Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finding a Rainbow Gem?

Can anyone help me with the location of a Rainbow Gem in Starlight Shores please?
I can't find one and my sim child wants to make his imaginary friend real.

Comments

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited April 2012
    The other way is to get to lvl 8 or 9 on the potion table with a sim and create the potion to make the IF real if you have that . Otherwise see if one of your sims has the points for the collection helper and just go grab every gem there is.

The miner is also a good way to dig up rainbow gems
  • Sdp241Sdp241 Posts: 159
    edited April 2012
    yea i would use the miner
  • SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2012
    You can sometimes buy a rainbow gem from the consignment store, but it takes a while.
  • SyrioniaSyrionia Posts: 1,371 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the replies :)
  • jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited April 2012
    I currently have 5 rainbow gems, because I adopted a dog from the shelter. My sim taught the dog to hunt and now the dog goes out and finds cool stuff!
  • emakav2emakav2 Posts: 122
    edited April 2012
    jkstens wrote:
    I currently have 5 rainbow gems, because I adopted a dog from the shelter. My sim taught the dog to hunt and now the dog goes out and finds cool stuff!

When I had Pets installed, I could never get this to work if the dog had found the gem first.
  • MissKate8MissKate8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited April 2012
    If you have pets you can train a dog to be a hunter and get loads of gems.
  • SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited April 2012
    you can always use the cheat,
    To open the cheat box, hold down Ctrl, Shift and C.

then type testingcheatsenabled true (enter)

then buydebug on (enter)

Then go into the buy mode and there will be a ? tab click that and find the spawner that will put down the rainbow gem. The rainbow gem is under the HIGH spawner.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=3357.0

Hope that helps, Happy Simming! :D
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2012
    The hunting dog is in my opinion the best way to collect the valuable gems. But the Chemistry Table is rather easy as long as your Sim is highly skilled in the Logic area. Shouldn't take too long to get the IF Metamorphosis potion.

Edited to add: I've had my Sim use the Collection Helper for several days now looking for gems in Starlight Shores. The few gems he finds are the more commonly available varieties. Haven't found a rare one yet. The only thing I can report is that Palladium can be found in the lower-left corner near the row of houses just up from the shore. Very close to the empty lot where my game likes to place the junkyard.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    edited April 2012
    when I use the collection helper it puts Rocks and Gems together on it so it makes it kinda hard for me to find just gems in the world/town and right now I'm playing Magic_Dancer's Sunset Valley 2 world that I added my own lots to it. I would love to find the rainbow gem also for my Sim's toy that I want to change to an IF then person so they could be best friends.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited April 2012
    I have yet to find a rainbow gem in Starlight Shores myself.

But if you don’t want to wait for the buydebug high gem spawner to pop out a rainbow gem to collect or use one of the lengthier ways to possibly acquire one, there is another way that will result in receiving one (or more!) immediately, if you have WA and don’t mind cheating.

In your cheat window (hold down Ctrl, Shift and C), type in testingcheatsenabled true.

Open the cheat window again and type in buydebug on.

Under the buydebug menu, go under the tomb objects tab, and choose one of the three treasure chests.

Place it on your lot, and while still in buy mode, hold shift + Ctrl and left click on the chest.

Under the Treasure Chest Info tab, set it to spawn 5 items.

Under the Treasure Component tab, choose Set Regular Treasure Info, and scroll down till you reach Gem – High Value and select it.

Exit to Live Mode and have your Sim open the chest. Inside will be 5 High Value pre-cut gems. Most likely, at least one will be a rainbow gem.
  • eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks starguru :thumbup:
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited April 2012
    I've had my sims learn martial arts and once they can break a space rock,they can accumulate many gems/metals, including the rainbow gem. You can make good money from selling the gems/metals. You can also check the consignment store, some people have reported finding them for sale there. I didn't know about the treasure chest, so, lots of options!

Mylita

edited to add: I just tried the treasure chest and got 3 cut rainbow gems! Pretty cool!
    No friends requests, please.
    edited April 2012
    @eilian You're welcome!

