Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to use Delphys Dashboard and CUSTARD on Mac tutorial

What you need:
MonoDevelop
Terminal-Already loaded on Macs
CUSTARD or Dashboard

First go to Applications-Utility and open Terminal.

Now, type "mono" without the ". Now hit the spacebar, and drag the .exe file from the folders that CUSTARD or Dashboard came in onto the Terminal box and hit enter. And wait a few moments and it should open!

Feel free to ask questions!

Comments

• KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2012
    Sims3PackCleaner.exe gives me a 'cannot execute binary file'. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Dashboard.exe keeps asking me for my root, but insists that I navigate there, and I can't navigate inside the app.
    However, when I cancel that window I can run Dashboard long enough to check one or two folders. After that it usually freezes for me.
    It doesn't really need to know where the root is, since that's not where I keep my package files any longer, I think. However, I do wonder whether my failure to provide a root directory has anything to do with the freezing.

Any ideas?
  • Julia526Julia526 Posts: 4,194 Member
    edited January 2012
    Make sure that you are not removing the file from the original folder. From the original folder drag the .exe file onto the terminal screen. Try that :)
    edited January 2012
    I didn't take it out of the folder, but I did store it in a subfolder where I keep all my 'mono' programs. Like I said, Dashboard works fine (with limitations) from there, but Custard doesn't.

However, taking out of the subfolder and putting it back on my desktop actually did the trick. :D

I'm glad you posted. I get discouraged easily when it comes to getting things to work with mono.
    Knowing it worked for you was just the little nudge I needed to try again. 8)

edited January 2012
    :D Glad to hear it!
    edited February 2012
    Bump
    edited February 2012
    Has anyone ever managed to get S3PE to work with Mono?
    edited March 2012
    I haven't
  • yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for this info! :D I will try when I find some time …
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • katherineex3katherineex3 Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    Thank you so much! I have spent hours trying to figure out how to work dashboard on my mac, and now after finding this it only took me a minute to do it :D
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2012
    I only know custard what do others do?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited April 2012
    Dashboard check Package CC files
  • missamazing2008missamazing2008 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Ooh, I might try this tomorrow!
  • livethinlivethin Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Hi! I'm a newbie on this forum but I play Sims since a long long time.

I play on a Mac so this I find this post really exciting!

I have tried with the Dashboard but I don't understand what to do with Monodevelop... :roll:

so here is the error message i have:

mini_326271Capturedcran20120519161219.png

Here is the text: -bash: mono: command not found

=> IT'S OKAY I FOUND! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ivansj1026ivansj1026 Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    I'm on a mac and I get the same thing as you did, how did you fix it?
  • EnCroixEnCroix Posts: 46
    edited November 2012
    Download what she said above. Make sure you have X11. Type the command "mono" into terminal without the quotation marks. Then drag and drop the .exe file from either of the programs onto the terminal. Once you see it's been copied onto the terminal, press enter.
    That's all there is to it. Make sure you followed the directions on the site you downloaded mono from and make sure they're both installed - you don't need to specifically open up either of them though.
  • sjmontgomery123sjmontgomery123 Posts: 19
    edited January 2013
    yeah me too... how do you fix this?
  • stefanie9888stefanie9888 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I still cannot get this to work. I am on a Mac 10.6.8 and I downloaded MonoDevelop (latest version) and I have both X11 and Xquartz.

All I keep getting in the terminal when I enter "mono" [space] and drag the Delphy .exe file over is "bash: mono: command not found"
  • IndianQueen_001IndianQueen_001 Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    This didn't work for me.

I downloaded mono and according to the site, the next step is to place "mono" in your library/frameworks.

I did that. Second, I extracted sims3PackCleaner.exe.

Third, I opened utilities/terminal and typed mono.

After that I dragged the sims3PackCleaner.exe to the terminal and pressed enter.

This is what I got:

-bash: mono: command not found
    unknownd49a20dd2174:~ rythmn2beat$

I NEED HELP!
  • IndianQueen_001IndianQueen_001 Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    :twisted: I am getting annoyed with EA and Sims and Delphy! None of your steps work for my MAC. I keep getting this:

Last login: Sat Mar 30 18:41:12 on ttys000
    unknownd49a20dd2174:~ rythmn2beat$ X11+mono(+ terminal)/Users/rythmn2beat/Desktop/S3U/Sims3Dashboard.exe
    -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `+'
    unknownd49a20dd2174:~ rythmn2beat$ :evil:

• williewoo14williewoo14 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I've been trying to do this, following the steps exactly but every time I try I get a very long message that starts off with "System.ArgumentException: The requested FontFamily could not be found [GDI+ status: FontFamilyNotFound]" and seems to keep repeating itself between things I don't understand :(

Is there anyone that can help me? I have OSX version 10.8.3
  • imperfectme13imperfectme13 Posts: 22
    edited June 2013
    I really need this to check my .packages. My game freezes, crashes, etc. frequently. But, anyway, I don't get it at all. How exactly do I open it in the first place? All the shows up when I download doesn't open at all. Please, please help :cry: :!:

Edit:: I figured out everything, but when I try to open Delphys Dashboard, it says access denied. Is this problem caused by my security settings??? Please help; I'm desperate!! :(:(:(:(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • odettevanderhoofodettevanderhoof Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    imperfectme,

I have the same problem. Don't give up yet, I have been working on finding a solution to this problem. Has nothing to do with security setting, it means this file is not actually executable on MAC. I'm surprised there are people getting this to work with these instructions at all...

hopefully I will have an answer within a couple of days, tomorrow ideally. If you have found a fix in the meantime, please let me know!
  • odettevanderhoofodettevanderhoof Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Okay, when you open terminal, you will need to make the file executable. you will type in chmod +x (then drag dashboard or custard here)

hit enter
    mono (drag file) enter

it should open. problems getting it to read files after it opens... let me know if that happens for anyone

*make sure to pay attention to where I have put spaces above. also, obviously when i tell you to frag something, don't type that into terminal, drag the file*
  • amyyjeanamyyjean Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    So when I download this, my file is .rar
    Where is the .exe file that i am supposed to drag? Since it is my mac, it doesn't recognize the file so I can't open it or anything. This is probably obvious, but I can't figure it out.
  • FridaydayFridayday Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I have tried both steps and for the first one I got back permission denied and the second one I got

"Unhandled Exception:
    System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.
    Megans-MacBook-Pro:~ Sophia$ "

Any ideas?