Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim can't interact with my pet

Hey there,

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but my sim can't interact with my dog at all. My dog can interact with my sim but no the other way around. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• petshoptypepetshoptype Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I had this problem but fixed it by deleting old .package files out of the new mods folder (the one starting in my documents) did you recently move your .packages over to the new mods folder?
  • mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had the exact same issue. For me, it was the mods. Almost all of my mods no longer work right, they changed to format for almost all mods, so the pets can interact with items. I ended up removing all of my mods and it started working fine. A couple of the places that I get my mods from have issued instructions on how to "fix" them. But, since I have a couple thousand mods, I haven't tried to fix anything yet. I just removed everything and started a new save game. A couple of my families are really well done and I will try to fix everything and put them back in eventually, but for now, I'm playing without my mods. I know that a couple of sites are beta testing programs that automatically fix mods for you, so I might try that when they get the bugs worked out. Good luck, if you don't have any mods let me know and I'll talk you through everything I did to see if I can help you figure it out.
  • bleedingvioletsbleedingviolets Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Yep that fixed it! Thanks so much everyone. Hopefully the mods get fixed soon because I have a ton lol
  • BlacksmogBlacksmog Posts: 5 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi, I'm having the same issue... by "mods" are you referring to just ones that affect game play, or to clothes etc too?

never mind, problem solved lol
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • AngelEyes041786AngelEyes041786 Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    what new mod folder are you talking about?
    edited October 2011
    Never mind I found out what you were talking about now I just have to see if my problem was fixed.
    edited October 2011
    YES!!! I fixed my problem!!
  • emoarian19emoarian19 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2011
    what new mods folder are y'all talking about? I don't see anything :(
  • RieValentineRieValentine Posts: 9
    edited January 2014
    So I have removed the mods that are claimed to have messed the interaction coding up (The Book of Talent and the Upgrade Speed mods) and every other mod is for create-a-sim. However, I've had both in-game mods removed and it worked fine, but the owners of both mods have upgraded the mods for Pets. It's weird. I have Store Content turned off.
  • kyng226kyng226 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having the same problem, my game was working fine before i got the cats and dogs expansion pack. I thought it was my CC which i have a ton of, and i went through and found a couple of CC that seemed to be messing with my game. Because at first my problem was that whenever id click on my household to play them the loading screen would keep going and it wouldn't let me play because it was just loading forever. I fixed that by removing some broken CC. And i went to go play for the first time after getting Cats and Dogs but now my problem is that every time i go to interact with my puppy, the task cancels and my sim glitches. Im not ready to give up any of my CC I've worked so hard on getting. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Can you post the question and let me know on here what to do? @lisasc360
    @lisasc360 ^