Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets Bug Thread

crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
edited February 14 in Nominated Threads
That patch is here and there are actually lots of fixes.

The manual Patch can be downloaded here: Patch 1.29 (850 MB)

I myself will not continue to compile this thread. See page 119 for details.

If anyone want to compile in a new thread, I'm happy to link. Post or have someone post the link in my comments. If you guys want to continue here and help each other, that is fine of course as well, I'm just retiring from it.

blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

Before updating your game and/or installing the new EP, please make sure to follow these steps:

NEWS: In Preperation for Pets
TUTORIAL: What to do before patching
FAQ: How do I uninstall a Mod/Hack ?
In Preparation for Pets -- Things you should do and check before installing the EP -- Start today

Ask here, if anything is unclear. It will help you avoid most patching problems.

Please post your crashing issues in this thread: The offical sims 3 pets crashing thread. This one is about GAMEPLAY bugs

Please remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.

There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.

Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.

Please post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rules

Rules
1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work or I got an error message. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and remove.
13. Please don't send me Friend Requests. I won't accept.
14. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
15. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.

Important Links
- Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting
- Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts (this thread has tons of info in the first post that I’m not going to repeat. Please read there)
- TS3 + EPs & SPs - Known Glitches & Causes
- FAQ: Bugs & Patches
- Generations-Patch & existing Mods/Hacks
- FAQ: What files should I backup ?
- Twallan's Mods
- Finding Devices and Updating Drivers

Origin
Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). The current version is 8.3.1.9 – 108188. If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/about

Crashing Issues
Crashing issues are mainly technical and belong in the technical forum. carlymichelle has made a thread here: The offical sims 3 pets crashing thread. Please post in that thread if you have any crashing issues.

Here's some things you can try: ERROR: Game Crashes (CTD)

DEP Information
If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a DEP problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:

TS3W.EXE in your base game\bin folder.

Problems with the Installation Codes
For people with the limited edition there seesm to be an issue with the codes getting switched. The code on the red paper is your installation code. The code on the white paper that says it's for pets is actually your limited content redemption code. If you have troubles, please refer to this thread: The codes got switched around! (An edit for pets Plus people) (Thank you KaraDarkholm for posting)

Problems with the downloadable Store content
Please refer too this post: Issues with Limited Edition Game Shop & Origin Costumes - ♦ Please Read ♦

MAC Users
If you have any Mac-related issue, please read and post in this thread: Graphics glitches, Lion 10.7.2, the Intel 3000 HD Graphics card and patch 1.25 - GURUS

Freezing issue where horses are involved. Please post in the Mac forum and if anyone want to open a thread there about it, please provide me with the link so I can put it here.

EA says they are working on it but it will be at least two weeks.

Things to try
- FAQ: Delete your Cache Files
- Move your family out and back in.
- Reset the sim ?
- TUTORIAL: Resetting the game to factory settings without Reinstalling
- TUTORIAL: - How to reinstall the game
- FAQ: How do I restore a backup file ?
- Move your Sims to a new town. Save them to the bin for that. Use Twallan's Porter if you don't want to loose the relationships.

A word on Mods/Hacks
It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).

Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.

Instructions how to install a mod can be found here: FAQ: How do I install Custom Content/ Mods ?
Instructions how to uninstall a mod can be found here: FAQ: How do I uninstall a Mod/Hack ?

Broken CC Objects
Many objects that have slots seem to be broken (actually the slots are). This is an issue that has per se nothing to do with EA, so I would like to keep the discussion about it out of this thread. If you want to know more about this issue or have some extra info, please use this thread: Slots broken on all CC, except store stuff

--> Please check TSR for a fix: http://www.thesimsresource.com/fixyourgame/

Update: As of oct. 27th this tool will no longer work if you haven't downloaded. You need to download a 3rd party demo to get a dll you will need for the TSR tool but as of now, that dll is no longer included in the demo.

If you have your Store content installed any other way then by downloading from the EA site and installing through your launcher then you will need to redownload the stuff from your purchase history and install again through the launcher. Otherwise the Store fix is not working.

