Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flute Forward

I would like to bring this to the attention of the people who manage the sims 3 store. This dress has been broken for quite some time and i've waited and waited months for it to get fixed and nothing has been fixed. Maybe no one is aware that there is a problem with the dress called Flute Forward. I did pay for this dress and would really like to see it get fixed. Thanks for your time.

Here is a pic of the dress, Flute Forward and the problem with it.

FluteForward.jpg

Comments

• Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh wow, that's bad! I don't have that dress but it is on my wl... :?
  • charliejongcharliejong Posts: 907 New Member
    edited February 2012
    The dress is so pretty too! :(
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2012
    The dress is beautiful. It was one of my favorites until it broke. Yes, it used to work but i don't know what happened to it. I know it is the store file that's broke. I made sure there was no mistake before posting this. I re-downloaded the dress today, put it in a mostly CC free new game and took this pic.
  • iceperson12iceperson12 Posts: 351 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I had to agree I got rid of the dress than I thought it got fix when I re download the dress once again it still has the piece of dress missing I thought that dress is beautiful.
  • crystal91390crystal91390 Posts: 2,882 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Wow good catch, such a lovely dress too.
  • LolllimoewmoLolllimoewmo Posts: 797 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Awe that's too bad! Such a pretty dress, too. I have 2 dresses and a hairstyle in my game doing something like that right now (can't remember what they're called) So annoying! :?
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited February 2012
    The Flute Forward was one of the first dresses that I purchased from EA and it worked just fine. Then I had trouble with my computer and lost everything, when I downloaded it again it was broke. I really wish they would fix this dress, isn't there some way we can bring this to their attention? What about new people who buy it now? They should remove the dress from the store it is not fair to other people who buy it.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited February 2012
    That dress broke with one of the patches, months ago. My installed version was broken after a patch, and I know I did not re-download it in the meantime.
    I have since re-downloaded a few times, but it's still broken, as you say.

Elsewhere on the forum somebody reported that an EA tech told them to use a program called S3RC to fix it. This is an external program. It's main use is to strip down pirated content so that it installs properly. As a 'side effect' the dress is fixed.
    It does work, but I don't think it's right to tell people to get an external program to fix store errors. Let alone a program that is designed to strip 'store identifiers' from content so that it can be shared.

Either EA doesn't know how to fix it so that it works but still has 'anti-piracy' identifiers. Or they just can't be bothered to fix it - or even to take it off the store to prevent people from buying a faulty item.

BTW, the 'elder' version of the dress still works.
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited February 2012
    It was broken with the Late Night patch. That's almost a year and a half ago.

We've sent emails, we've posted it here over and over. Gurus have responded, yet it still hasn't been fixed.

Thanks for reposting.

While we're at it:

The Hewnsman doors and arch and the Modernism Window are still broken.

We now know staff actually read these forums. So why on earth are these things all still broken?
  • seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I love that dress, but until it's broken I am so sad :oops:
    EA fix it :!:
  • may_nilanmay_nilan Posts: 950 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I hate it when store stuff breaks. It's bad enough with CC but when you've actually paid money for it. :( And it's such a lovely dress as well!
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    It was broken with the Late Night patch. That's almost a year and a half ago.

We've sent emails, we've posted it here over and over. Gurus have responded, yet it still hasn't been fixed.

Yes, why is it taking so long to get one dress and a few doors and windows fixed? How many threads do we need on the subject, EA?
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited February 2012
    icon_yeahthat.gif

Hi Reach!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2012
    I own the Store now except this dress (and that one art object that looks like it was left by a dog).

I like the dress and I will be buying it as soon as it's fixed but I don't want broken stuff.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2012
    whew, i thought i was the only one with that invisible leg problem.
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    icon_yeahthat.gif
    Hi Reach!

Hi MrHawk! :mrgreen:
    crinrict wrote:
    I own the Store now except this dress (and that one art object that looks like it was left by a dog).

Hi Crin! I agree that one art object does look like that. I don't own it either but now I know what to send you for a gift. :mrgreen:
  • GrilledCheeseGrilledCheese Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I have exactly the same problem, I told EA via customer support and they said to go to the forums :roll:
    They kept telling me to do weird things and going through my files, and it's not my computer!

They can't be bothered to change it, its not us it started after a patch and loads of people have mentioned it.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2012
    Reachsims wrote:
    Hi Crin! I agree that one art object does look like that. I don't own it either but now I know what to send you for a gift. :mrgreen:

You're evil :twisted: but I'll be sure to repay the kindness.

Good to see you though.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• angeldollxxangeldollxx Posts: 786 New Member
    edited February 2012
    lol! it scared me
    edited February 2012
    How do you get in touch with customer support? I'll call them if i can get a phone number.
    edited February 2012
    Karin, how do you fix the dress with s3rc?
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited February 2012
    EA, please fix this dress. I used to like it very much until your patch came and broke it.
    Pretty, pretty please!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited February 2012
    Sunirose wrote:
    Karin, how do you fix the dress with s3rc?
    You need to run it over s3rc, then decrapify, and that should fix it.

Either that, or you can use JFade's compressorizer in 'decrapify' mode:
    http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=473

As long as you *only* use the 'decrapify' function on the uninstalled Sims3Pack file, there's no need to do anything to your saves, or anywhere else in the game. Just install the dress as if it's a piece of third-party cc.
  • SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited February 2012
    I am another simmer that is longing to buy the dress. It is gorgeous but I won't buy it until it is fixed EA!

• maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited February 2012
    ever since I installed LN that dress broke in my game and it was one of my favourites too :( a lot of my sims wore it as formal wear
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top