Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shattered Light - A Rainbowcy - Chapter 12: That Little Development (11/26/14) [Hiatus Continues]

shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
Hello all, and welcome to my Rainbowcy, Shattered Light. I have become addicted to berry sweet sims, and have decided to jump on the Rainbowcy Bandwagon (as I've heard it called) Please enjoy my story, and comment often! [:

I don't mind idle chatter here, in fact I enjoy it! :] Just no arguing. Also, I don't know if this needs to be said or not, but I don't mind if you tell me when you put up a new update. I think some people have issues with other people "advertising" on their thread, but it doesn't bother me.

Follow me on Tumblr! Prisimatic!

Like Shattered Light - A Rainbowcy on Facebook!

A Color Name Generator for great berry names

My second Rainbowcy Illumiate the Night Sky

You can call me Shogunfish or you can call me Tiare ('cause that's my pen name (; ) either one is fine! But don't think that my name has to do with guns, because it doesn't. I could go into that long explanation if somebody asks, but only if somebody asks.

For the next generations I will be using Fawkes skintones! ( Here is where I got them!)

Also here's a list of the other Rainbowcies that inspired me to start my own. Some are still pretty short, but I love them all the same! They are all wonderfull, and great reads, so check them out!
Skip45's Too Much Color Too Little Time
Berrypie27's Splash of Color
Nightlockfallen's Until My Color Fades Away
Altheaquin's Noir Nights
Jessu's the Lumière Rainbowcy
Writergurl97's The Rainbow Connection
Arrowleaf's Chasing Rainbows and Shades of the Poison Trees
Rusty333P's Melted Rainbows
Babygirl80Plyr 's Lost in Wonderland

Now including non-rainbow legacies:
Writergurl97's Tough Love (sadly cancelled due to tech issues, but I recommend that you read what there is)
FrugalMay's Equinox
Arrowleaf's Ignited
Thedarkmuse's Wells Legacy

shatteredlightchapters.jpg

Gen 1: Greth Prism

Prologue
Chapter 1: Part 1: Surprise, Surprise Part 2: Bubble Gum
Chapter 2: Part 1: The Friend Zone Part 2: The Turning Point
Chapter 3: The Light is On...
Chapter 4: Part 1: Where Do We Go From Here? Part 2: Sudden Changes
Chapter 5: Part 1: A New Life Part 2: Money Troubles
Chapter 6: A Discussion
Chapter 7: An Evening Out
Chapter 8: Family Commitments
Chapter 9: Finale

Gen 2: Cardinal Prism

Chapter 1: Freedom
Chapter 2: First Jobs
Chapter 3: Do Work
Chapter 4: Like Like
Chapter 5: PDA
Chapter 6: Birthday Dinner
Chapter 7: What the Heart Wants
Chapter 8: What Have We Never Done?
Chapter 9: Aftermath
Chapter 10: Making It Work
Chapter 11:Meaning?
Chapter 12: Generation 2 Finale

Gen 3: Amber Prism

Chapter 1: Amber
Chapter 2: Practice and Performance
Chapter 3: Not My Intention
Chapter 4: Reaction
Chapter 5: A Step Into Adulthood
Chapter 6: Only One?
Chapter 7: Quick Decision
Chapter 8: Darling
Chapter 9: Premature
Chapter 10: As His Own
Chapter 11: The Second
Chapter 12: Finale

Gen 4: Star Hope Prism

Chapter 1: My Two Best Friends
Chapter 2: The Invitation
Chapter 3: With You
Chapter 4: Pains From the Past
Chapter 5: Oliver's Story
Chapter 6: The Move
Chapter 7: The Announcement
Chapter 8: Planning
Chapter 9: Wedding
Chapter 10: The Deployment
Chapter 11: News I'd Love to Share
Chapter 12: Not So Lonely
Chapter 13: Homecoming
Chapter 14: Rest Time
Chapter 15: Back in Action
Chapter 16: Only A Flesh Wound
Chapter 17: Haunted
Chapter 18: Little Talks

Generation 5: Harlequin Jade Prism

Chapter 1: Ghosts of Yesterday
Chapter 2: Dead Man Walking
Chapter 3: More Silent than the Dead
Chapter 4: Skeletons in the Closet
Chapter 5: Skeletons out of the Closet
Chapter 6: Death of a Thousand Cuts
Chapter 7: Watery Grave
Chapter 8: City of the Undead
Chapter 9: The Kiss of Death
Chapter 10: Digging Your Own Grave
Chapter 11: Cats Have Nine Lives
Chapter 12: A Dead Man Tells No Tales
Chapter 13: Shootin' the Breeze
Chapter 14: The Bright Side of Life
Chapter 15: Life's Great Mysteries