If you 'acquired' your Store stuff through any other means, don't bother asking for help, buy it.

Deformed Pets
G33/G31 Graphics Card are pretty much confirmed at making your pets distorted. Either buy a new card or don't buy Pets. Read all about it here: Possible Incompatibility with the G33/G31 Graphics Card

Abbreviations used
MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
AP = Apaloosa Plains, Pets Neighborhood
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site
Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
AHQ Tutorial

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2012
    Info

Please include the following info to your post

I can't help you properly if I don't have this info and it's a pain for all if I have to keep getting back to people.

Everyone

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    4. Do you have Pets or just the Patch ?
    5. Did you start a new game for Pets or are you playing an existing ones ?
    6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)

Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature

- What EPs do you own
    - Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can't read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
    - Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?
    - Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?

Graphical Issues

- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can't read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …), expecially your graphic card
    - Do you have advanced rendering on (Options - Graphics)
    - What date has your graphic card driver
    - If you are unsure where to find this info, read this: Finding Devices and Updating Drivers

Issues with Objects

- What are they ? Store, Custom Content or ingame ?
    - Did you fix your CC (see post 1).

Pets teleporting to the edge of the map when using a store bought bathtub

- Are there ANY store tubs that DON'T have the issue ?
    - Do you have the Store patch ?
    - How do you have your Store stuff installed (mods folder or launcher)

Blocky/strange looking fur

- Do you have advanced rendering on ?
    - Is it only the fur or do you have other graphical issues ?
    - What is your graphic card and are your drivers up-to-date ?

Bulgy eyes and see-through animals

- Do you have advanced rendering on ?
    - Is it only the fur or do you have other graphical issues ?
    - What is your graphic card and are your drivers up-to-date ?

Strecky animals when using certain interactions

- Which interactions cause strecky animals ?
    - Are the animals little owns or grown ?
    - Are toddlers involved as well ?

How to find your post and my answer

At the moment, I'm still trying to get everyone an answer.

To find your own post, make sure you write down the page you posted on. My answer is most likely in my next post.

I'll be linking all my answer post in here, including page number (starting from page 78)

You'll find the newest one under Current Status.

Page 98,
    Page 97,Page 96,Page 96,Page 96,Page 95,Page 95, Page 94, Page 92, Page 91, Page 91, Page 90, Page 89, Page 88, Page 88, Page 85, Page 84, Page 83, Page 83, Page 81, Page 80, Page 79,Page 79, Page 78, Page 78, Page 78
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited July 2012
    Common Bugs

This posts describes some of the more common bugs and links to possible solutions. These bugs have been identified as such and if you have them, there is no need to report them again, unless you have further info to add.

Horse animation is choppy

Once a horse reaches racing level 10, the animation gets choppy

Here's a fix for that: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/535313.page

Objects not working correctly

4gIj7.jpg

Most CC Objects are broken with the new patch and need updating. See first post for more detail.

It also seems that some Store CC is not working. If you have issue, reinstall them. If you installed them as packages, you will need to fix them like cc.

Spiral Staircases not working with the Patch

It seems that Sims have troubles getting downstairs if the spiral staircase is too close to the wall or railing. Try turning the staircases a little.

Also the interaction use stairs is now missing. This seems to be a patch only issue.

Pet skill issues

Issues:
    - Dogs/Cats can't learn hunting skill
    - Horses get no racing skills
    - Riding skill is only gained after dismounting the horse (ZeekSlider)
    - Cats gain skill with no apparent reason (elanorbreton)

Solution to this issue (no mod required)
    - Open your cheat console with ctl-shift-c
    - Type testingcheatsenabled true
    - Hold down your shift key AND click on the mail box at the same time
    - Click on static needs
    - After your pet is done learning the kill you can turn back to dynamic needs doing the same thing again (testingcheats should still be enabled)
    - To turn of the cheat type testingcheatsenabled false in the cheat console.

Read more about the issue here: BUG: Pets can't learn certain skills

Sims can't fish with bait

Please provide info here: Fishing problems...

