Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Troublesome CC that I did not knowingly DL...help!!!!!

Okay, I have a piece of CC that is really driving me nuts. It's not causing game lag or game crashes thankfully, but it's irritating nonetheless.

What it is is a pair of thigh-high women's boots. I have no recollection of ever downloading this item, either alone or on a Sim. And I wouldn't have, cause it's not really something that appeals to me, so I'm not sure where it came from.

The problem is that it has been classified for everything and everyone, men, women, children, nude. All of my newborn babies are coming home from the hospital with these boots on and it's messing up the game view enough that I have to age them up to toddlers immediately in order to get rid of them.

So...removing this item. Trust me, I would, if I knew what it was named. I have looked in my downloads and package files, no luck. I've run my package files through Delphy's Dashboard and nothing came up as problematic.

I was able to get this number for the item when I was in CAS; don't know if it will be any help: 0x263c14c60188505e

Any guidance would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited April 2012
    For more info on bad cc, check this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page

You need to find the boots in your launcher and uninstall. I have a launcher picture of them in my blog. Links can be found in the thread.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CitrusmoonCitrusmoon Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2012
    Have you recently used the Simport system? Simport system is known to install CCs, or even sims that you hosted/visited into your system. EA still has not released any patch/fix on this issue.

Have you read the sticky?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page
    Search "How do I get rid of that CC ?"
    自分のアバター作ってみたにょ。難しいにょ!シムズ楽しすぎにょ!
    Win 10 Pro 64 bit / ASUS Maximus VII / Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4 GHz / Cosair Vengeance 16GB RAM / NVidia GeForce GTX 980 SLi / Samsung SSD 840 PRO HDD
  • Options
    KarriMKarriM Posts: 6 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I've not used Simport yet, I have a feeling they came with a Sim I downloaded. I will try out your solutions though, thanks!
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited April 2012
    Citrusmoon wrote:
    Have you recently used the Simport system? Simport system is known to install CCs, or even sims that you hosted/visited into your system. EA still has not released any patch/fix on this issue.

Have you read the sticky?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page
    Search "How do I get rid of that CC ?"

Patch 1.32 and 1.33 do help with the cc. There is still an issue with skins if the Sims don't get deleted properly but EA did solve this.

Do you still see this issue ? I made many tests and only found a skin in my game and only for the duration of the time the Sim was in my town.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    DRichardsDRichards Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Karri. Years later but I have this same file issue and cannot find it!! Did you ever discover the simpack or package for 0x263C14C60188505E?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    DRichards wrote: »
    Hi Karri. Years later but I have this same file issue and cannot find it!! Did you ever discover the simpack or package for 0x263C14C60188505E?
    Hi there. The OP hasn't been active on this forum in many years.

The procedure to get rid of CC like that is still Method by Mel, as formalized by crinrict on her blog pages.
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

But first, before attacking the dbc files in the DCCache folder, one really has to get rid of the sim or whatever else that was downloaded by way of sims3packs that included the "bad" item or else it will just keep returning.

When all else fails, the last resort method is to pull the entire TS3 user game folder out of Documents (or rename it) thus forcing the game to spawn a new one on its next launch and then begin rebuilding all content installs on the new, clean game folder from scratch. Mods and saved games can be moved over to the new folder once enough content has been reinstalled to make them work as expected again. How painful the last resort method becomes of course depends on how much content one is working with.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net