@Mylita Thanks for the edit verifying the steps. The first time I did it, I got three rainbow gems, too. :D

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited April 2012
    Starguru, Thanks for the pretty nifty little tip about the treasure chests. It's a great alternative. :-)
    edited April 2012
    tanubanue wrote:
    Starguru, Thanks for the pretty nifty little tip about the treasure chests. It's a great alternative. :-)

Glad to share it. Normally, I don't like using cheats, but it's kind of ridiculous to spend several Sim weeks looking for one gem (even with the LTW collector). And I don't play every family with a pet, potion-maker or inventor, so this trick comes in handy when I want all my Sim kids in the family to be able to make their IF's real.
  • frommanfromman Posts: 169 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you Starguru, first time I tried it didn't get a rainbow gem but the 2nd time all 5 were rainbow gems.
    MNRSm.jpg
  • EllenAbi2012EllenAbi2012 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Syrionia wrote:
    Can anyone help me with the location of a Rainbow Gem in Starlight Shores please?
    I can't find one and my sim child wants to make his imaginary friend real.

No but if you have world advventures travel to china then get collection helper:need help getting collection helper type in testingcheatsenabled true at the main menu where to select your household then enter your house hold then go to your lifetime happiness then hold down **** and ctrl under your question mark on your key board then left click near the treasure chest then keep clicking left while holding that ctrl button then lots should come up do that untill you get collection helper then click on it then select rocks and gems then go to maps view then it should have a diamond apper zoom in then there is your rock or gem! i had 5 days untill i found rainbow gem for my child in china- HOPE THIS WORKS!
    edited November 2012
    soz i ment shift SPELLING MISTAKE!
    edited November 2012
    starguru wrote:
    I have yet to find a rainbow gem in Starlight Shores myself.

But if you don’t want to wait for the buydebug high gem spawner to pop out a rainbow gem to collect or use one of the lengthier ways to possibly acquire one, there is another way that will result in receiving one (or more!) immediately, if you have WA and don’t mind cheating.

In your cheat window (hold down Ctrl, Shift and C), type in testingcheatsenabled true.

Open the cheat window again and type in buydebug on.

Under the buydebug menu, go under the tomb objects tab, and choose one of the three treasure chests.

Place it on your lot, and while still in buy mode, hold shift + Ctrl and left click on the chest.

Under the Treasure Chest Info tab, set it to spawn 5 items.

Under the Treasure Component tab, choose Set Regular Treasure Info, and scroll down till you reach Gem – High Value and select it.

Exit to Live Mode and have your Sim open the chest. Inside will be 5 High Value pre-cut gems. Most likely, at least one will be a rainbow gem.
    Thanks so much never knew that i tried it and it worked ive been searching for a rainbow gem for over 2 months now!
  • BigblueelfBigblueelf Posts: 19
    edited February 2013
    starguru wrote:
    tanubanue wrote:

Glad to share it. Normally, I don't like using cheats, but it's kind of ridiculous to spend several Sim weeks looking for one gem (even with the LTW collector). And I don't play every family with a pet, potion-maker or inventor, so this trick comes in handy when I want all my Sim kids in the family to be able to make their IF's real.

I found the gem with out cheating. I used the LTW collector and The Sims 3 Supernatural guide book :D .

I sent the gem off but I can't end the quest (I have the $4500 it is asking for) but when I click I there is no ! and yellow text.
  • Sofonisba7Sofonisba7 Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thanks SO MUCH, starguru! This worked beautifully! I got one Luminorious gem, and four high-value rainbow gems by following your suggestion! Been trying to hunt one down for WEEKS now, with the Collection Helper, trips afar, searches all over town in Starlight Shores - this did the trick in no time flat! : D
  • TessaLrocks78TessaLrocks78 Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2013
    How do you find rainbow gems in Isla Paradiso?
  • AlexRed2001AlexRed2001 Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    Sabrosa wrote:
    you can always use the cheat,
    To open the cheat box, hold down Ctrl, Shift and C.

then type testingcheatsenabled true (enter)

then buydebug on (enter)

Then go into the buy mode and there will be a ? tab click that and find the spawner that will put down the rainbow gem. The rainbow gem is under the HIGH spawner.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=3357.0

Hope that helps, Happy Simming! :D
    I tried that, but the gems aren't spawning. is there a certain place i have to put them?
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited August 2013
    I couldnt find a rainbow gem when I decided my teen sim would one day marry his IF.
    I got his brother to start inventing potions. It took f o r e v e r. By the time the potion
    was created my sim had 16 days to becoming an elder. But it took a couple of days until
    they could go steady, then get engaged. I wish I had come here first.