--> According to Twallan this bug is caused by some references that EA forgot to take out when changing something. Overwatch is probably the only solution atm.

Pets get teleported outside the map

Reports:
    - Druscylla
    - Mineko
    - vayleen

Read more about the issue here: BUG: Animals are teleported to the edge of the map

Animals are able to get Stylist makeover

Cancel the task

Animals stretch when doing certain interactions

Issues
    - Sniffing another cat: Jurik1124
    - Child petting raccoon: Animastar
    - Cats vomit: Desirai
    - Puppy growls at mailman: Lendyyen
    - dog was transitioning from playful chase to dig hole: smjjames
    - Dog walk near door and tv: jobug1015
    - Hunting battle Animations (Desirai)
    - Sitting down (samccray139)

Cooking gourmet food

- Sims can cook gourmet food with only the patch.
    - Sims can't cook gourmet food at all.

This seems to only affect Sims that had maxed-out cooking skill before patching.

BUG: Gourmet Pet Food

Multi-Select portraits

BUG: Multi-Selected Portraits

- swag6883
    - Srich83
    - jobug1015
    - Resender1
    - HAUSoftheAM
    - LaBlue0314
    AHQ Tutorial

edited November 2011
    List of reported bugs

This is the list of reported bugs. For bugs in building, options and issues with graphics, please check out the other posts on this page. Some of them might not be bugs, so if you have more info on those, please post.

Probably not Bugs

- Age sliders have changed. They have a new high value
    - Horses walking backwards (Sometimes far distances: (Lendyyen).
    - Puppies can't walk stairs on their own
    - Dogs don't die when struck by a meteor (?) (ZeekSlider)
    - Pets are able to gain more than five traits from behavioral training (smjjames)
    - Stalkish Ice Cream truck --> Seems to stay there until you buy something
    - Sims get flees from their pets ? (ZeekSlider)

Patch Only

- Sims are able to cook dog food with the Patch only. Food gets stuck in inventory afterwards.
    - You can buy carrots but they are invisible and can't be planted (keshialee)
    - Auto-Sprinkler doens't work anymore and can't be upgraded (CodySimstein)

Troubles with cheats

- bunbunnyny
    - Edit In CAS Cheat makes horses un-rideable (simgreen, simgreen)

Caused by outdated mods
    Just a heads up: If you play the patched game with any flavor of my fewer/no memory mod, wishes disappear and the panels with motives/inventory/etc cannot be displayed at all (clicking the button to expand them does nothing).

So if anyone has this behavior, check if you have an outdated memory mod.

The following bugs are usually caused by a mod:

- Missing interactions
    - Missing Traits
    - Missing Wants
    - Missing LTW
    - Unridable horses
    - Streching Animals
    - Saddles become unremovable

Deformed Pets in CAS
    Johna's Stand in CAS and Replaced CAS animations - three flavors

Zoom in CAS not working
    Zoom in CAS mod

Pets related

Misc Horse Issues

- Horses can call firemen to thank them (DreadWizardDM)
    - Can't direct a foal to sleep in the stall (Marirae, Twoyys4me)
    - Eletronic Safeguard Gates don't let horses through. Also an issue with other gates. Works with new gates. More issues when leading the horse (etherealwog, TanyaRubirose, ZeekSlider, simbilN99, poundpuppy2001)
    - Horses try to enter houses, public bathrooms, climb steps etc to get to sims or other pets (Desirai, (CutieKitty)).
    - Box stalls when butted up against each other will occasionally say they are being used if the stalls next to them are occupied (JoieDeVivre, corvusdei)
    - Foals spontaneously appearing and disappearing
    - Sim randomly dismounts horse (Desirai, (CutieKitty))
    - "Training Fatigue" moodlet even when he hasn't been training (Lendyyen)
    - Mane changes with every saddle (Desirai)
    - Horses can't play with the training ball (needs tons of space around)
    - Horse not able to exercise (CutieKitty)

