Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content does not show up in game

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited May 2014
    You will find it either as a community lot or residential lot. Go to either "Edit Town" or start a new game and when you see CAS, check out your lots. You can then place a copy in your world.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    nightskyobservernightskyobserver Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I tried this also and it worked great! I don't know how you thought of this, but I'm sure glad you did! Too bad I didn't find this sooner. :D
  • Options
    od1e911od1e911 Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I know I'm just adding to the number of people that have posted, but I thought I would say something. I've looked around on other sites about this, but there was little help, so I figure this is the best thing I can do for now.

I have read through most of this thread, followed the advice on the Mac help page that was linked, AND gone through steps other people listed here, but I still cannot see my store content in-game.

I have uninstalled/deleted all of my store content from the launcher and reinstalled/downloaded just a few select pieces (I really want to use the Milkin' it Dairy Corral, Grandpa's Grove Tractor, and the Fowl and Feathers Chicken Coop!!) several times.

I've cleared the DCCache and DCBackup files a number of times and then re-downloaded/installed. I also deleted the files listed in other posts on this thread (like from xchloe1998x's list; I didn't try epsilent's, however, because I don't want to lose any saved games).

I've considered uninstalling and reinstalling my games, but I'm not desperate enough to do that. Anyway, if I figure something out, I'll be sure to post.
    UPDATE- this didn't fix my problem (I had a corrupt file from 3rd party mods and had to re-install to fix it), but it's supposed to address most issues.

Clearing your cache:
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clear-your-cache-for-the-sims-3-on-a-mac/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited May 2014
    There is nothing to figure out. There is no 100% solution. It is something that randomly happens no matter what you have installed, which patch level you are on etc.

Believe me, I have wasted a lot of time researching and testing this. Mine's showing up for now but I fully expect it to randomly disappear again, like it did a few months ago.

Please, just accept that we cannot find a common denominator for this problem. Just accept it and move on.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    simmerstarxsimmerstarx Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    When I play my game I put custom content init but it wont show up in my installed content or my games I really want this problem resolved because I tried reinstalling all of my games twice and it still hasn't shown
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Do you have the "Show Custom Content" button checked?
  • Options
    slakeyslakey Posts: 396 Member
    edited June 2014
    So I've downloaded some dogs from the Exchange but they are not showing up in the CaS/CaP screen.

Any idea how to fix it?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Do they show up in the downloaded content in your Launcher? If they do not, then something did not install correctly.
  • Options
    SimsFan33XDSimsFan33XD Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2014
    :(

Threadcromancy....

I had this piece of s**t problem. It is really sucky.

I had to wait for the newest s**tty patch.
  • Options
    SimsFan33XDSimsFan33XD Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2014
    There is nothing to figure out. There is no 100% solution. It is something that randomly happens no matter what you have installed, which patch level you are on etc.

Believe me, I have wasted a lot of time researching and testing this. Mine's showing up for now but I fully expect it to randomly disappear again, like it did a few months ago.

Please, just accept that we cannot find a common denominator for this problem. Just accept it and move on.

Agreed. I finally found this thread. The most latest patch had for some reason fixed my problem. When it first started I installed the Awesome mod and that had fixed it.

I also expect my custom content to glitch out at any moment.
  • Options
    hontohaunterhontohaunter Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I have read this forum and I have tried every solution that I could (I am unacquainted with this computer as I only use it once every few weeks). None of my cc works. none. zip. zilch. I am so sick and tired of ea screwing us over for a dollar. Do they not realize that if people do not support Sims 4 it will flop? Any way, I am so tired of not being able to play the game I love because those greedy, lazy ***** won't get their rears in gear and actually fix their own freaking mistakes! All the people I know who play sims were so excited for sims 4 but none of us want to deal with the same problems in sims 4. If they can't get their act together for this game how can they in the future. Sorry for the rant. Tired of not being able to play Sims 3. Never installed any mods. no longer have any cc except store bought. I am using a mac for sims because my ancient pc hasn't been able to run sims in a great long time... To all users with this problem I hope some one comes up with a solution. To EA, Get your act together other wise who in the right mind would buy ANYTHING else from you if they know that you can't fix your mistakes.
    -An exhausted, frustrated, busy long term simmer
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Since you don't use Macs all that often, here are three handy threads that should help you get your game running at least smoothly.

