Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FREE items from "The Sims 3 Store" (24th July, 2014)

Comments

• HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    HUGS!! <---- My <3 way of saying Bump :)
  • dragontatoesdragontatoes Posts: 4 New Member
    I owned some items from the World Inspiration Compilation, and wanted to see how much it would cost with my Complete Your Set discount. The page, though, had no 'Buy Now!' button, just a 'Download' button. To be clear, I didn't own even half of the items in the set. The download button doesn't show for other incomplete sets I have items from. I clicked it just to see what would happen, and received the whole set without losing any simpoints. When I go to my purchase history, it shows the set, and all included sets, sold to me for 'Free'. I don't know whether this is a bug or an ill-advertised freebie, but I thought I should tip off others.

I'd make a new discussion if I could, but this seemed a relevant discussion.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    I owned some items from the World Inspiration Compilation, and wanted to see how much it would cost with my Complete Your Set discount. The page, though, had no 'Buy Now!' button, just a 'Download' button. To be clear, I didn't own even half of the items in the set. The download button doesn't show for other incomplete sets I have items from. I clicked it just to see what would happen, and received the whole set without losing any simpoints. When I go to my purchase history, it shows the set, and all included sets, sold to me for 'Free'. I don't know whether this is a bug or an ill-advertised freebie, but I thought I should tip off others.

I'd make a new discussion if I could, but this seemed a relevant discussion.
    Hi, yep, that's the beauty of CYS! :)

Don't look at the percent, that is almost entirely irrelevant. What matters is the total cost of the items you own compared to the cost of the set as a whole. The way CYS works is that if the cost of the items you have bought (not what you actually paid for them but their original Store price) added up (minus about 10%) is more than the current price of the set then you'll get the rest free - this works even better if the set is on Sale or Daily Deal since it uses that reduced price to compare against what you have already spent!

If you want to really stretch your Simpoints and get more of the Store for less, check out the Daily Deal thread (link in my sig) where there's (a) LOADS of great info and (b) GREAT friendly Simmers really keen to help and explain anything that is confusing. :)

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @ajaxpost I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that both the % of the simpoint total AND % of owned items are included in the CYS discount (at an uneven ratio), hence the 200+ points discount on purchasing a 30 simpoints item off a 2000+ point lot prior to purchasing some sets.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    @ajaxpost I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that both the % of the simpoint total AND % of owned items are included in the CYS discount (at an uneven ratio), hence the 200+ points discount on purchasing a 30 simpoints item off a 2000+ point lot prior to purchasing some sets.
    Hi @Lexers615, to be honest, I don't think I've seen a good determination of what the "% owned" figure actually is but we have been able to calculate the actual costs quite accurately. Certainly, at the end of the day, it all comes down to percentages but in my experience the "% owned" is at least relatively meaningless when it comes to working out when you'll get a set for free.
  • LilyPeonyLilyPeony Posts: 47 Member
    Thank you so so much for that thread, I didn't even know there was stuff to DDL for free, thanks again!
  • dragontatoesdragontatoes Posts: 4 New Member
    @ajaxpost Wow, CYS really does go a long way, I now realize. I also have Best of 2012 Compilation for free, which sort of sets off a chain reaction of other discounts. I have to say, those are big incentives to use the site.
    @ajaxpost Wow, CYS really does go a long way, I now realize. I also have Best of 2012 Compilation for free, which sort of sets off a chain reaction of other discounts. I have to say, those are big incentives to use the site.
    Excellent result! Congrats.

Yep, when they first started CYS, all us Store hunters clicked through every set and compilation and found so much we could get for free, truly a cascade of joy! :)

In fact, hunting bargains in the Store is almost as much fun as playing the game! Enjoy!
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    In fact, hunting bargains in the Store is almost as much fun as playing the game!

It sure is fun but I wouldn't say that! ;);)

THis said I have to admit that though I own the store I still patrol around just in case I missed, you know, that obcure well hidden item! ;)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    Another bump! Wish the complete your set could show us what we're close to finishing. This almost makes up for prices not dropping! :blush:
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited October 2017
    SIMplified wrote: »
    Another bump! Wish the complete your set could show us what we're close to finishing. This almost makes up for prices not dropping! :blush:

It should show you a percentage bar some where on the page for the set you are working on.