Misc Dog/Cats Issues

- Cats can't use elevators (MLadyAzzera).
    - Puppy can't be picked up (ldmarko, Rachelrita3)
    - Guard House doesn't really work. Burglar still steals stuff (ZeekSlider, ZeekSlider & others)
    - Mark as favorite sleeping spot doesn't take priority (ZeekSlider)
    - Missing have Fun option on my Cat so laser can't be used (TINA180)
    - Kittens get into pet beds, they hang off the edge instead of actually in the bed (Desirai)
    - Dogs change to mutts (lolafv, HamtaroLuver3) --> Changing anything on a animal, makes them not pure breed anymore.
    - Kittens can't be brought up on the elevator (Conclue)
    - Mess-up with the "Best in the Show" pet competition (SimMyLife)
    - Can't bring kittens in the car to community lots (DowntownBabe)
    - Cat looses play ful trait when playing with the wall dancer (thecub)
    - Cats don't put stuff back into the toybox. They are stuck in their mouth (Cyron43) --> Don't place the box outside.
    - Problem involving play fetch and celebrities (GrandmaSnoodle)
    - Big dogs can't enter high-rises (k2m1too)

Misc Animal Issues

- Annoying Pop-up about becoming BFF with the animals although there are no relationship changes (ajstins, Bonjourwoman)
    - Male pets that are adopted or purchased retain their last name 'Horse or Dog' instead of changing to the family name of the Sim household as the females do (JoieDeVivre)
    - Households hat have pets up for adoption cannot be evicted, split up, made active household, etc. (Narcissa)
    - All pets up for adoption are either kittens or elders (Narcissa)
    - No 'Adopt' action for stray even if the relationship level is max (Narcissa, CrayZ).
    - Wild horses can't be adopted because "riding level is not high enough" even with level 10 (Narcissa)
    - Adopting a pet takes forever and blocks traveling and moving (oldish_gold)
    - Random Animal dying (Rachelrita3)
    - Animals can be asked to go skinny dipping (LisaV913z)
    - Pet family tree not showing anymore (Srich83, Langrussen)
    - Turtle leaves a feather when attacked by a cat (Simmerville)

Misc Minor Animal Issues

- Animals that are taken out of their cages, can't be put back (xOEDragonx)
    - Escaping animals get stuck on objects Desirai
    - Disappearing baby pets in inactive families (Rubysim) --> Used for adoption pool ?
    - Adoption might not work very well when SP is turned off (KitKat86)

Misc Stray/wild animal/Unicorn Issues

- Gnomes succeed at repelling strays, which was their advertised function, their attract mode doesn't work, but instead continues to repel (TanyaRubirose)
    - Unicorns loose their horns on moving them to a new hood (LisaV913z, DivaOfDarkness, Neeq)
    - Can't adopt unicorns or wild horses (ZeekSlider)

Aging issues

- Existent aging issues
    - Birds don't live very long (corvusdei)
    - Adopted kitten age into adults/elders within days (Anneee, ltd2mp87)
    - Pets don't age (albertabrnc, swag6883)
    - No one ages (abartel1)
    - Everyone is at end of sliders with aging off (Conclue)

Issues with meters & moodlets

- Animal mood meter are stuck or decay very fast (hugsalot12, Fluzzy, corvusdei) --> Can probably be solved with Twallan's Overwatch Mod
    - Need-Bars decay very quickly (Penelope)
    - Pets social meter decays very fast (samccray139)
    - Sims get the betrayed moodlet when horses try for foal (bexta89)

Feeding/Eating issues

- Sims are being served dog food at the restaurant: OMG hilarious glitch thanks to Pets Patch
    - Cat keeps going to the food bowl even though they aren't hungry (ajstins)
    - Dog lies down to eat (lovenadia)
    - Eating cats/dogs half stick through walls (see routing issues below)
    - When my dog chews on the bone toy from the toybox, some of the time it floats in mid air behind the dog (KayPapagei)

Ice Cream Truck

- Ice Cream Truck is getting stuck on the road (catloverplayer)

