Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wheel House :: A Steampunk Victorian :: by spartan1

wheelhouse01.jpg

Originally built as a steam-operated button factory, the building lay vacant and derelict for many years before being restored by its current owner, a rather eccentric inventor. Now a private residence, the building covers 2 wings joined by a suspension bridge and features many modern gadgets and conveniences. The nectary contains a large collection of unusual recipes, including such varieties as Sonic Discombobulator, Missing Cogs of a Robotic Mind, Smooth Locomotion and Franklin's Famous Kite.

House contains: 2 Double Bedrooms, 2 Single Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, 3 WCs, Kitchen, Formal Dining, Lounge, Study, Library, Gym, Bar & Dance Floor, Hot-tub, Inventor's Workshop, Nectary, Laundry and 2 Steampunked Vehicles. It also has a lot of moving widgets and a time-machine.

wheelhouse02.jpg

wheelhouse03.jpg

wheelhouse04.jpg

wheelhouse11.jpg

wheelhouse30.jpg

wheelhouse08.jpg

wheelhouse29.jpg

wheelhouse15.jpg

wheelhouse22.jpg

wheelhouse24.jpg

wheelhouse17.jpg

wheelhouse40.jpg

More images: http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u140/spartan_girl/The Wheel House/

All the pictures were taken of the CC version, which has the one piece of transferable CC, a waterwheel. It is the much better version with all the wonderful fog emitter effects on the waterwheel spraying water and making a great water sound, but I know a lot of people like to stay CC-free so the one on the exchange has none. The cog pattern is included in the house, but can be downloaded separately too if you wish. The household is CC-free except for Skylar's hair, which is non-transferable - the DL link is on my blog. Everything has been checked with custard.

Thanks for looking, and all comments are appreciated :)

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
CC-Free House: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4818170#
CC Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?5aipjbpygca2si2
Household: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4818254
Cog Pattern: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ug691u0f9jcci4

Comments

• ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited November 2011
    OMG!!! This is FABULOUS! I am a stictly no CC girl, but I have to have this!

If you don't get featured for this, it is only because none of the gurus noticed it. SO impressive, Spartan!
    oow785m
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited November 2011
    Haha, way better than mine :] Rec'd of course
  • EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited November 2011
    awesome job, rec'd :D
    oow785m
  • SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    edited November 2011
    Wow wow wow wow! That is all I can say, amazing work Spartan! Recced for sure!! :D And dl when I get the appropriate store stuff :D Great work :D
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,787 Member
    edited November 2011
    Hi, Helen! Incredible work again - LOVE IT in all details. :)
    The architecture is a dream, and I like the exterior walls with the decorations you used! The interior is so brilliantly made in this theme!
    (There're 2 Inventor's workshop picture in your post - just in any case you missed another picture instead of this.)
    You always make outstanding work, and all your creations deserve the feature! I hope this will get featured too!
    Left you well deserved recommends on the lot and the household too. They looks gorgeous too!
    - Ildi
  • YOTEAMOYOTEAMO Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited November 2011
    in one word.. amazing! I've added to fav's. This is really something special :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited November 2011
    Awazing :mrgreen:

Rec and added to favourites :wink:

Beautifully done :thumbup:
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Strawberry275Strawberry275 Posts: 7,774
    edited November 2011
    That looks SO awesome! Rec'd :mrgreen:
  • judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited November 2011
    :shock: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Amazing!!!!! Dl'd rec'd and fav'd it!!!
  • mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited November 2011
    OMG!!! This is FABULOUS! I am a strictly no CC girl, but I have to have this!

If you don't get featured for this, it is only because none of the gurus noticed it. SO impressive, Spartan!
    ^^This, verbatim. I don't do CC, but I don't care!!! I must download it! Spartan, you truly are a master. *bows* Love your pics, too. You did an amazing job of displaying this stunning home!!! DRFs, on the way! :mrgreen:
  • SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited November 2011
    Wonderful, very creative and unique. This must be featured. I like the way you presented it and the frames are so steam punked :mrgreen:
  • Sierra24Sierra24 Posts: 721 Member
    edited November 2011
    WOW Spartan. The originality of this architect is through the roof. I've never seen any victorian anywhere close to this design. "It's like Bourbon Street meets Frontierland of Disneyland."

With this new home, you just tied SimEve and Jisgr8 for having the most homes on my list of favorites, and it's a tough list to crack too cause I only have just 14 favorites at the moment.

