Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vargfjell, the Rugged Land of Vikings and Tyrants

191011121315...Next

Comments

• Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2017
    This thread has been dead for several years, as I have been posting updates on Vargfjell toTumblr. A new version of the world can be downloaded here for Island Paradise, despite how long ago that expansion pack came out. This is the last time I intend on revamping this world. I tested this version several times on my own, but if you find any serious errors, regarding routing, glitches, grammatical errors, or even just story inconsistencies, please report them here.
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Grabbed this yesterday,and spent most of the day playing in this world.Excellent work as always.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    loved the original and snatched a copy of your newly updated one. I hope to have lots of fun exploring your updated version. B)
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Quailhogs I don't know whether you still check this thread but here's some feedback on the recent version of Vargfjell, which I just discovered a few days ago. I am currently playing the previous version so the point of reference for comparison is rather fresh.

(1) I really like the changes to the layout and the new buildings and tombs but I worry that the decision to place the Big Park (Envirodome) and the Equestrian Center on a separate island isn't such a good idea. The equestrian center is hardly reachable with a horse and a Big Park attracts a lot of visitors; too much boat traffic might slow the game down. But these are minor, and probably personal issues.

Now on to the more structural problems I have encountered so far:

(2) The world now has 4 MiniSims in the file that bog down the population data and mess with several family trees. As far as I can see you replaced Untitled Martinov with an Agata Varland who is now with her former family again. But Untitled's data are still in the game and a duplicate of Agata, too, which breaks all family trees that involve her.
    Something similar happened with Christian Sanguine, who now exists twice, one properly and the other one as additional data garbage, breaking the whole Sanguine family tree.
    And the 4th I cannot remember right now but I think it's a member of the Koleriske family.
    All can be fixed by users who use MasterController and perform Total Annihilation on those four MiniSims, but people who don't will encounter the broken trees after a while.
    (3) You added an elder lady as a social worker (Stagsnout or somesuch). The game deletes her after a few minutes. I don't know why, but as she's the mother of another resident her loss is somehow undesirable. According to the Services tuning file the default number of social workers is 1. Maybe the game deletes her because you set up 2. (?)
    (4) Or maybe she gets deleted due to something else I found in the population data: You moved several homeless Sims into the Service pool, e.g. some male members of the Melankoli family. However, this transition process did not go trouble-free. Maximilian Melankoli, the burglar, is still in the homeless pool and not properly transferred to the Service household. There are several former homeless Sims that now have erroneous character data due to this transfer. I can imagine that this could create issues after a while.

Some other, but minor things:
    (5) The world now misses the Arboretum und Vault of Antiquity rabbitholes.
    (6) The sims3pack also installs the Switt household into the library bin.

And finally an advice to players:
    (7) I loaded the new version several times and encountered the same issue repeatedly, namely that some families now load with their needs stuck, i.e. their motives are locked. After getting rid of the MiniSims (see above) it might be a good idea to either reset all residents or move each family out and back in again in Edit Town to reset their motive managers. Do this after getting rid of the broken characters (MiniSims) because otherwise it might prevent you from moving households back in.

I apologise for this wall of text, but I thought that you might want to know about these things.
  • Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2017
    Snapdragon: Well, that ain't good. I'll take a look. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    Edit: It seems like this "minisims" issue is beyond my comprehension since Master Controller does not register that the duplicate Sims exist when I go to permanently delete them. Routing issues I can deal with. They are annoying, but they are somewhat easy to understand and fix. I haven't the faintest clue how to deal with corrupt, partially-existent Sims.
    Post edited by Quailhogs on
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    @Quailhogs : When in game you go the following path: NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Advanced/TotalAnnihilation/Type of Sim/Local Mini Sim. There should be four listed, none of them have a thumbnail and they all show a negative age (-7 at my age settings).

Most of the issues I listed above can be fixed by players themselves, if they use MasterController, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top