Routing/Animation issues

- Pets can't go down a platform (Marirae)
    - Pets get stuck in platforms (PastryOfDeath)
    - Pets get stuck in foundations (simsfan95173, Aonir)
    - Pets walk through walls & Objects (Nokuoro, Desirai, KayPapagei, Desirai, solari3, solari3)
    - Pathing issues when standing next to a horse after having performed a clean hooves or brush (JoieDeVivre).
    - Sims are having difficulty putting out fires in their home --> possible routing issue with pets (ZeekSlider)
    - When horses get stuck between objects or sims, they will be walking in place but not actually going anywhere (Desirai)
    - Sometimes when cats get out of the litter box, they don't animate correctly and just kind of.. disappear then reappear out of the box (Desirai)
    - When dogs or cats destroy objects, there's no animation, just noise (Desirai)
    - Jump course Routing error (corvusdei)
    - Horses can't escape fences (corvusdei)
    - Routing issues with bird cage (lovints2)
    - Routing issues with horses (Leana30LG)
    - Misc routing issues (DijanaMenatas, ashleyadorable, catloverplayer)
    - Sims' feet get stuck in the ground on dismounting (KitKat86, reiayuy)
    - Dogs get stuck in fences (Beachxbit)
    - Horse keeps teleporting into my garage and can't escape throught the open garage door. He also keeps trying to use sim doors (Narcissa)
    - Horse trying to nap inside the house (Penelope)
    - Horse and sim get stuck after dismounting in the stall (crazylilelf8106)
    - Pets and Sims slide instead of walk (svlyn)

Jumping / Action interruption / teleporting
    - Sims randomly stopping training, or immediately dismounting after mounting a horse(JoieDeVivre).
    - Autonomous actions don't seem to cancel out of another Sim's queue (Nik24X7)
    - Terrorizing the Mailman cancels out actions in progress (ZeekSlider)
    - Teleporting issue on training course (HamtaroLuver3)
    - While on the training ground, horse jumps to porch (Srich83)
    - Dog goes to bed but sort of jumps to the back of the small bed then forward to where he should be (midge719)
    - Horse and rider getting teleported across the map when doing jumping course (Resender1)

Lifetime wishes, wishes and Lifetime rewards

- LTR change in taste: New music types are not available for choosing (zefiewings)
    - Animals don't trigger the "has earned enough for a lifetime happiness award" notification (Leana30LG)
    - Equestrian Competition prize money resets on exit/travelling/moving (KitKat86, LisaV913z)
    - Missing Pet Rewards (TammyGrantSim)

Freezing and lags

Please check this post for some solutions:
    BUG: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

- Game kind of stalls/freezes when I have the dog sniff out collectables (ajstins).
    - Issues with the Autumn and Christmas free store sets (Writin_Reg)
    - Issue with the Fountain of Youth (DarkAmaranth1966)
    - Possible issue with the pet shop items (jonas3333)

Appaloosa Plains Issues

- No change outfit option on Sim in AP (Jurik1124)
    - Generating bartender missions for the parks (which don't have bars) (Leana30LG)
    - Default bathroom layouts don't accommodate dog (Leana30LG).
    - Default house layouts cause pathing issues (Leana30LG).

Misc Issues

- silhouette Pictures in wishes and queue (smjjames, pendragon1980)
    - Horse Gnomes don't stop spawning (LisaV913z)
    - Upgrade to water trough to 'automatically refill' has resulted in a non removable puddle (Twoyys4me)
    - Items from other EPs are missing (purefoysgirl) --> EA is aware and working on the issue.
    - Chewed up items appear fine after reloading but the can't be replaced or chewed up again (svlyn)
    - Mix-up between dying Sim and Pet (Joolster)
    - Sims gets stuck on the riding motion (Lauren919)
    - Clock is running very fast on normal (samccray139)
    - Pet Shop cannot be found ingame (many reports)
    - Sim never got certificate for mastering riding skill (ZeekSlider)
    - Visitors are stealing pets after visiting (corvusdei)