It should show a bar like shown here. Except it will be above the set picture.
    set_inprogress_image_ver931878.png
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited October 2017

It should show you a percentage bar some where on the page for the set you are working on.

I know, I meant having a "Hey! You're 15% full for this set! Check it out!"

Instead of me going through the store or my purchase history to see what I'm at :)
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member

I know, I meant having a "Hey! You're 15% full for this set! Check it out!"

Instead of me going through the store or my purchase history to see what I'm at :)

Ah, but the point of a store & marketing is to have the customer go through it and hopefully buy more than the loaf of bread they came in for. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    I know this has not been posted in for quite a while, but I'm wondering if it is at all possible to get the Twizzy wind mill and Solar Panels? I didn't see them mentioned on the first page, but just thought I'd ask.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sonshine77 wrote: »
    I know this has not been posted in for quite a while, but I'm wondering if it is at all possible to get the Twizzy wind mill and Solar Panels? I didn't see them mentioned on the first page, but just thought I'd ask.

They are on the first page.
    Fourth section under Individual items the first 2 in the second row.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • BlutoBluto Posts: 40 Member
    So here I am after years of absense. Long story short, could not log in pretty soon after release of the Sims 3 and missed out on a lot.
    Bought the game on Steam and things started working again.

Busy to get those free items back I had when they were free and I'm pretty sure I do miss a few things like the computer with the sponge motiv and the fridge orange and red bubbles/balloons?
    Any way to get those somewhere? Because those pages are not existing anymore.
    Pay me a visit if you like, I won't bite.
    https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ErikPiso
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited August 2018
    Well I did recently look around the internet for some items no longer available. Found a site but it seemed questionable so I didn't use it. Got to be careful :) .
    Does anyone else know of a trusted site that can be used?
    Oh, and welcome back to Sims 3!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Bluto You can't get those items officially anymore, and if they were available unofficially, somewhere else, we are not supposed to talk about that here. ;)
    Thank you @jaletu2005 and @Odonata68 for your comments.
    I was afraid for that. It is as it is then, no problem. Maybe EA will ressurect those items for the ten year anniversary or something.
    I feel no urge to pluck it off some site in the shady corners of the internet. I don't want to have my computer catch a cold or something.
    Thanks for the replies and happy playing :)
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    Well I did recently look around the internet for some items no longer available. Found a site but it seemed questionable so I didn't use it. Got to be careful :) .
    Does anyone else know of a trusted site that can be used?
    Oh, and welcome back to Sims 3!
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    @Bluto You can't get those items officially anymore, and if they were available unofficially, somewhere else, we are not supposed to talk about that here. ;)

As a "gray area" alternative, try eBay for unredeemed bonus content coupons.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Bluto wrote: »
    Thank you @jaletu2005 and @Odonata68 for your comments.
    I was afraid for that. It is as it is then, no problem. Maybe EA will ressurect those items for the ten year anniversary or something.
    I feel no urge to pluck it off some site in the shady corners of the internet. I don't want to have my computer catch a cold or something.
    Thanks for the replies and happy playing :)
    According to Wikipedia, the game was released on June 2nd, 2009. So the 10th year anniversary is like a little over 9 months from now.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    > @Lexers615 said:
    >
    > According to Wikipedia, the game was released on June 2nd, 2009. So the 10th year anniversary is like a little over 9 months from now.

Well, I've got all my fingers crossed. (painfull, but probably worth it)

> @Lexers615 said:
    >
    > As a "gray area" alternative, try eBay for unredeemed bonus content coupons.

Yeah I could search for those there, But for now I'm not sure I want to go coupon hunting.
    I typed Sims 3 coupons in my browser and I got more adresses than it is good for me.
    So that option I put on hold for now. Something for the future I think.
    But thank you for that suggestion. I appreciate it.
    Seems I can't get the quote thingy right. I have to tinker with that.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Bluto wrote: »
    Seems I can't get the quote thingy right. I have to tinker with that.

@bluto, the quoting system will work properly for you when you have reached full member status. But for now, it will look like that because you are a new member. You need 25 points and 15 posts to become a full member... :)
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > Bluto wrote: »
    >
    > Seems I can't get the quote thingy right. I have to tinker with that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @bluto, the quoting system will work properly for you when you have reached full member status. But for now, it will look like that because you are a new member. You need 25 points and 15 posts to become a full member... :)

Aahh, that does explains it. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top