Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tree of Prosperity not working

My Sim can imbue the tree without any problem,

However, when I click 'pick fruit', she walks up to the tree - and does nothing!

The action just disappears from the action que. Anyone else having this problem? :(

Comments

• Pern_DragonPern_Dragon Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I have the same problem!! Anybody have an answer??
  • JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited February 2012
    If you go into build/buy (and you may need testing cheats enabled) you can shift click on the tree and reset it (I am not sure it is shift+cntrl+left mouse click)....maybe someone else can help with the specifics...

Anyway I have had to do this with 2 or 3 trees...

Of course the other (more expensive) alternative is to sell the tree and buy another...it is most certainly an intermittent glitch...
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • sidisidi Posts: 184 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Bump

Let's get this fixed!
  • ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have the same problem.

Maybe a totally stupid question, but what career and life time want does your sim have?

Mine has the writer career and the earn 4000 S a week from writing life time want.

This has happened to all my writer Sims but not any other careers/life time wants.

Just a thought.

• Batgirl32Batgirl32 Posts: 14
    edited February 2012
    My prosperity tree has a fruit but when you try to pick it it won't let you. Tried to delete it but it says the tree is in use. I've even tried moving off the lot then back on same problem. Am going to try moving off the lot, editing that lot by deleting the tree, move back and then buy a new one.
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited February 2012
    My tree is completely missing and replaced with a statue of Victim of Medusa...
  • booty05615booty05615 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I am having this problem as well
  • trapper60trapper60 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I had this problem too. It appaers to be related to a modified script I had for clothing (one of the cmarXcas or cmarXmods form mod the sims/sexysims).

when I went in and made a further new outfit and i changed into it for some reason my sim was only able to use the tree once again and then it was continually in use and not accessable.

As you can't use the tree iF it does get stuck, quit game without saving. You wont have your saved outfit but you will have you game intact.

Hopefully the packages from mod the sims will be updated at some point.

if you haven't got any mod packages in you game then I dont know what the cause is, but hopefully this will help some people at least.
  • KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2012
    Batgirl32 wrote:
    My prosperity tree has a fruit but when you try to pick it it won't let you. Tried to delete it but it says the tree is in use. I've even tried moving off the lot then back on same problem. Am going to try moving off the lot, editing that lot by deleting the tree, move back and then buy a new one.

Wow...I don't think you need to go through that much trouble. Just use move objects on to delete it. Then use kaching to give your sim 1000 simoleons to buy another one.
  • theresa01theresa01 Posts: 8
    edited April 2012
    I was told to come here for a fix. The tree of prosperity will not work. It worked the first time, blooms again and quits working. Finally, I try to delete it and I get the message "can't delete object in use". I use the move object on to finaly get rid of it, but it keeps doing it. I was sent here by one of the "Knowledgable tech support people" who said "it was an in game issue. These forums are massive, so hope my message does not get lost. It is interesting how we spend so much on these games and can't get a solution to our problems, but I notice they have plenty of time to promote, Ford, that Katy person, Prius, etc.
  • ArmodillomonArmodillomon Posts: 2 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi i am having a problem with my tree that i dont see anyone else having on here. My Tree shows up in the catalog but when i hover over it i get no info on it besides the 1000S price and that is it. When i place it in a lot i can click on it but i just get an empty bubble that looks to be currupted as it seem there is half a bubble ontop of another bubble. I removed the custom content and i downloaded the fix for it but i still cant seem to get it to work, also i have uninstalled and reinstalled Lunar lakes thinking this might work.
  • MaxQBakerMaxQBaker Posts: 493
    edited May 2012
    sidi wrote:
    My Sim can imbue the tree without any problem,

However, when I click 'pick fruit', she walks up to the tree - and does nothing!

The action just disappears from the action que. Anyone else having this problem? :(

I find this happens semi-frequently in the game

I do one of two things (both take about as long).

1.) delete the tree, and place it again. reImbue - and it will work again for a while.
    2.) with testingCheatsEnabled true, go into buy mode and Ctl+Shift+Click the tree and choose RESET object.
    Again, this will fix it for a while.

Until a more permanent fix is available, those are the workarounds I know.
  • nightshade84nightshade84 Posts: 43
    edited May 2012

1.) delete the tree, and place it again. reImbue - and it will work again for a while.
    2.) with testingCheatsEnabled true, go into buy mode and Ctl+Shift+Click the tree and choose RESET object.

Until a more permanent fix is available, those are the workarounds I know

MaxQBaker i tryed both of these ideas and the tree still wont work.
    to be honest EA is really starting to annoy me why put new items out that dont even work proppaly then charge an absolute fortune for them they really need to get their acts together because this isnt the only item that is faulty
  • nightshade84nightshade84 Posts: 43
    edited May 2012

Until a more permanent fix is available, those are the workarounds I know

MaxQBaker i tryed both of these ideas and the tree still wont work.
    to be honest EA is really starting to annoy me why put new items out that dont even work proppaly then charge an absolute fortune for them they really need to get their acts together because this isnt the only item that is faulty

Also i have no mods in game so it cant be that :cry: EA plz plz plz fix these problems before you bring more stuff out
  • TESSIELATESSIELA Posts: 3 New Member
    edited May 2012

Thank you, MaxQBaker, they work perfectly now. When in doubt check out the forums!
  • Sharifah28Sharifah28 Posts: 56
    edited May 2012
    MeaganJo wrote:
    My tree is completely missing and replaced with a statue of Victim of Medusa...

I had that happen to me! I had to delete my game and start over. EA is getting sloppy with it's content...