Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S3SBrowser - A tool to keep your store purchases organised

Comments

• BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited December 2011
    Should this take up a large portion of space on my hard drive? I've lost almost 10 GB after installing this program.
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited December 2011
    Before I do everything I own, when you get a chance please let me know if this style/format is ok:

009.png

Done as a 200x200 png file.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2011
    Blythelyre wrote:
    Should this take up a large portion of space on my hard drive? I've lost almost 10 GB after installing this program.

Very strange. This should not happen. I've reinstalled and couldn't even tell how much it takes up. The pictures are the biggest files. The XML File is about 3 MB (barley).

Really don't know how that happened. I would suggest uninstalling the program and see if that frees the whole 10 GB

@elanorbreton: Looks great. I sent you a gift yesterday with my email. Did you get it.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @elanorbreton: Looks great. I sent you a gift yesterday with my email. Did you get it.
    Wow, good job you said or I wouldn't have known. Didn't get a mail but I just checked and the gift is in my purchase history - thank you, it's lovely. I'll include a pic of it with my items, lol!

Have done about 50 pics so far, a very small dent indeed if there are 3000!
    edited December 2011
    So you didn't get the message that came with it ?

:(
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2011
    OK, I'm done copying the pics and have uploaded: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?65kk74qwh295p80

It's around 700 pictures so far. If everyone chips in, we'll get them together.

I'll go picture hunting on this forum later tonight.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    So you didn't get the message that came with it ?

:(
    No, and you've got me intrigued now... are you on Facebook? Cos you could message me privately on there. I'd give you my email, but not on here lol. Or is there private messaging at Nraas? Or I've got an old profile at TSR, I'm sure I can still get in there...
    edited December 2011
    Nraas should work. Same Nick on there.

I'm also on MTS, don't have a TSR account.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Blythelyre wrote:

Very strange. This should not happen. I've reinstalled and couldn't even tell how much it takes up. The pictures are the biggest files. The XML File is about 3 MB (barley).

Really don't know how that happened. I would suggest uninstalling the program and see if that frees the whole 10 GB

It didn't. I clicked on the install/update store data (I think that's the right one), and changed the path for images and since I use the CC Magic, I had it check the entire EA folder under documents (now that I think about it...that wasn't too bright of me.) It started to work on the files, then crashed. My computer sent me an error message telling me I didn't have enough space on my hard drive and when I checked, I noticed I had lost about 10GB.

I uninstalled, reinstalled. Did a system restore back to that morning. It didn't help, so I'm assuming the extra data is in my documents folder somewhere.
    edited December 2011
    Ah, ok. I think I know what happened. The program probably copied all your stuff to the base path of the program. I told hubby to get rid of the install/update store data button. It causes more trouble than it worth.

Go to s3sbroswer folder in documents and check if you have any ea files in there and if so, simply delete them. You can actually delete the entire folder and start over from there. If it's not there, search for any file you had and see if it's in a second folder on your HD
    AHQ Tutorial

• SunnyBelleSunnyBelle Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited December 2011
    Hi Crin

Hope you are feeling better today :)

I was sound asleep while you've been busy sorting out the image problems I have been having. Woke to find you have put 700 images into a .rar file.

Spent 30 mins trying to find a free program that would expand the file for me. No luck unfortuantely. So I think I will have to be patient and go to EA site and download each item and put it into the sub folders manually. I will let you know how that goes soon.

Thankyou so much for all your hard work and while your not feeling the best.

Take care

- SunnyBelle :)
    edited December 2011
    This should work: http://www.rarlab.com/

It's free for 60 days. After that you get a nag screen.

I am feeling better. Still exhausted but other than that I'm fine.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    This should work: http://www.rarlab.com/

It's free for 60 days. After that you get a nag screen.

I am feeling better. Still exhausted but other than that I'm fine.

Pleased you are feeling better. I have days when I am exhausted after attacks (Heart condition) Thanks for the link :)
    edited December 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Ah, ok. I think I know what happened. The program probably copied all your stuff to the base path of the program. I told hubby to get rid of the install/update store data button. It causes more trouble than it worth.

Go to s3sbroswer folder in documents and check if you have any ea files in there and if so, simply delete them. You can actually delete the entire folder and start over from there. If it's not there, search for any file you had and see if it's in a second folder on your HD

It did create a duplicate folder in the same folder it was pulling the information from. Thank you!
    edited December 2011
    Glad you found it.

I've gotten lots of ingame pics. If anyone else wants to provide some, please concentrate on clothing. I have no new ones there, only the ones I've already uploaded.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Glad you found it.

I've gotten lots of ingame pics. If anyone else wants to provide some, please concentrate on clothing. I have no new ones there, only the ones I've already uploaded.

