Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freezes when exiting

Whenever I save and try to exit my game freezes up. It does however still manage to save, it just wont exit the game. I can't even go to the desktop or minimize the game in any way, I end up always having to hit the reset button on my computer. I also noticed today that when I tried going to the main menu after saving it wouldn't let me do that either, did the same thing and froze up and I had to hit reset button! Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Michele1977Michele1977 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is a bug in the game for sure. Both me and my sister have had this problem. She has a high end desktop, I have a high end laptop. Basically It started out that when we would select the(save and quit)option the game would save and then crash while trying to quit or It would lock up the pc like yours does. I was kinda mad about that but felt a little better once I found out my save game was still working. Things went from bad to worse though. After about 10 human hours of playing, I tried to just (save) and the game crashed during the save! Went back to game and my family wouldn't load anymore. I was ****** for a few hours but found a way to restore my family to a backup but I lost 10 hours of progress :(

What I do now is save my game every 15 minutes so If one of these random game bug crashes happens I can just load the backup again and only lose 15 minutes of progress which I can live with. I have found many other bugs and weird things with this game and I may actually stop playing for a few months until this game gets fixed up properly.
  • lovableredlovablered Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. When I try to exit the game it just freezes and I have to restart my computer. I tried opening the Task Manager to force it to stop but it won't bring up anything else that is open.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    lovablered wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. When I try to exit the game it just freezes and I have to restart my computer. I tried opening the Task Manager to force it to stop but it won't bring up anything else that is open.

@lovablered,
    For anyone who may have any issues with either TS3 or TS4, these are links for New Members to post their issues in.
    Sims 3 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top