crings.png
    - Some fish are invisible when held up (or very small) (gr1zzly)
    - Sim falling asleep even though they have a full energy bar (HarleyGirl)
    - Jumping when trying to get mail (lovints2, smjjames)
    - Invisible fish in HELS tank & fish bowl(lovints2, Zoan, lovints2)
    - School bus not working as it should (ciane, anettesb)
    - Sims go swimming in fountains autonomously (legosim12)
    - Pregnancy but no maternity leave (ANGELAMERMAID)
    - Sims get the dark moodlet while sleeping (possible existing issue, albertabrnc, Desirai)
    - Check weekly events not showing on the newspaper and initiates a reset (SimMyLife, (crazylilelf8106))
    - Car pool never arrives at destination (samccray139)
    - Sim becoming invisible or when right clicking on portrait going to a location the sim isn't at (Resender1)
    - Not able to interact with baby (leianajade)
    - Issues with Burglar (samccray139)
    - Poke Fire animation is broken (Alistu)

cringsep01.png

- Temporary cars (the ones that pile up) are stuck after traveling (ZeekSlider)
    - Fish go missing after traveling (LadyArora)--> Unknown fish bug --> Fixed by ErrorTrap

cringsep02.png

- Objects bought from Consignment Store get put in the family inventory and are stuck there (Jjez)
    - Sims randomly turn into consignment store clerks (puffyamiumi22)

crinGSEP03.png

- Lights at clubs are turned off (ZeekSlider)
    - Pets investigate Vampires that are not on the lot (Desirai)

crinGSEP04.png

- Sims in bathing suits can't pillow fight (Desirai)
    - Issue with stuck sim after learning how to drive (Drood)

For some testing by Zeekslider, please refer to ZeekSlider's Sims 3 Pets Bug Log
    AHQ Tutorial

edited January 2012
    Other issues

Reports on bugs in other categories then live mode.

CAS/CAH
    - Layers have flees (Starrats)

Buy/Build Mods

- Objects unable to rotate in buy/build mode while they are red. Kind of frustrating, especially when wall lamps don't snap into place right away and you need to rotate them so that you can place them (MLadyAzzera).
    - Canceling interactions or not happening (MLadyAzzera).
    - Selecting Wallpaper/Wall Textures saved in Collection Folders negates the ability to pick either single tile or all tiles when placing on surfaces (ZeekSlider).
    - BuyDebug Objects put in Collections show up without the cheat (ZeekSlider)
    - Building roofs together gives them holes (Diamondkool)

Options

- The pet free-will slider constantly reverts back to "Off" after being set to "high free will" (StarlingGray)
    - Custom Age Slider not sticking (ZeekSlider)
    - Disable Autonomy doens't stick (Dweebg)

Graphical issues

More info about some of the graphical infos can be found here: ERROR: Distorted Animals

Please always post your graphic card when reporting graphical issues.

Some news can be found in this thread: ♦10/27/11 - Update for those with Deformed Pets/Graphic Issues - Please Read ♦

Strange white square on the screen

Screenshot-5.jpg

Reports
    - Resender1

Suggestions
    - Hosfac
    - k2m1too

See through animals, Bulky Eye issue

5530x2.jpg

georgia776.jpg

Possible fix: Turn on advanced rendering

- GeekyAngelGirl
    - sebiche3000

Strange/Blocky looking fur/ no fluffyness

1iexhl.png

NoFluff.jpg

- LumLotus
    - NotSoLucky

Please post in these threads with your info:
    My Pets have no fluff
    My Pets Have No Fluff -Companion Graphics Card List-

Eyes of Horses have no reflection and are all black

eyepic-1.jpg

- Sherry1968
    - Desirai

Threads in other forums
    - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=458571

Dogs have horrible eyes when inside

Screenshot-19-6.jpg

- simsgal2227

Stretchy Heads

301387_10150339975195983_589550982_8656525_1249589173_n.jpg

EatChees

Stretchy Animals

This is either a case of an outdated mod or of a missing EA Animations (see second post)

Distorted Animals

n8h641fygxiu.jpg

Seems to be an issue with certain graphic cards.

Please refer to this thread: Possible Incompatibility with the G33/G31 Graphics Card

Everyone please help make a list of what works and what not by posting here: About graphics cards-EVERYONE please read!

