Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alpha City - Cyberpunk World (July 16 update, page 31)

Comments

• Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Your building a amazing world, the design reminds me of syndicate mixed with a splash of shadowrun.
    :mrgreen:
  • steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the compliments guys! :)
    For all those who need it, I finally got the time to write a tutorial on how to make buildings over 15 floors:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=391107

Also, as you can see from this, I got my game working nicely again, but I haven't yet opened CAW, so let's hope that works just as well...
  • SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2012
    For all those who need it, I finally got the time to write a tutorial on how to make buildings over 15 floors:

Also, as you can see from this, I got my game working nicely again, but I haven't yet opened CAW, so let's hope that works just as well...

Veyr nice, I was thinking of building the GM tower in Detroit, as I live in Windsor, then Again I might just test to see how tall you can actually go. Watch me reach floor 267 and be like -Makes a small apartment-
    edited March 2012

Veyr nice, I was thinking of building the GM tower in Detroit, as I live in Windsor, then Again I might just test to see how tall you can actually go. Watch me reach floor 267 and be like -Makes a small apartment-

For that specific one, when I tried going over 56, it cut off the top. It looked like I was in the walls down view on the top floor, only there was no way to change it. Alpha City Tower is in the 40 floor range, but much closer to sea level than the lot I used for that tutorial, so I really don't know if it could be taller.
    edited March 2012

For that specific one, when I tried going over 56, it cut off the top. It looked like I was in the walls down view on the top floor, only there was no way to change it. Alpha City Tower is in the 40 floor range, but much closer to sea level than the lot I used for that tutorial, so I really don't know if it could be taller.

Oh you know what, The building is hitting the ceiling. You can nset it to a max of 300 without super CAW. I think in super CAW you can set it to like 2000.

Its probably hitting the ceiling XD
    edited March 2012
    I think the GM building is like, 62 floors. I counted once when i was like, 12. XD
  • Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the tutorial, and I have to say that this world rather reminds me of Steelport, from SR3, And I love it!
    edited April 2012
    Great news, guy! I finally have the time resume work on the world. :D I've also finally updated my graphics drivers, and my game now runs smoother on max graphics as it did on high, so expect the next screenshots to look even better.
    edited April 2012
    Update! Alpha City is now officially Showtime compatible, I've at the very least begun each type of venue. I've also updated a few buildings to include Showtime elements, completely changed the library, and added A LOT more signs and billboards all over.
    And now, for pics...

One of the plazas in the downtown:
    alpha01.png

The new library:
    alpha02.png

New stadium and updated island:
    alpha03.png

Showtime park and an Egyptian themed club:
    alpha04.png

One of the cliffside homes:
    alpha05.png

New school:
    alpha06.png

Looking toward the central plaza:
    alpha07.png

Regular apartments, beside the artist area:
    alpha08.png

Country-themed dive bar (with mechanical bull):
    alpha09.png

New criminal hideout:
    alpha10.png

Coffeehouse:
    alpha11.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2012
    Bump
    edited April 2012
    Nice update-I've always loved the look of this world!
  • RafreaknRaRafreaknRa Posts: 11 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm in love with this world. Can't wait!
  • collgabcollgab Posts: 53
    edited April 2012
    Looks amazing, really looking forward to this :)
  • lolidollilolidolli Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    I hope you release this world soon. I've been stalking this thread for a while now. ♥
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited April 2012
    Looks even better :D Can't wait for it to be finished ^_^
  • AutumnLoveStoryAutumnLoveStory Posts: 101 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I really hope your town will be finished soon. It looks really great. I can't wait. =)
  • Booo13Booo13 Posts: 54
    edited April 2012
    I have a feeling this is going to be the next best sims 3 world. :D
    edited April 2012
    Have you made your own custom weather for this world?
    edited April 2012
    Lennon777 wrote:
    Have you made your own custom weather for this world?

When I finish the world, I will back it up (of course) and use S3PE to give it the Bridgeport weather, which I may attempt to modify a bit. I will probably also change the sunrise and sunset times a bit.
  • AdriadeAdriade Posts: 32 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Looks great!

The Hive! Complete with augmented people? It is from Deus Ex, unless there is another Hive club I'm unaware of.
    edited April 2012
    Adriade wrote:
    Looks great!

The Hive! Complete with augmented people? It is from Deus Ex, unless there is another Hive club I'm unaware of.

Yes, it is from Deus Ex :lol: Unfortunately, we can't make augs/cyborgs, or else I'd have quite a few of those ready to populate this world.
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited April 2012
    the lots you have built look amazing! I can't wait to see what else you create
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Looks awesome! Those new rabbit hole venues certainly fit in will with the city. :)
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the compliments! :D

Minor update: I'm in the middle of my exam period, so I really don't have much time for working on this, but I'll be free in a week. :lol: I've done a bit of work, and the next photo update will have some rather interesting designs, some of which I saw in dreams.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't actually dream of the Sims, but I do sometimes see interesting architecture, some of which I've replicated (or attempted to).
    edited April 2012
    I had my last exam this morning, so I now have a lot more free time to work on this world and hopefully finish it before the end of the summer. :D