Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DDR/Czech German Shepherd

I decided to make this line of the German Shepherd mainly because, well, I love this line more than the American line.

There are a few different coat patterns, I plan on making them all but-It's a lot more work then I thought so :lol: Here is the first one.

Screenshot-4-14.jpg
Screenshot-6-13.jpg
Screenshot-7-13.jpg

Screenshot-10-13.jpg
Screenshot-9-14.jpg
Screenshot-11-13.jpg

*this* one is a female. If any German Shepherd sims 3 breeders are interested in her-let me know, or if you have any certain DDR/Czech line German Shepherd you would like to be made-let me know! I'd be happy to do it.

I also plan on re-creating the APBT. Make a few that look like the *real* APBT.

Comments

• Options
    piratekitagpiratekitag Posts: 3,326 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Thought I'd post reference pictures for those who don't know what the DDR or Czech lines look like.

For the dog above, this is the dog I was trying to use as a model.

terra2-28e.jpg

tarrae.jpg

I had such a hard time with the coloring though >.< Getting the tone right and everything. Bah, She's a beautiful dog, wish I had more options coat wise and well...more skill :lol: She is a "sable" one.

Anyway, this is the dog I plan as using reference for the next one:

tommy.jpg

tomd.jpg

tommy7-29-06.jpg

tommy5-13-11c.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Some other dogs of Czech or DDR line:

SG_Dargo_Ha-Ja-Da_CS.jpg

Quint.JPG

ox_stoji21.jpg

ox_lezi2.jpg

BADYzeSvobodnehodvora~~element139.jpg

Basically, what they look like. Google DDR or Czech German shepherds if you want to find more pictures of them ^.^
  • Options
    katz442000katz442000 Posts: 246 New Member
    edited March 2012
    i've never realized how many different types of GSD there are. These are really pretty.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, It's interesting :)

I think there are about three/four different lines. I prefer most of the other lines over the American lines mainly because-well there's a big difference in them ;) this chart shows it more:

GSDCOMP.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Not going to lie but I definitely like the German working better. I think I've seen some like that when i worked in a kennel. I'm not a huge fan of the sloping hind-end of the american i just didn't realize that were "specific" lines i guess.... not sure how to word that.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I understand what you mean.

I love the working lines(which are usually DDR/Czech German shepherds), because I don't like the frog legs/very sloped back that American Lines have.

I honestly didn't know that there were other lines-I thought it was just one. But then I noticed that certain German Shepherds looked different, carried differently, etc- so I looked into it. That's when I found out there are different lines. I instantly fell in love with the working lines(DDR/Czech) because, to me, they look like 'true' German shepherds.

Sadly the American lines are mostly show and for some reason the judges in showing think they need to ruin the dogs legs/back to make it look like it's been in an accident or something :/
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I agree and I think that's partially why the american line gets so many hip problems too :( the czech line just looks healthier in my opinion
  • Options
    TwilightStar09TwilightStar09 Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2012
    I can't tell if my baby is a German working or show line but her sire was a Schuzthund (sp?) champ and was breed to an Aussie show line dog. She's really quite square at the back end, which pleases me no end. I had to go out of state to find one that wasn't bred from a classic example of show line.
    *Tried to find a good photo of her but no joy - she's always lying down or sitting :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    coloring is probably the easiest way to tell but i could be wrong
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yep, coloring is usually the best way to tell.

Working line German shepherds usually have the coloring of the dogs above, but there are some that have the black/tan too.

I would suggest contacting the breeder you got your dog from and asking them what line your dog is-they would probably know best :)
  • Options
    TwilightStar09TwilightStar09 Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2012
    She's a black and gold but her dad is listed on her pedigree as a black and brown - don't know exactly what colour or pattern she's going to be yet as she's still only 9 months old and hasn't shed her black yet :)
    I'm only curious - she's desexed so I'm not breeding from her. Though I think I may make her in Sims and see what her puppies would turn out like :)