Dog toy leaves a line sticking out

Screenshot-40-7.jpg

simsgal2227

Transparent Ghost Hair

2lm14b7.jpg

Reports:
    - JoJo_Nett
    - dorenwithcats

Fried Graphic cards

If you have a high-end graphic card and you want to keep it, make sure you use FPS limiter or other means to limit the FPS to 60 FPS. Pets seems to be a lot more demanding on the graphics then the game was before, so make sure your card is save.

The game itself has no limitation, so you will either need a very good cooling system or to limit the FPS. To check your FPS, use the cheat fps on

Post here if you need assistance: Lowering/Limited FPS on GeForce 210 GPU - Uhm, HOW?!
    AHQ Tutorial

edited January 2012
    Existing Bugs/ Existng Bugs fixed

Common bugs that have existed before this EP.

If you are seeing any kind of Sim Corruption as described below, please post in this thread:
    Blank or Missing Sim Icons, Missing UIs, Missing Interactions and Clones

Sim/Neighborhood Corruption
    Sim Corruption comes in all kinds of flavors and has been going on for a while. Sims get stuck (on objects, on beds, on each other), jump out of interactions, turn invisible and as a ultimate corruption you loose your UI. There's a loooong thread on the issue in the technical forum: Lags & Invisible, Frozen & Stuck Sims. I can't help out over there right now but there are lots of people with long time experience with the issue. You also find some info on it linked in the first post.

What can you do when it happens to you ?
    First thing you can try (if you are not opposed to mods that is) is try if Twallan's ErrorTrap or Overwatch can save anything. It's important that you are patch level 1.26 to use ErrorTrap. You might find ScriptErrors after that in your documents folder. Post them in Twallan's forum. He can help you out. NOT here, I can't really read most of them.

That didn't work
    If you are attached to your family/town, I would suggest, moving everything to a new town. Unfortunatly with the EA approach you loose all your relationships this way (you won't loose any skills this way). You could also use the Twallan's Porter to achieve the same AND keep your relationships.

Na, still nothing
    Then I would suggest, resetting your user data and start a brand new game. I can be hard, I know but sometimes it's the only way to still enjoy the game.

The corruption might come back after a while so I do recommend using Overwatch to prevent most of the causes of this corruption.

If really nothing helps at all, you might need to reinstall your game, clean your registry and defrag your computer.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-KjYQY_UCje4/TGGOVGA40WI/AAAAAAAAA9Y/m1wV_U8qX_Y/s1600/crinbugfree.png[/img]

- Excavation Bug
    - Photography Bug

crinbug.png

- Car piling up bug
    - Tattoo chair still reset the age
    - Still can't use grocery store with seeds in the inventory
    - Issue with go home --> http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/285/444912.page#6679646 http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/360/444912.page#6683408, Desirai
    - Missing Sims on traveling
    - Canceling a repair job gets it stuck (ZeekSlider) is back
    - Field trips are broken again.

More info on bug fixes can be found here: What DID they FIX exactly?!
    AHQ Tutorial

• smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited October 2011
    *bounce* (just to say something different than bump) for the Aussies who are getting them a week early.......
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited October 2011
    Updating my bookmarks! I'll be posting when I get the EP to confirm and add any reported bugs.
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited October 2011
    :lol: I swear Crin I thought the email I read at 7am was a dream. You really did start the thread. :P

I'll be around til Friday for ya, then on release I'm going into hiding :mrgreen:
  • smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited October 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Updating my bookmarks! I'll be posting when I get the EP to confirm and add any reported bugs.

