Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gurus, please advise about new 1.33 Super Patch - New Info available

crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
I hope someone from EA sees this.

I have to admit I don't fully understand all this but as ellacharm3d at MTS found, the super patch and the incremental patch don't put your game in the same state. There are differences between them, especially the creation of the showtime collections folder.

The Collections folder is not created if you use the super patch and there might be other issues:

Please read this: Game Help:Issues with 1.3x Superpatcher

Update 2012-03-16:

I think I now understand the issue and my a post about it here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/03/patch-1-3x-whats-the-issue.html

Please feel free to ask here if you have any questions at all.
Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
AHQ Tutorial

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• cameranutz2cameranutz2 Posts: 941 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Free bump before it gets lost.
  • funnycat11funnycat11 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited March 2012
    so patches 1.3x have broken codes?????
  • cameranutz2cameranutz2 Posts: 941 New Member
    edited March 2012
    There are reported issues with the 1.33 super patch. Check the link from the OP.
  • TheChronicRTheChronicR Posts: 1,294 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Good thing I started to install only incremental patches from 1.26 onwards. :P

It was a bit of a challenge to figure out which one to use as I have mixed regional codes and all that but in the end I ended up downloading MUCH less.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    Patch 1.32 users have an problem. There is no incremental patch for it. The launcher uses the super patch for everyone that is a that level.

I'm sooooo confused, I just hope we can get some clarification on this.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• TheChronicRTheChronicR Posts: 1,294 New Member
    edited March 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    Patch 1.32 users have an problem. There is no incremental patch for it. The launcher uses the super patch for everyone that is a that level.

I'm sooooo confused, I just hope we can get some clarification on this.

Do you mean patching from 1.32 to 1.33? I'm currently still on 1.32 and I have no real intention to patch up so I wouldn't know. Hmm, weird.
  • MilliebonMilliebon Posts: 308 Member
    edited March 2012
    I don't know if this is related but I installed the 1.33 patch and went into play my game. I played for awhile with no issues. Even had sound for all new music interactions for showtime. Then I decided to build on a lot. Went to the lot and clicked the level it button and that sent my game into a blank blue screen of nothingness. I tried everything to navigate out of it, but nothing worked. I could go into CAS and use that, but when I went back into the town it was all blue. Has anyone else experienced this or know if it is patch related?
  • khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited March 2012
    As to the blue lots...

Because of what Crinrict warned re: Collections, I had made extra backups.

I had patched to 1.31 via super patch, and then to 1.32 via incremental (launcher).

My game is is now patched to 1.33 via launcher (super patcher) and upon initial boot up did not recognize anything in DCCache even though it was still full as was DCBackup. Downloads was fine as well. I purged cache, and rebuilt both DCCache and Backup after relaunching.

Went into shop mode (since I can't download from store without doing this, a separate known bug since 1.31 that is apparently still present). I went to watch the launcher download these, and ... all the content I JUST installed had uninstalled itself somehow.

I swear I was at 100% and *EVERYTHING* was installed. ALL of it. It all had the uploaded icon next to it. I am not using any Mods, I am not using anything except store content.

The game wiped itself out?? Twice now?

Once I get the store content downloaded and saved off to a safe spot I'm going to do a test, restart the launcher, upload something, and try over.

But the ONLY thing that is registering as "uploaded" are my Sims and Worlds, BUT in the launcher they are NOT showing as having been uploaded (not Riverview, Hidden Springs, etc). They are showing to start a new game. So something is wrong somewhere. I am wary to load a save not knowing if CC (store content) is really there or not. I'm going to go run a test on a copy of a save.
    edited March 2012
    Of note -- there was still content in the DCBackup and DCCache folders, it's just not registering as being installed as per the launcher.
    edited March 2012
    I am going to go back into my game now and see if it is okay. I didn't save when I quit so I hope it was just a glitch.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited March 2012
    Oh geez isn't this just pleasant. :?
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • funnycat11funnycat11 Posts: 451 New Member
    edited March 2012
    maybe EA is rushing on these patches and aren't taking the time to make sure everything is okay. my game is still crashing.
  • SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited March 2012
    i forwarded the threads to them, I don't know what the answer will be, i will see can i can find out later...

thanks for making this thread
    edited March 2012
    Thanks russkii for forwarding.

