March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited September 2011
    :thumbup: I love it! Can't wait for auntielynds to see! I cannot tell you how beatiful, amazing, and helpful this is/could be!
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited September 2011
    Wonderful tut!

I've got you in the FAQ under "Waterfalls, Rivers, Surf, & Caves"

This is my fav pic :mrgreen:

23.jpg
  • 8NiSci88NiSci8 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited September 2011
    Thanks, it really is amazing what can be achieved with CAW. Especially when you adjust the different objects' heights and rotations. :D
  • xmerokoxxmerokox Posts: 149 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Thank you so much! Great job, the instructions seem clear :D
  • VanillaTwilight93VanillaTwilight93 Posts: 349 Member
    edited September 2011
    Great idea! That cave looks beautiful :mrgreen:
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited September 2011
    How do I get the cave not to show the insides without putting up a mountain?
    I'm also using the Asian Rocks, but they have giant holes on the bottom, so they keep revealing their giant hole every time I raise it up for the ceiling!
    edited September 2011
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    How do I get the cave not to show the insides without putting up a mountain?
    I'm also using the Asian Rocks, but they have giant holes on the bottom, so they keep revealing their giant hole every time I raise it up for the ceiling!

I'm not sure I understand your first question. The mountain I have is only used to blend the cave into its surrounding terrain. It doesn't actually hide the cave's interior. The large rocks are what do that.

As for the ceiling, I primarily used the Rock - Cavern - Asian and Rock - Cilff Wall - Asian rocks. I rotated them, so their long flat surfaces were parallel to the ground. This left the open edges either facing towards or away from the mountain. In most cases, I positioned the open edges of the similar rocks towards each other (requires a 180 rotation of one rock). This covered most of the gaps. Then I used the Rock - XLarge - Asian rocks to fill in the gaps.

If you don't want to include a mountain side, the best way to cover the blank edges would be to face two rocks' blank edges next to each other. I actually have two of the largest rocks facing each other for most of my cave roof. Like I said in the tutorial, this was the most time consuming step, but it'll come together with enough tweaking. :wink:

Let me know if I answered your question.
    edited September 2011
    Also, thank you to everyone for the compliments. :mrgreen:
  • KayPapageiKayPapagei Posts: 974 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Oh gosh, thats beautiful. What a fantastic idea. A cave is one thing I haven't yet tried... Infact, I'm off to CAW right now to try it out!!!
  • AngelicMiseryAngelicMisery Posts: 397 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Why did I read this just before heading off to bed!? Trying this is all I'm going to think about tomorrow! :D
    Great guide, and some really beautiful pictures.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited October 2011
    This is a great tutorial, thank you so much!!
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    edited October 2011
    Because I love tutorial threads. BUMP
  • fido091fido091 Posts: 105 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks! Looks great, good instructions aswell. :mrgreen:
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 1,167 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Thank you so much! :D I have already used this way of making a cave, but i made it a tunnel, it looks cool, thanks for the inspiration, i also used retaining walls as walls for the tunnel , which also works well! :mrgreen:
    edited October 2011
    IceBro wrote:
    Thank you so much! :D I have already used this way of making a cave, but i made it a tunnel, it looks cool, thanks for the inspiration, i also used retaining walls as walls for the tunnel , which also works well! :mrgreen:

Do you have pictures?