Generation 6: Wistful Indigo Prism

Chapter 1: The Radio
New Link[\url]
Chapter 2:
A PerformanceNew Link[\url]
Chapter 3:
Moving Quickly New Link[\url
Chapter 4:
Changes New Link[\url]
Chapter 5:
3 Weeks New Link[\url]
Chapter 6:
A Little Downtime New Link[\url]
Chapter 7:
Emotions New Link[\url]
Chapter 8:
Risks and ConsequencesNew Link[\url]
Chapter 9:
Emotional TurmoilNew Link[\url]
Chapter 10:
Betrayals New Link[\url]
Chapter 11:
That's What Friends Are For New Link[\url]
Chapter 12:
Everyone Deserves Second Chances New Link[\url]
Chapter 13:
What I WantNew Link[\url]
Chapter 14:
A Real Fixer Upper New Link[\url]
Chapter 15:
Not Okay (in the Slightest) New Link[\url]
Chapter 16:
Finale New Link[\url]

Generation 7: Phlox Bordeaux Prism

Chapter 1:
Beginnings New Link[\url]
Chapter 2:
The Agreement New Link[\url]
Chapter 3:
Problems New Link[\url]
Chapter 4:
Someone Like You New Link[\url]
Chapter 5:
So Much For Small Steps
Chapter 6: Changes New Link[\url]
Chapter 7:
Meet the Parents New Link[\url]
Chapter 8:
Two Weddings and a Funeral New Link[\url]
Chapter 9:
What Matters New Link[\url]
Chapter 10:
Old Friends New Link[\url]
Chapter 11:
More Changes New Link
Chapter 12: That Little Development New Link

shatteredlightextras.jpg

Poses:
(go Here for pictures)
a_sho_shy1
a_sho_shy2
a_sho_shy3
Embrace
Together
Model!
Cuddle
Hug and Kiss
Relax
Car Poses

Tiny Little Generation 1 Valentine's Pictures
Easter Pic!
4th of July Picture! (scroll down)
Be-lated 1 Year Anniversary Pictures!

FanArt2.png

Babygirl80Plyr (Haley) -
Grethneyo.jpg
Cardinalscars.jpg
Amberover.jpg
Starglue.jpg
Screenshot-916-1.jpg
Prism1-1.jpg

jellyfluff -
ShogunfishPokecard.jpg[/quote]

NightlockFallen -
Shoofanart.jpg
Iveseenyoucry.jpg

Arrowleaf -
Happy300Pages.jpg

magic345w -
Fanartforshogunfish.jpg
1024.jpg?md=1356727698000

Milenchica -
iloveyouq.jpg
happy300pages.jpg
harlequinjadeprism.gif
tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
Post edited by shogunfish on

Comments

• shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited April 2014
    Prologue

I'm sure that by now you can all guess how my life started. Boring. My name is Greth, which is a Norwegian name meaning Pearl. That's exactly how I would describe myself. Not that I'm pretty like a Pearl, but do you know how pearls are formed? Through constantly irritating the oyster. That is how I would consider that I become who I am, by constantly irritating my parents. It wasn't on purpose, but everything I did bothered them.

screenshot_original.jpg

So once I was old enough to move out on my own that's what I did. I moved out of the blank page I called home and into Apple Pie Plains. The Berry Sweetest place I've ever seen. This is me.

screenshot_original.jpg

I didn't have a whole lot of money, so I bought myself a nice little house. It was white, of course it was. As much as I wanted color I didn't know how to put color into my life without going overboard.

screenshot_original.jpg

The only color for me was in my painting. I could paint all of the color that I dreamed of, and never have to worry about overloading myself. The first thing I bought in Apple Pie Plains was a paint brush (since my parents didn't allow it at home)

screenshot_original.jpg

When I got bored of painting I decided to go outside and read the newspaper. That way I could get myself acquainted with the town without embarrasing myself. Unfortunatly I didn't avoid meeting anyone. Well, I wouldn't say unfortunatly.

screenshot_original.jpg

"Hi" He said, "I'm Red, and you are?"
    "I'm Greth..." I said, embarrassed. I had never liked my name, it always sounded weird when I said it aloud.
    "Greth?" He asked.
    "Yeah, it means Pearl in Norwegian." I told him.
    "Oh. Fitting."

screenshot_original.jpg

We talked for a while, and the whole time I had a burning desire to ask if he was dating somebody, but I knew that would be too forward and I resisted.

screenshot_original.jpg

I did, however, get up the courage to invite him inside. Though I regretted it, because as long as we were outside I could ignore the fact that my house was so small and plain. But it was too late.

screenshot_original.jpg

He seemed apprehensive to come in, which was a sign to me that he had a girlfriend, but he came in nonetheless. He didn't stay long, though.
    "It was nice meeting you, Greth." He said, "But I've got to get to work."