Read over BlueBellFlora's thread and it should help you.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/748338.page
  • Options
    Coorslover123Coorslover123 Posts: 10
    edited July 2014
    Okay, its actually pretty simple to fix. First, you need to create a Mods folder. If you follow the link it covers everything you need: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Now you need to follow this link : http://modthesims.info/d/364038 It will install the Sims3Pack Multi Installer. This extracts the PACKAGE file from the .sims3pack file. Move this to the Packages folder inside your Mods folder. The second link will show you how to use it (dont worry, its really easy!). Make sure you extract the PACKAGE files to you Packages folder!!!! Now restart your game and all your CC should be working again.
  • Options
    qwertykeys22qwertykeys22 Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    HI try fixing this by deleting the cc that doesn't show up then re download it from wherever. :thumbup: that should fix it if i doesn't i cant help ya :lol:
  • Options
    AGJEAGJE Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    this happens to me all the time!!!! ugh and some stuff shows and some doesn't, it goes to installed content then doesn't work! also pose player or any other mod wont work!! I do everything I'm supposed to and try it several different ways more than once and it still doesn't work! I have a mac so I think thats part of the problem :twisted: :?: :( :?
  • Options
    wolfsonadwolfsonad Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    I've been having the same problem, but the cc thats disappearing is only from the store, but is from the exchange and Sims resource too. I'm on a mac and this only happened a couple weeks back, before it was all working just fine. I'm really confused on the link people post as the solution, and as far is I know, the game never made any folders on my computor. please help
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I've been having the same problem, but the cc thats disappearing is only from the store, but is from the exchange and Sims resource too. I'm on a mac and this only happened a couple weeks back, before it was all working just fine. I'm really confused on the link people post as the solution, and as far is I know, the game never made any folders on my computor. please help
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sorry i didnt mean to post that twice... my computers glitching
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I tried reinstalling and checking the box to run without cc multiple times to see if thats the problem
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If you're only running with CC from the Store, then you would not need the Mods folder. The Mods folder is only if you install Mods or CC from 3rd party sites that package their CC as package files instead of Sims3packs.
  • Options
    DaTwigssnapersDaTwigssnapers Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Yesterday My CC Wasnt Working But Now It Is! Before You Start The Game Make Sure To Click The Little Box That Says Select All Then Start The Game! :lol: When I Did That Just A Couple Mins Ago It Worked!
  • Options
    MistyKittyJazzyMistyKittyJazzy Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    guys/gals, I'm having the same issue. So we're all in the same HUGE boat with this sims hacked objects NOT showing up in our Sims 3 games (with or with out expansion packs) :( I think we oughtta protest against Origin for this problem and tell them to get their act together and their rears in gear and fix this issue. *hands protest signs out to everyone*
  • Options
    emilyant2002emilyant2002 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Hi guys I'm having this problem to I have uninstalled it many times I've notîced u have to go into the game go to create a sim press the shopping bag and hit the top right thing and donlode it… well I did and it still dosen't work I have had cc for a while but I got some bad cc and had to uninstall some but when I went back onto the game all the things I bought was gone :cry: as I said I have uninstalled MANY times and I would really have an answer to this bug, without using any mods

Thank you for reading and hopefully one if us will figure out something or even EA :wink:
  • Options
    gabyana1230gabyana1230 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a similar problem.

I had already downloaded some sims3packs along with .package files(in the right folders of course) and then one day my game wouldn't load, the screen was black forever. The last thing I download was a week before It happened. I re-installed my game, re-installed my cc, did a factory reset, ran without the mods folder, replaced my cc.merged ect. But my cc still doesn't show up in my game, even though its in my launcher and it says that its downloaded. Plus, I can't reinstall my game right now because my friend in borrowing my base game disk. I don't know what to do anymore:/
  • Options
    Did your game run on Factory reset? If it did, then the problem is one of your items of CC is bad and is causing your game to not load. More than likely it is an item from a third party site and not from the Sims 3 Store.