Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated to Generations - Old hidden stencil thread

This is an old thread where we were sharing alternate styles of store items that, for some reason or other, were not enabled. In short, this thread was a way to unlock more from what we've already paid for.
As I've begun reuploading all of the styles plus blank versions and the thread's been necromancer-attacked, I thought I'd change up the first post to make it easier for those who want to access to these, using neither lots nor mods. Please feel free to download any of these styles into your game. I'll keep uploading them as I go, with the most recent releases on top.

Generations
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Tiki Outdoor Party
medium.jpg

Store: Futureshock
medium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Olympian Physique
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Through the Spy Glass
medium.jpg

Store: Frontier Finds
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Morocco Mystique
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Late Night
medium.jpg

Barnacle Bay
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Loud Fast Clash!
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Haute Hip
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Ambitions
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Love and Sports
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Hacienda Luxury
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

High End Loft
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Lunar New Year
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Old Town

Store: Gothique
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Dr Pepper

World Adventures and store content: Chinese Collection
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

World Adventures and store content: Egyptian Collection
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

World Adventures and store content: French Collection
medium.jpg

Store: Asian Fusion

Store: Worldly Goodies
medium.jpg

Store: Animals Abound
Again, some were fixed. Redownload if there are still missing ones.
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Halloween Treats
medium.jpg

Store: Regal Living
Just blank versions of the lights. Nothing special.

Store: Castle Set
Bed was fixed. Redownload if you don't have all of the options
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Ultra Lounge Youths

Store: Hewnsman Set

Store: Storybook Set
Some of these items were partially fixed. Only those that weren't are on here. If you don't have all the options, uninstall, redownload and reinstall the set. Blank versions are all new.
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Store: Tiki Set

Base Game: Country Set
Double Bed (This item had a stencil set as an overlay. Three missing stencils plus a blank version)
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg
Country Set
Other blank versions
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Base Game: Mission Set
Blank versions
medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

Base Game: Miscellaneous
Blank versions

Comments

• CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to see the source of your info. Not saying it's not true but a bit more info might be helpful to us. : )

And honestly, it's sad if these items are broken items on their way to be added to the broken store items list too. Question, do you think they are really broken or did they simply not want to "unlock" the stencils?
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited December 2011
    Stencils?
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited December 2011
    Honestly I think they just forgot.

I've found some images but won't link because it wasn't me who discovered it. I don't want to link to someone else's photobucket.

Needless to say, there should be more stencil / decal options. The scroll should have a carp scene and a mountain scene. The painting should have a cherry blossom scene and a wave scene. The lights should also have cherry blossom and simji options. The kimono should have a wave scene and a bird scene and the dog bowl should also have a blue and white snowman scene.

Edit: A full list of items with missing decals / stencils is here : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/225/457767.page
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I get it if it's found in a persons photobucket account. : )

Too bad about the "missing" cherry blossom scenes. I think those would be nice.
    MrHawk wrote:
    Honestly I think they just forgot.

I've found some images but won't link because it wasn't me who discovered it. I don't want to link to someone else's photobucket.

Needless to say, there should be more stencil / decal options. The scroll should have a carp scene and a mountain scene. The painting should have a cherry blossom scene and a wave scene. The lights should also have cherry blossom and simji options. The kimono should have a wave scene and a bird scene and the dog bowl should also have a blue and white snowman scene.

Edit: A full list of items with missing decals / stencils is here : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/225/457767.page
    edited December 2011
    I'll see if I can get someone who has the set to download the fix and then give me some photos. If I can I'll post them on my site and link here, m'kay?

They look really nice, actually.
    edited December 2011
    Pictures with thanks to Rikimaru83:

Paintings:
    8513201_orig.jpg4600985_orig.jpg

Kimono:
    241541_orig.jpg9774022_orig.jpg

Wall Scroll:
    1082940_orig.jpg4532191_orig.jpg

Wall and floor lights:
    6633574_orig.jpg9004233_orig.jpg
  • RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited December 2011
    And I was so pleased with my beautiful new set - now all I can do is shake my head.

Still love the set, but one does not like to feel taken advantage of.

But thank you for showing us those gorgous missing designs.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again, MrHawk!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

edited December 2011
    Very disappointing that the items appear to either be "broken" or the other stencils where forgotten.