I'm installing the patch right now to see what I'm getting. Maybe then I'll understand better.
    AHQ Tutorial

• MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm sorry to even take your time on a thread to which I have nothing to add (way above my head) - but I wondered if one of you could briefly explain what you mean by super patch vs incremental patch vs either or both applied via launcher or (not sure what the alternative to this would be unless it would be to do it directly from a provided link to the patch file)? Thank you so much.
  • simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited March 2012
    @crinrict - the 1.31-1.32 patch is possibly buggy too, so perhaps it's best for anyone who patched to 1.32 at all to reinatsll.
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download/Archived/BG

@MSladyTSO- the incremental patches take you from one patch level to the next, for example 1.29 to 1.31. The superpatchers can take you from any level to the current one, they contain all prior patches combined.
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • LethalAcid25LethalAcid25 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2012
    At least you guys can play for a bit, as soon as I patched my game, I got an error message, "Sims3Launcher has stopped working" immediately after clicking the icon.
    edited March 2012
    simsample wrote:
    @crinrict - the 1.31-1.32 patch is possibly buggy too, so perhaps it's best for anyone who patched to 1.32 at all to reinatsll.
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download/Archived/BG

I believe this entirely. I'm able to play, sort of. I haven't had the heart to quit out to the launcher and see if it recognizes all my store content as being uploaded after installing again for a third time (takes so darned long). I know I could test with bits and pieces but eh...

I have noticed several weird things while playing. The most notable; consignment store items worth 0$ when checking via cancel for 0-day left items. They had 3 and 5 days left. It appeared there was one item of each. I canceled them. Went to build/buy to check family inventory. I had about 8 items with blank thumbnails. I had to dump family inventory of things I wanted to keep in order to "Sell All" since these items were non-interactable. Things seem to be working alright after that.
    edited March 2012
    I came to the conclusion with my issue that it was probably the placement of the lot. I put a new 30x30 lot in a space and when I tried to level two different times my game went into the blank screen and stayed there. I went back in and used a lot already in Starlight Shores and had no problem leveling and building on it. Good luck everyone with your game. I have not experienced any other problems with the patch so far.
  • MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited March 2012
    simsample - thank you so much for your reply to my question re/ super patches. I understand the terminology now.

To you or anyone who knows: If I wanted to reinstall the game and all the EPs and SPs (clean reinstall) - would I be able to install everything up to and including Showtime and then patch with just ONE super patch? I know many patches along the way have cause probs and I dont want to use any that would mess up the nice clean install. Or will I be required to install patches as I go along installing all the EPs and SPs? If I can install just one super patch after all are installed, which super patch would that be and where do I get super patches?

I know this has been sort of off-topic in this thread but Im feeling a little desparate since it's past midnite and Im in the middle of this mess lol. Thank you again.

AND - so I can pay it forward a little - LethalAcid25...check for a thread w/ your name on it.

edited March 2012
    One should use the 1.29 super patcher and do 1.29 to 1.31 and then 1.31 to 1.33 incremental ones.

I'm still investigating what the best course of action is.
    AHQ Tutorial

• ellacharm3dellacharm3d Posts: 84 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks, crin.

And thank you, SimGuruRusskii !
    For bringing it to the developers' attentions. We haven't had a fast acknowledgement of an issue for quite some time (other than for Simport), hope this is a sign of good things and this trend would continue.

I've also updated the wiki to add info on 1.33 that I've been able to confirm after a few more uninstalls, to be able to compare and present the proof in a new image.

1.33_working_patch_path.png

edited March 2012
    I managed to play largely bug free through the night *knock on wood* and am now heading to bed. However, I wanted to see if upon reloading the launcher after quitting out if I would see my store content as being uploaded or not.

Of course, it isn't. Once again the only thing registering as being installed are the sims which I have in the bin. No store content of any kind (worlds, lots, clothes, home improvement etc) is showing as being uploaded. It is all there in downloads, but not uploaded.

I do not know if this is a launcher bug or an in-game real bug.

The DCCache and DCBackup folders both show items that indicate that the content should be there. DCBackup is full of package files, and DCCache is full of one huge file and the few tiny ones.

Tomorrow I will load a copy of a saved game to see if it is only a display issue within the launcher or if it is truly uninstalling all the game and losing knowledge of the DCCache somehow. I'll copy my last save, open it, and see if the store content displays or not before re-generating the cache and backup from the downloads.

Really tired of the mishaps with the launcher between this and not being able to download store content.

Looks like I will be reinstalling manually from a clean uninstall and what not this weekend one way or another. That will be five installs this past week. :/
    edited March 2012
    I've written up a blog post. It's linked in the first page.
    AHQ Tutorial

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited March 2012
    funnycat11 wrote:
    maybe EA is rushing on these patches and aren't taking the time to make sure everything is okay. my game is still crashing.

If they had done what EVERYONE WAS ASKING and threw that daggone Simporting GARBAGE in the GARBAGE,none of this would have happened. :cry: Then they spilled a new EP leak in on top of it, and ever since it's been nothing but problems. :evil: This is why my game is still at 1.29--I KNEW Showtime was gonna be a problem, and I refused to stick around to be a guinea pig. EA, you all really need to fix this WHOLE issue ASAP, cuz last time I read the forums people were throwing out their games.... :shock: You're not just effing around with our games--you're effing around with people's computers, and more importantly: their money. :thumbdown:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top