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2011
    Helen, I am speechless! :shock: :shock: :shock: I am in love with your Steampunk Victorian! :D:D The architecture is stunning and I love that bridge connecting the 2 buildings. Great job with the roof. Great choice of windows. Love those bubble windows. It looks perfect for the style of the build. Lovely interiors. I admire your eye for details. I can see that you have decorated each and every room with lot of love. My favourite rooms are the study, library, kitchen, dining room, basement hot tub area, basement nectary area and the bedrooms. It is such a characterful home. I am blown away by your creativity Helen. Brilliant job. Left you a very well deserved recommendation and added to my favourites. I sincerely hope that this gets featured because it is droolworthy! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • buckosnortbuckosnort Posts: 9,628 Member
    edited November 2011
    Wow that is amazing!!! Great job, rec'd :thumbup:
  • hmsdrco2001hmsdrco2001 Posts: 818 Member
    edited November 2011
    Another fantasy comes to life! I've been so excited to see this, and it's finally here. Wheel House is a real treasure trove of imagination, style, humor, and ... well, brilliance. It's packed to the brim with fascinating details. The structure, itself, is mesmerizing with all of the little towers and steampipes. Then, there's the cool suspension bridge linking the two wings. The wheel motif is wonderfully carried out throughout the home--from the water wheel, to the wheel-shaped fountains, to the wheel-shaped windows, to the walls of the driveway, to all of the little wheels decorating the walls. The colors and patterns are beautiful--especially the custom cog pattern. The metallic patterns are perfect for the steampunk theme--I love how the studded metal patterns look. I also love the floor pattern you chose for the rooftop patio. Inside, every room is a work of art. The air ducts, industrial lights, moving widgets, shelves, and furniture are perfect. The object choices and placements give the home such a realistic, or should I say surrealistic, feel. The basement looks incredible with all of the little nooks for the moving widgets. I really like the dotted pattern you used on the floors--it looks like little drainage ducts. This had to be so much fun to build, and I'm sure it will be so much fun to play. Your household looks amazing, too! I love their names (and the nectar names)! Hadley Nickleturn, for example--you are a genius. OK. I'm going to have to pull out a thesaurus to come up with more words other than "perfect," "brilliant," and "amazing." Downloaded, recommended, and added your house and family to my favorites. I can't wait to see the hidden gems you have in store. I'm in awe. And many, many thanks for including Jackson in all of the fun!
  • Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited November 2011
    Hi Spartan! Your steampunk victorian is jaw dropping! I love your lots! As always it shows your intricate architecture, perfect landscaping and delectable interiors and perfect patterns and colors. DRF from me! *lots of hugs* hope your doing well!
  • psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member
    edited November 2011
    This is amazing. Thank you for sharing it :)
  • MeyanirMeyanir Posts: 26
    edited November 2011
    Phenomenal!!!It is very rich imagination!Madness unique course!We really had to have it!Well deserved rec'd! :thumbup:
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited November 2011
    Hi Helen
    Steampuck Victorian is a wonderful creation. :D I always look forward to a new build from you because I know it will be exceptional, innovative, full of detail and fun. :D:D:D Left a rec and favoured. :D:D:D Hugs Folly
  • spartan1spartan1 Posts: 606 Member
    edited November 2011
    Wow, after a bad day it's always nice to come to the creative corner and be cheered up and inspired by all the lovely people here. Thanks to you all - your supportive and generous comments are appreciated more than I can say.

Hi ZooProfessor3 - thank you! I'm not big on CC for builds either, but the water wheel was a must-have when I saw it and it's been totally safe in game. The only thing I could wish for was if it actually turned, but I used the fog emitters to get some cool splashing effects to make up for that. :D

Hi Oilbasedoleander - Hey, great minds think alike and your Victorian Steampunk was beautiful. I am a big fan of your builds - as you know I have Aged Magic in my game and I love it. Thanks for the rec, I'm looking forward to your next build - mine will be more modern this time :wink:

EMPRESSPAMELA - thank you :) I sent a friend request and looked through your studio - lots of my type of fantasy and sci-fi builds, with a real mastery of CFE on UFO which I added to my favs. :)

Sarademoor - thank you! :) Oh how I wish I could tap your speed skills - this one was started back in late July, and it is a relief to finish it. Thanks for the kind comments and rec, much appreciated from such a wonderful builder as yourself.

Hi Ildi - always great to hear from you! I fixed the picture lol and thanks for letting me know - I was pretty tired yesterday. Thanks for the lovely comments and brightening my day :)

• susanna827susanna827 Posts: 3,010 Member
    edited November 2011
    This house is FABULOUS!!!
    I LOVE the steampunk style,GREAT JOB :thumbup:
    Downloaded,recommended and added to my fav's :wink:
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited November 2011
    This is most impressive!

It reminds me of Howl's Moving Castle meets Stardust!

I'd like to invite you to share on the following thread over in the Gifting Forum. Others should see this treasure :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/421332.page

You can submit up to 3 pics, your download link and a slideshow if you wish.

Have a wonderful day!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Mythago68Mythago68 Posts: 690
    edited November 2011
    Wow :shock: :shock: :shock: ! What can I say more about your incredible house that has not been said here yet? I am sorry for not having enough many, fancy English words in my vocabulary to describe how wonderful I think your house is. Though, I think you already know that I am huge fan of your creations and this is an extraordinarily creative and amazing example of your very unique art work. Your attention to detail is just unbelievable. My favorite part of this build is the suspension bridge, I also love the steampunk style pattern that you have used in carpets etc. I am super impressed by this house and I must see this house in game in it `s full glory, as soon as I have bought some new sets from the store, lol.

The family and their clothing are also fun and creative. It was a nice idea to ad a simbot to your steampunk family. Your presentation is superb as always. This house definitely deserves a feature. DRF from me.
  • kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited November 2011
    What a cool and creative lot. It looks like it came out from a movie.

I recommended and added to my favorites folder.

kquinn1990

:mrgreen:
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited November 2011
    Everyone needs to see this...AWESOME!
    wB2Zykl.jpg