Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ZooProfessor's Beginning Builder's University: Complete Build a Farm course (links post 1)

1235...Next

Comments

• MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Zoo! I have a curious question for you to answer -- the next time you're online and come in here.

WHERE did you get the easel that you used up in *your* attic?? I think I had that one a few years ago, but now I can't find it. Nor do I have it in *my* purchase history. I really like it and would like to have it again.

Thanks!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hi Zoo! I have a curious question for you to answer -- the next time you're online and come in here.

WHERE did you get the easel that you used up in *your* attic?? I think I had that one a few years ago, but now I can't find it. Nor do I have it in *my* purchase history. I really like it and would like to have it again.

Thanks!!

Hi, Prissy!

That easel is a Store item, but I'm not sure which set it is from. It is old, I know that.

If I figure out where it is from I will post it.

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:

Thanks!!

Hi, Prissy!

That easel is a Store item, but I'm not sure which set it is from. It is old, I know that.

If I figure out where it is from I will post it.

Zoo

Thanks hon!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited June 2014
    Prissy,

Do me a favor and only comment on ONE of the Course 1 threads. I just don't want to annoy the people in Creative Corner by having three Zoo U Course 1 threads all getting bumped at the same time by the same people (you and me).

Also, please don't answer this post (unless you do it on my Sim page).

Every day I look at the Zoo U threads and if my post isn't the last one, I have to open that thread to check for questions or student photos or updates. That's how I am able to monitor all the threads from Zoo U and if I am NOT the last post, I post something so that I don't have to keep opening that thread every day.

You didn't do one thing wrong, and please don't view this as a complaint of anything you did. If you DO have a question or want to post photos of your lot or anything, please DO post on the course thread!

Thanks for your help,

Zoo
    oow785m
    edited June 2014
    Hey Prof Zoo?? I have a question regarding the "coloring" of the pool/pond.

Did you actually color the INSIDE of the pool before you used the pond tool?? I'm just wondering, because when you create a pool it's sort of "colored" already. And if you don't mind me asking another question .... I was just wondering if you had painted the lawn as well. I know it's *my* preference, but if you didn't on your build, wouldn't the lawn pale in contrast to the rest of the areas?

Thanks
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited June 2014
    MsPrissy88 wrote:
    Hey Prof Zoo?? I have a question regarding the "coloring" of the pool/pond.

Did you actually color the INSIDE of the pool before you used the pond tool?? I'm just wondering, because when you create a pool it's sort of "colored" already. And if you don't mind me asking another question .... I was just wondering if you had painted the lawn as well. I know it's *my* preference, but if you didn't on your build, wouldn't the lawn pale in contrast to the rest of the areas?

Thanks

Hi, Prissy!

If you want to make a swimmable pond the idea is to make it look as much like ONE thing, not two things crammed together, so it is essential that you recolor the walls and floor of the pool and to adjust the color until you get something as close to the pond as you possibly can. This will not work perfectly as the pond and pool do not reflect light in the same way and also they don't look the same at different times of day (so you might have a perfect match at midday, but two Sim hours later there is a slight difference in color. That can't be helped, but you can get really close and you can use landscaping in order to distract from the contrast in the pool and pond parts.

As to using terrain paints on the lawn, I ALWAYS use terrain paints, but you NEVER want to paint the entire lawn. Each world has a base color for the lawn. If you build a lot in one world and paint the entire lawn until it looks nice to you in that world, then upload it, people who download and put it into a DIFFERNT world will have something that just looks odd.

Better to let the base color alone, but to paint around and under plants and objects, especially use the paints to get bodies of water to look right. There is a Zoo U on basic landscaping (I think it might be course 8 but I'm not sure) and a Zoo U on advanced landscaping (it is course 13) and they both talk some about using terrain paints to best advantage.

Zoo
    oow785m