While the items currently are nice, they would have been even better with the intended stencils.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2011
    Now I wonder if they were really forgotten or will come in a new store item for more bucks?

Thanks MrHawk for making us aware.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Why do they keep doing this? This isn't the first time all the stencils are not available for an item. Is there an easy way to unlock the stencils so they are available for use?

Edit: have you noticed that the first two missing stencils go really well with other missing stencils from another store sets?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited December 2011
    I remember finding a site that had a mod that added those stencils that were missing, but forgot the name of the creator x.x
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh Found it, to help out here's some screenshots:

Kimono.png

other.png

HolidayPetbowl.png
  • KebachetKebachet Posts: 280 Member
    edited December 2011
    It's too bad that the Longevity wall hanging is so overpriced. Those are some really nice stencils that they (almost) included.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    I remember finding a site that had a mod that added those stencils that were missing, but forgot the name of the creator x.x
    I'm just curious, but what does the mod actually do on a coding level that EA could do with a Store Patch?

Again, just curious.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited December 2011
    AznSensei wrote:

It's on a site that we cannot mention here. Those very stencils are added and used just like the pictures show. Friend request you so I can comment on your page.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited December 2011
    blewis823 wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

It's on a site that we cannot mention here. Those very stencils are added and used just like the pictures show. Friend request you so I can comment on your page.

Just look up Clara Unlocked Stencils on google and you'll find it.
    edited December 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    I'm just curious, but what does the mod actually do on a coding level that EA could do with a Store Patch?

Again, just curious.

To be honest, I can't really know the details of that as they never mentioned it. All I know is that they have ways to access the item and know that there were missing stencils. Most likely the coding of the item would have a # or something indicating that there were other designs, but were not released.
    edited December 2011
    cupcake wrote:
    blewis823 wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

Just look up Clara Unlocked Stencils on google and you'll find it.

I found the site already though, thanks ladies
  • RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited December 2011
    AnzSensei,

Thank you for the pictures. The designs are even lovelier on the items.

Makes me wish I used mods.
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited December 2011
    blewis823 wrote:
    Now I wonder if they were really forgotten or will come in a new store item for more bucks?

Thanks MrHawk for making us aware.

You read my mind. No one's memory is that bad and, even giving them the benefit of the doubt, the best you can say about this kind of error is that their quality control is nonexistent.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

Again, just curious.

To be honest, I can't really know the details of that as they never mentioned it. All I know is that they have ways to access the item and know that there were missing stencils. Most likely the coding of the item would have a # or something indicating that there were other designs, but were not released.
    So someone wasn't paying attention and put a comma where there should be a period again? (Old programming joke. You'd be surprised how common that actually is.)
  • eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2011
    Wow those hidden stencils are gorgeous! I bought the set and would love to be able to use all the designs. I checked out the other site but my resource.cfg file looks different from the example they give, and I'm afraid to tinker as I don't even understand what the resource.cfg is or how it works. With my luck, I'd break all my cc. Still fun to see the hidden designs though!
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited December 2011
    They are beautiful and detailed. The day they came out I posted did they have additional stencils and now we know they do.http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/471469.page Why did they spend the time creating all these stencils and then refuse to allow us to access them the normal way. It would increase game building and sharing unique creation, which the game hypes.
    Also, you forgot:
    pirate Sign (Shown on building.) missing decal of decals of Llama head, instead of skull, mermaid, compass and ship
    Image_Gallery_Large4.gif

Pirate Flag (simpoint item)
    decals of Pirate, Llama head. instead of skull, mermaid, boat wheels and ship
    (need picture)

Olympian Physic vase
    Thumbnail_200x200.png
    Octagonal Animal window
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    Animal window
    Thumbnail_300x300.png

Then generations had several picture and banners, too. That were never unlock. The Goth picture has a family in varied costumes (teenager missing, of course) and a family in matching red sweaters.
    The balloon banner has cake and wedding rings
    The Unicorn picture also giant a giant flower bloom, a fairy sitting on a crescent moon
    And the car picture for the babies room has a duck and the others a teddy.

And sadly they are ALL beautifully done but not accessible without a cheat.

Maybe will get them unlocked for the Holidays as a surprise.
    If there are Easter eggs. WE found them now unlock them, please.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up on the ones I missedgngrsnp