Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Pets Demo, Not Working?

So I just downloaded the Sims 3 Pets demo from origin like EA said, and i opened the launcher, clicked the play button and it worked until half way through the loading screen it just stopped and said 'Sims 3 has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Help? I really want to play it :)

Thanks xo

Comments

• suzyt1981suzyt1981 Posts: 9
    edited September 2011
    Mine did exactly the same thing. I even tried unistalling and re-installing but to no avail

Please help :?

thanks
  • rosecats27rosecats27 Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    mine said I had to enter a code... but I don't have a cade! :( idon't understand!
  • doodles8301doodles8301 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I got to play it-it was really cool, but then I cant play my regular game afterwards. It keeps saying error when I try to start the launcher. That demo is bad luck.
  • silvercandy79silvercandy79 Posts: 494 Member
    edited September 2011
    I was able to make mine work after I came across some other posts with good information. So for starters, the demo will try to access your Sims 3 folder in My Documents:

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

If you are like me and have mods and custom content, this causes a problem and causes crashing when on the loading screen. I took my current Sims 3 folder and temporarily named it something else, then tried the Pets install again.

This will prompt the installer to create a new Sims folder that's "clean". From there you should be able to run the demo without an error. When you want to go back to the regular game your original game folder will be unharmed and all you have to do is re-name it "The Sims 3" and name the Pets created folder something else.

Whenever I feel like messing with the demo I just do the re-name.

If your regular browser does not work or allow you to launch the regular game, you can always go to your bin folder for the game and click on the game exe file from there. For me, I go here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Generations\Game\Bin

And click on TS3EP04.exe

Hope this helps.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LinksLoveLinksLove Posts: 56
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, the mods must have something to do with it. I just yanked the mods folder out of the Sims 3 folder, and the game runs fine now.