Will try! For now here are some simpack file names you don't have.

Window Slats
    0xf87156f08ceb42f4aa7212ff1dcc8f23
    windowMidCModernSlats

Laddered Window
    0xfb5b5f0df713414ea76739365c85c3d0
    windowMidCModTileable

Lloyd Wright Bookshelf
    0xa244caaf23b547979b57991a7499b5bf
    bookshelfMidCMod2x1

Loving Loveseat
    0x4576b58543eb4e43ae6f220fec1d1c99
    loveseatMidCMod

Office Door
    0x81e2887e71c14026b9d0e2cdb9927a06
    doorSingleMidCModOffice

After Dark Ensemble
    0x82b981bec844444094e48a873aaba22c
    afBodyEverydayEmo

Cant Commit Outfit
    0x9ef16caf1e2f4e5eaf9d3f350b57d900
    afBodyEverydaySweaterLoose

Cowl Necked
    0x8949592e2ad4464b85dcb371e325c333
    afBodyEverydaySweaterAsym

I'll do more later.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited December 2011
    Thanks a bunch.

Working on an update right now. I have tons of new pictures and I a list of the sims3pack names. Working on getting everthing in the database. Hoping to have it ready for you guy tonight.
    AHQ Tutorial

• jpmassautjpmassaut Posts: 249
    edited December 2011
    if anybody is intrested for the store set and compilation pictures
    i finaly have all the pics in place.

Minus some pics of store sets that where not availeble to me becouse they were
    American store sets.

I just used the standard size that they were on the sims 3 store.

Also since i never shared files on the net can sombody tell me where i could upload the pack of pics?
    the file is just slightly under 6mb in rar format.

Note

crinrict if you have gmail or skype i could mail you teh rar file so you can put the files up yourself.

anyway if you can receive these files by teh above means let me know

• ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2011
    I tired your S3S Browser, and something happened to where the program crashed my computer. I tired to reinstall it again, but it said the program was already installed. Can't find it, however. I was able to uninstall it via the Control Panel.

And eventually, I was able to install it. But the interface is something I'm not a fan of. Sorry.

Is there a "lite" version of this where it is just a checklist of sorts? I'm thinking something that has the interface of the Sets page in the browser, but when you click the sets, you get a list of item names with thumbnails rather than large images in a metrics table.

EDIT: Here's a really bad MSPaint mock up of a "lite" version that I would like to see, if at all possible.

2w6ewwo.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the idea and feedback.

There's isn't something like this atm.

I can export almost any list you want (with pics or without) but trouble is that I would need to redo the list every time there's an update in the store.

If there are more people who'd want something like this, I'll be glad to look into it but I can't do every user individually.
    AHQ Tutorial

• ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2011
    Well, it's not "every unique user" kind of thing. It's more of a "Here's a version with a ton of information" and a "Here's a version that's just a checklist with bare minimum information." That's all.

In the mean time, I'm going to try my best not to go insane while I double check my DLC.
    edited December 2011
    I'm unsure what you are saying.

Anything that's different from the way it is now, needs to be programmed or exported separately. The UI would need to be changed to make it look like the way you want it.

If I understood something wrong, please try to rephrase.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2011
    Hi crin.... loving your software, its great. I have just install the 700 item pics and they are all behaving as should be :)

Look forward to more as you release them. Its still works fine without them. Its just nice to have the visual but statistically its working well.

I have noticed that a few sets aren't showing as owned but its easy to fix up. They seem to be sets I own and have downloaded but are not installed.

Anyway... Brilliant... Have spent time with this as my game still seems unstable with the new patch. Looking forward to the fix but plenty to keep me occupied here till they do.

Many thanks to you and your hubby for all the hard work.

Sunny :)
    edited December 2011
    @SunnyBelle: Thank you. I'm working on more pics. The program can only find stuff if you have either the Sims3Packs in the folder you tell the program to scan or the according package files in the dcbackup folder.

Also there are many sims3pack names I'm still missing. mrsrednotdead sent me a long list and they will be in the next version of the db file I'm releasing this weekend.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited December 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @SunnyBelle: Thank you. I'm working on more pics. The program can only find stuff if you have either the Sims3Packs in the folder you tell the program to scan or the according package files in the dcbackup folder.

Also there are many sims3pack names I'm still missing. mrsrednotdead sent me a long list and they will be in the next version of the db file I'm releasing this weekend.

Really wish I was more techno wise, then I could help also. I have tried to understand the naming in the excel spreadsheet of images but have no idea how you came about them and then how do they get used from that sheet. See told you I am just not techno wise, hehe :oops: BTW... I am working on it, lol :roll:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top