screenshot_original.jpg

"See you!" He waved, walking out my door.
    I didn't say anything, I just watched him leave. I whispered "Bye" after he closed the door.

screenshot_original.jpg

I went and laid on my bed. Life in Apple Pie Plains was going to be different, but other than that I had no idea what to expect.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2012
    Also, could somebody possibly help me make the names of the stories a link to the post. I can't figure out how to do that.
  • SamilinaSamilina Posts: 14,229 New Member
    edited January 2012
    [url*=*link here*]*writing here*[/*url]

:) Remove the stars, and then it shows up like this

I love the story, and Apple Pie Plains? I just about died when I heard that *so cute!!!*
    edited January 2012
    Thank you! I spent a while trying to think of a good berry sweet name for it!

Also thank you for the instructions on linking!
    edited January 2012
    Okay. I think I should have researched this a little before I started, but I made a banner to use (in Photoshop) how do I get the image so that I can put it on my signature? Is there a way to do it not using photo bucket?
  • JessuJessu Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited January 2012
    shogunfish wrote:
    Okay. I think I should have researched this a little before I started, but I made a banner to use (in Photoshop) how do I get the image so that I can put it on my signature? Is there a way to do it not using photo bucket?

Nope hon you have to use a picture hosting site. D:
    [url=YOUR STORY THREAD LINK][img]YOUR IMG URL[/img][/url]

If you already knew that I am so sorry >.< I think that was what you are asking. Or just yah you gots to use a hosting site like Photobucket. I personally like Photobucket though. :(
    Z0TPLTk.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Chapter 1: Part 1: Surprise, Surprise

screenshot_original.jpg

My first painting ended up looking a little weird. I'm not even sure what it was supposed to be, but I was okay with that. After all I was pretty new to this whole 'color' thing. I promised myself that I would do better next time...

screenshot_original.jpg

I don't think that I kept that promise with myself. I consoled myself with the fact that this time I could tell what it was, even if it was just blobby color. I called it the Aurora Borialus.

screenshot_original.jpg

After that I started to see a theme. Most of the paintings were too embarrasing and I didn't want anyone to see them, but they all had one color in common. I decided that I had to get it off my mind, so I went out to get the newspaper.

screenshot_original.jpg

I was startled when I went outside. At first I didn't notice him. Until he said:
    "Hey, Greth."
    "Hey... Red." I looked over at him. "What's up?"
    "Um... I don't know. I just wanted to talk."
    I was jumping up and down like a little girl on the inside.
    "About what?"

screenshot_original.jpg

I walked over to him.
    "I need your help with something." He told me.
    Deep breaths, Greth. I told myself. I don't know what it was about Red, but I couldn't hold still around him.
    "With... my girlfriend..." He said.
    Suddenly I stopped moving. Those two words. 'My girlfriend'.

screenshot_original.jpg

"Greth?" He asked, "Are you okay?"
    "Um... I don't know her, and I don't know you very well, I'm not sure what help I could be."
    "Please. You seem really nice, and I think you two could be friends. I just need your help."
    "With what?" I sighed.
    "I want you to meet her. Some of her friends moved away and she's been really sad."
    You want me to hang out with your girlfriend?!? You really have no people skills, do you? I thought. But that's not what I said. "Um... yeah, I could meet her."
    "Thank you so much! I really owe you one! Here's my phone number, I'll call you tomorrow!" He said, running off.

screenshot_original.jpg

As soon as he left I went back inside. I regretted not being forward the day before, because though I would have been shot down I wouldn't have to pretend to be friends with his girlfriend. I knew I didn't have to, but even though he was being inconsiderate a little part of me felt the need to be nice.

Although another little part of me didn't. That part said "Actually, don't call me tomorrow" as I closed the door behind myself.
    edited January 2012
    Jessu wrote:
    shogunfish wrote:

If you already knew that I am so sorry >.< I think that was what you are asking. Or just yah you gots to use a hosting site like Photobucket. I personally like Photobucket though. :(

That's kind of what I was afraid of. I've never used Photobucket :oops: so... yeah
  • JessuJessu Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited January 2012
    shogunfish wrote:
    Jessu wrote:
    shogunfish wrote:

That's kind of what I was afraid of. I've never used Photobucket :oops: so... yeah

Oh it's super easy. Even using Imageshack is cool too. :3 You don't have to use just one specific one, even Tinypic is good too! I mean just look around for something you are comfortable with and if you don't want to signup for something you don't have to! I have just used Photobucket forever now. D:!
    Z0TPLTk.jpg
    edited January 2012
    Ok. I'll check all of those out. Thanks!
  • Skip45Skip45 Posts: 19,876 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Very cute start.
    ^-^
    Although, I must admit.
    Him having girlfriend = broken heart.
    D;
    edited January 2012
    Thank you! I was worried that the start would be a little awkward, because I didn't know what to do besides dive right into the story. I'm glad it's working out. :)