Looking forward to yours and others reports for any new major bugs.
  • MishikinsMishikins Posts: 231 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for making the post :-) I was just thinking that it'd be nice to have a place to go when I'm waiting to see how bad the bugs are going to be! *Crossing my fingers for a relatively bug-free game* Is it sad that we're completely prepared like this and yet we still buy these products? :lol:
  • Bel008Bel008 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for your very helpful thread. :D
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited October 2011

I said i'd try and keep this front page, So i will!
    This thread will help & I will be sure to post any problems i have when i do get the game.
    Its already helped me.. I forgot about moving mods & cc. :oops:
    Thank you!
  • AmberM66AmberM66 Posts: 904 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Mishikins wrote:
    Thanks for making the post :-) I was just thinking that it'd be nice to have a place to go when I'm waiting to see how bad the bugs are going to be! *Crossing my fingers for a relatively bug-free game* Is it sad that we're completely prepared like this and yet we still buy these products? :lol:

I was just thinking the same thing haha. We all know there's gonna be problems but we still reorder and get ourselves worked up for months over a new expansion :P
    edited October 2011
    This thread will help & I will be sure to post any problems i have when i do get the game.
    Thank you!
    Don't bump this thread until the actual bug reports start coming in. Otherwise, it may get moved somewhere else where nobody would see it.
  • ranma6899ranma6899 Posts: 336 Member
    edited October 2011
    i hope they fix my store items uninstalling itself

i didnt have in right order first time so i wanted fresh start i put in order now i got problem with my store items and store world uninstalling itself
  • SimsVIP_AdminSimsVIP_Admin Posts: 1,091 Member
    edited October 2011
    ranma6899 wrote:
    i hope they fix my store items uninstalling itself

i didnt have in right order first time so i wanted fresh start i put in order now i got problem with my store items and store world uninstalling itself

This has been an issue since Late Night. The only solution I can offer you (that works) is here: Removed Content
  • emilyfentyemilyfenty Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for posting this thread. I know it will be very helpful for us when we find bugs in the game. I never had bugs from GEN since it was more of an objects game. With Pets though, I'm more than certain I will come across them (I hope not though!).

Thanks again and happy Simming! :mrgreen:
    edited October 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Thank you!
    Don't bump this thread until the actual bug reports start coming in. Otherwise, it may get moved somewhere else where nobody would see it.

I actually asked them too :)

Hi guys,

I'm back. I see that no actual reports are in yet. Are there people who have it yet ? (need to go check).
    AHQ Tutorial

• StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi Crinrict it seems nobody got it yet, but i just saw a post about someone found a game shop in US that was willing to sell already. Maybe the reports will get in soon, so im just sending the thread to the front page :)

Good luck!
    edited October 2011
    Will be gone for most of today but I hope that first impressions are rolling in soon.

AHQ Tutorial

• StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited October 2011
    Seems like some Aussies are getting it early as you predicted.
    Still waiting for the first game report, but it must be very close now...
    edited October 2011
    They seem to be way more strict this time. I've not seen any I have it threads as of yet.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited October 2011
    I'm seeing more "Where's my shipping notice e-mail?" than I am "I have it!" threads.

We'll see what happens over the course of the week.
    edited October 2011
    Hey, I'm curious. Has anyone actually tried this?

http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/78
    QUESTION
    What number can I call if I need assistance with a technical, gameplay, account, or billing issue?

ANSWER
    If you have a question about a technical, gameplay, account, or billing issue, we suggest that you first search our knowledge base by clicking the "Advanced Search" link on the left side of the screen.

For best results, select your product and as much relevant information as you can from the dropdowns before searching. Chances are that you'll find some useful information about your problem.

If you are still having trouble and would like to contact us, you can do one of the following:
      Submit a Request to Origin Help by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the left side of the screen. You can easily send us file attachments such as screenshots this way. Note: You will be prompted to log in to your EA account, or create a new one.
      Call us toll free at 1-866-543-5435 (1-650-628-1001 outside of North America) from 7:00am-9:00pm CST, 7 days a week.
      Chat with us live 24-7. Get 'round the clock support by visiting our chat page.

I know this thread is suppose to act as a collection of bug reports that will be coming in, but if we want any of them to be fixed, we may have to try these avenues. If anything, long-standing issues like the Excavation Bug may be finally fixed. Anything, really, to get my Photography ability back. I miss playing as a Stylist. :(
    edited October 2011
    Patch is out so please start reporting:

I'm interested to know:

- Are there any new bugs ?
    - Are any of the more common bugs (photography, excavation, cars in inventory, ...) fixed or not ?

Please post aways and gurus please sticky.
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top