Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fur not showing up?

Dogs/cats do have fur, but not the outer layer of fur. You know, the fuzzy fur that makes them actually look more realistic. I have advanced rendering on as well as sim detail on high but... all I have is the base coat. Is anyone else having this problem? :?

Comments

• cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Dogs/cats do have fur, but not the outer layer of fur. You know, the fuzzy fur that makes them actually look more realistic. I have advanced rendering on as well as sim detail on high but... all I have is the base coat. Is anyone else having this problem? :?

I've been trying to look for a solution for this problem since I have it but all I find is the transparent fur issue. I wish I knew the answer since I would love to have fuzzy furry pets.
  • RyanDaMan92RyanDaMan92 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm having the exact same problem! the cats and dogs look nothing like they did in the trailers and the create a pet demo! They where fury and fluffy, but on the actual game they look flat aha. I honestly think its something that will be fixed when a patch comes out, because if you look on other forums, its mostly regarding the pets fur. (all the game glitches/problems)
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I have the same complaint after trying to make a Miniature Schnauzer which is a breed with a fluffy beard and bushy eyebrows, well I was disappointed that the dog looked far from a Mini Schnauzer due to the fact no bushy eyebrows or beard was to be seen and it looked a little strange. Hope this can be fixed.
  • GeekyAngelGirlGeekyAngelGirl Posts: 517 Member
    edited October 2011
    Turn on advanced rendering people.
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited October 2011
    GeekyAngelGirl, I do believe my advanced rendering is on...I could be wrong so I'll check next time I play.
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Turn on advanced rendering people.

Yes that would be helpful had I not already had it on previously while I run the rest of the settings on high and before it is suggested that I or anyone else needs a better graphics card mine is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850 which is more than this game needs.
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have the exact same problem. I do have advanced rendering on. I have a 1 gig graphics card that has all of the newest drivers.

I even rolled back to older drivers to see if that would work. But it didn't help.

It is rather frustrating.
  • solemnhpnotiqsolemnhpnotiq Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2011
    i am having this issue as well, i run my game maxed out in all graphic options, i even tweaked my v-sync and other options for my video card, and it did not help in the least.

my card is an ATI Radeon HD 5750, so, i should not be having problems.
  • sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Has anyone moved around the 'fur length' and 'fur density' sliders in advanced mode of CAP? It's in the coat section, I think. Anyway it did improve the fur showing up.

Before and after:
    [img]http://i55.tinypic.com/df7x1v.png "width=640"[/img]
  • kwillagkwillag Posts: 277 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had the same issue with the fur not showing up, as well as deformed dogs and cats, but I updated my driver for my video card and now it all works fine. This may or may not work for you, but it's worth a try.
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Yep, same problem here. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5650. No flufffs. ):
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited October 2011
    Does anyone have pictures of pets with the fur properly done and no glitching? I just look around the forum and wonder if this is how the pets are meant to look.
  • sims2lover54321sims2lover54321 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited October 2011
    In my game pets seem to look furry in cas and in-game.
    Larger
    [img]http://i51.tinypic.com/261yeki.jpg "width=640"[/img]
    edited October 2011
    Larger

Aw, I want my pets to look like that. :/
  • EdoubleGoodiesEdoubleGoodies Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have an ATI Radeon 5700 series 1 gb. I have no fluffy fur. The drivers have been updated to the latest, all in-game graphic options are to the max and advance rendering is on and I still have no fluffy fur in the game. The funny thing is that the cats & dogs have fluffy fur in the demo that's installed on the same computer.

Weird...
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited October 2011
    sereia8 wrote:
    Larger

Aweh, so do I.
    Maybe they'll fix this with the next patch too.. :roll:
  • HamtaroLuver3HamtaroLuver3 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited October 2011
    My dogs appear short hair and tailless when I look at the from a distance. When I zoom in and look at them closer their fluffy fur and tail reappear.
  • SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited October 2011
    sereia8 wrote:
    Larger

Aweh, so do I.

When will the new patch come out?
    edited October 2011
    SumoB wrote:
    sereia8 wrote:
    Larger

Aweh, so do I.

When will the new patch come out?

A very long time if EA never acknowledges there is a problem.
  • SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited October 2011
    My dogs appear short hair and tailless when I look at the from a distance. When I zoom in and look at them closer their fluffy fur and tail reappear.

That happens to me too! :O First I thought it was my pc, but then I noticed something strange... it only happens on dogs! Neither cats nor horses! :S Weird right? But good to know that I'm not the only one who's struggling with this XD

Just try to look away from the ugly dogs I do so! :P I pretend there's nothing wrong :D
  • ciarraluvsyouciarraluvsyou Posts: 19
    edited October 2011
    I have the same problems my cats you can see their skin and its see through fur and bulging eyes they are scary looking lol how do you update your computer to fix it? or will it be fixed by a game patch?
  • solemnhpnotiqsolemnhpnotiq Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I have an ATI Radeon 5700 series 1 gb. I have no fluffy fur. The drivers have been updated to the latest, all in-game graphic options are to the max and advance rendering is on and I still have no fluffy fur in the game. The funny thing is that the cats & dogs have fluffy fur in the demo that's installed on the same computer.

Weird...

same here (except we have different graphics cards), but what i don't understand is why it would work in the demo, but not when we had the entire game? i am hoping it is just something that can be dealt with in a patch.
  • HoollllyyHoollllyy Posts: 1 New Member
    My dog still has no fur or tail. It’s aggrivating.