Edit: Grammar...
  • SamilinaSamilina Posts: 14,229 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Skip45 wrote:
    Very cute start.
    ^-^
    Although, I must admit.
    Him having girlfriend = broken heart.
    D;

That goes without saying, my dear Skippeh. It goes without saying...
  • WriterGurl97WriterGurl97 Posts: 6,087 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I like Greth. She's really pretty, and has a few insecurities which I find cute! Ugh, Red: WHY U NO SINGLE?

;D

Great Start!
    edited January 2012
    Thank you!

I've got another snow day tomorrow so I'll at least get chapter 1 part 2 up. After that the updates should slow down (unless the snow doesn't go away :) )

Yay, page 2!
    edited July 2013
    Chapter 1: Part 2: Bubble Gum

screenshot_original.jpg

True to his word Red called me the next morning. I knew there was an easy way out; not answer the phone, but that nice part of me didn't want to be rude, especially to Red.
    "Hello." I said.
    "Hey! So are you free to hang out today?"
    He's giving you a way out I thought. But I feigned happiness and said, "Sure!"
    "Great! Meet Bubble Gum and I at the consignment store downtown."
    "Okay. See you there." I hung up the phone and put my hand on my face. "What am I getting myself into?"

screenshot_original.jpg

But the foolish part of me led me to where Red was. I called a cab and went to meet them, the whole time wondering why I was doing this to myself.
    I don't want to hang out with his girlfriend, it's not too late to cancel... is it?

screenshot_original.jpg

I was startled when I saw her. I almost blurted out "You're dating her" But I managed to keep it inside my head.
    "This is Bubble Gum." Red told me.
    "Hi, Bubble Gum." I said.
    He turned to "Bubble Gum, this is Greth."
    "Greth?" She asked.
    I took a deep breath. "Yes, Greth, it means Pearl in Norwegian." I clarified.
    "Oh..."
    "See you two later!" Red called on his way out.
    You're leaving me with her I screamed in my head.

screenshot_original.jpg

"Okay, Greth we're going to have so much fun!" Every time she said my name she put a mean little inflection on it.
    I didn't particularly enjoy shopping, but I was doing this for Red. That's what I was telling myself the whole time I'm doing this for Red... I'm doing this for Red It was justification enough.

screenshot_original.jpg

I suffered through a whole afternoon of (insert valley girl voice here) "Oh This is cute!" and "Ugh, this is ugly" and "O-M-B!" wincing every time something came out of her mouth.

screenshot_original.jpg

I pretty much stood in the same place the whole time, nodding and smiling when she asked my opinion. And the smaller the clothes were the more into it I pretended to be, since that seemed like the deciding factor with her and clothes.
    "What do you think of this one?" She asked.
    When I wanted to say Your skirt is shorter than you underwear Instead I said "I especially like the skirt!"

screenshot_original.jpg

After we were done shopping we drove to a little bistro on the other side of town and met Red.
    We breifly discussed the afternoon and I tried to say nice things, but the conversation eventually shifted.
    Red and I got to talking and it turned out that we had a lot in common. For nearly half an hour we totally forgot to involve Bubble Gum in any way, which did not make her happy. After we finished eating she grabbed Red by the hand and tried to drag him to the taxi she had called.

screenshot_original.jpg

"Thank you so much for doing this!" He told me, "It sounds like you two had a really great time!"
    I nodded and smiled.
    He turned and grabbed Bubble Gum's hand, "See you later, Greth!"
    "See you... Red." I sighed. I called a taxi to take me home. "What am I doing?"
    edited January 2012
    So... what's up people who are reading?
  • rainstormedrainstormed Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2012
    I really, really like it so far! Greth is super cute. :D
    edited January 2012
    Thank you! I wanted to make her relatable.

Also even though your Rainbowcy isn't working :( I put it on the list of rainbowcies that inspired me! I really liked what there was of it!
    edited January 2012
    Aww, thank you! I did get a new one up today. So hopefully I won't have any problems this time. *fingers crossed*
    edited January 2012
    Can you give me a link. I can't seem to find it (i'm terrible at finding threads... :oops: )
    edited January 2012
    edited January 2012
    Ok. I got it bookmarked!
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,317 Member
    edited January 2012
    @Shogunfish
    This is a great thread. :thumbup:

Bookmarked.

I look forward to see more :)
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited January 2012
    Yay! Thank you!

If the snow continues here I will continue to update quickly. I'm trying to do no more than one update per day and no less than one per week.