only problems I encountered were minor. the spiral staircases in the cute houses on the dock need to be reset, and the description for the darkwater household is for a chef named Gino Ferrari not Electra Darkwater, who is quite a character. Will try and find this Farrari sim later on. :D
    edited April 2013
    @ SISTERWOLF
    Thanks for the pics, it's great to see how you've grown the place :thumbup:

@ Rukaya
    Glad it's going well :D
    Yup, all 4 pier houses have spirals which are best reset just to be sure. I don't think I have them anywhere else in the world as they're known to slip upon export.
    Gino Farrari is a sim that shipped with Monte Vista so you won't find him in my world. I placed him in the first proto-type of the pier houses when I was testing as he's loaded with cash. I must've forgot to wipe the description! :oops:
    And between you and me, I'm missing Sweat Treats too - I just couldn't bring myself to buy it :twisted: :wink: :twisted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top