Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Wild and Exotic Animals** (Showcase yours to be added to the front page)

Comments

• mcbeah29mcbeah29 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited October 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    Actually I'm wondering now, I'd like your guy's input, which image would work better for his exchange pic, the body shot or the headshot?

EDIT: Actually I changed it from the body shot to the headshot and re-uploaded it as I thought the headshot was a little more striking :wink:

I agree, I thought the head shot was great. I immediately knew I was looking at a hyena.

I'm curious, how do you change the exchange pic? I've been stuck with the avatar's the system generates, and they are never very pretty!
  • BRose87BRose87 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited October 2011
    Ok great thanks, I updated your uploads on the front page. Love the Tasmanian Devil! Nice head shape.
    edited October 2011
    I forgot to add my extinct Giraffes. I decided to make a series of 4 extinct horse-like giraffes (They're easy to make into a horse since they had short necks). So far I have the Shansitherium and the Sivatherium:

Shansitherium:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4665207
    Shansitherium1.jpg
    Shansitherium2.jpg

Sivatherium:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4665206
    Sivatherium1.jpg
    Sivatherium2.jpg
  • StarratsStarrats Posts: 288 Member
    edited October 2011
    edited October 2011
    Ahh sorry, I've been swamped with class, work, and designing my grandpa's new apartment he just moved into, lol. Added to the front page, sorry for the delay!
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited October 2011
    Really like your animals! They look like the real thing. Will def rec'd and download! :)
    edited October 2011
    Thanks 23sha28, I added your wolf pack to the front page.
    edited October 2011
    Finally had time after a busy weekend to redo/improve my original Gray Wolf. Made his coloration, markings, and facial features a little more realistic:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4690130
    Wolf1.jpg
    Wolf2.jpg
    edited October 2011
    <3 My Gallery ID is oOStarratsOo
    edited October 2011
    Starrats wrote:
    I made a Gray Wolf to :lol::lol:
    Lol, awesome. People are going to have wolf packs as pets. I'm uploading a black wolf in a bit.

BTW, how do you take screenshots while they're moving and doing their little animations? I tried to press "C" while selecting their personalities and it never took a screenshot.
    edited October 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    Starrats wrote:
    Lol, awesome. People are going to have wolf packs as pets. I'm uploading a black wolf in a bit.

BTW, how do you take screenshots while they're moving and doing their little animations? I tried to press "C" while selecting their personalities and it never took a screenshot.

I give them the trait and than I quickly press the accept button while they are still busy with the animation and then I take the picture :wink:
    <3 My Gallery ID is oOStarratsOo
    edited October 2011
    Starrats wrote:
    LittleV wrote:
    Starrats wrote:

I give them the trait and than I quickly press the accept button while they are still busy with the animation and then I take the picture :wink:
    Hmm, ok. So I guess it's all about timing then. It wouldn't even flash or make the camera sound when I tried. There are several poses that would be great for either more cartoony dogs or cuter breeds. Like that happy face they get lol.
    edited October 2011
    Oh yeah I didn't add my black wolf yet. He's solid black with the banded black and tawny brown guard hairs. It's the coloration that is most exaggerated in their longer winter coat:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4692238
    BlackWolf1.jpg
    BlackWolf2.jpg

Loosly based off of this coloration:
    black-wolf-2.jpg
    black%20wolf.jpg
    edited October 2011
    And also, of course, a white wolf with ice-blue eyes:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4699953
    WhiteWolf.jpg
    WhiteWolf2.jpg
    edited October 2011
    I took some screenshots of a zoo I made in-game with 6 "wild" horses/antelope. I also found all the true wild horses in-game and edited them in CAS to give them the appearance of actual Przeswalski's wild horses. Now they no longer look like domesticated horses, but true wild horses. Here's a couple roaming around the world:

Screenshot-160.jpg
    Screenshot-161.jpg
    Extra.jpg

And here are a few shots of the animals in my zoo:

Quagga:
    Screenshot-193.jpg
    Bongo Antelope:
    Screenshot-195.jpg
    Greater Kudu:
    Screenshot-175.jpg
    Przewalski's Wild Horse:
    Screenshot-189.jpg
    African Wild "Horse":
    Screenshot-180.jpg
    Kiang Wild "Horse":
    Screenshot-186.jpg
  • KenMoKenMo Posts: 240
    edited November 2011
    That looks awesome
    (bump XD)
  • bellgirlvnbellgirlvn Posts: 448 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Wow LittleV they all look so realistic...I love the wild horses and the quagga! The kudu is awesome too, though it would be great if it had some horn accesories, lol...don't suppose that's possible :cry:

Screenshot-268-1.jpg
    My final red fox (brighter coat than the one pictured) is on MTS:
    http://modthesims.info/d/460739

And here's the first baby panda I made, though I still really need to go work on this one:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4810581

Screenshot-327-1.jpg

Screenshot-329.jpg

Screenshot-324.jpg
  • KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    Old thread, but, I had a go at recreating some (no CC/Mods/Store Content!)

www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9059468 European Cave Lion
    www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9059469 Giant European SaberTooth
    www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9059471 "Baby" European Cave SaberTooth

(sorry, can't post pics!)
  • Daws_The_DuckDaws_The_Duck Posts: 5 New Member
    Wow! So good!
  • Morgana7420Morgana7420 Posts: 16 New Member
    I notice a lot of your animals are in Zoo Tycoon 2... have I just found a fellow lover?!
    I notice a lot of your animals are in Zoo Tycoon 2... have I just found a fellow lover?!

Ahh, Zoo Tycoon 2… Just sitting beside me at the moment not far away. :)
    Though, I do miss some of the specific animal add-on downloads for it...

Honestly though my Sims 3 Pets that I based off prehistoric felines or canines are simply from google image searching "prehistoric" and then felines or canines and going by those images.

I do plan to go more cats/dogs/horses in Sims 3 here...
  • Morgana7420Morgana7420 Posts: 16 New Member
    KARRKITT wrote: »

Ahh, Zoo Tycoon 2… Just sitting beside me at the moment not far away. :)
    Though, I do miss some of the specific animal add-on downloads for it...

Honestly though my Sims 3 Pets that I based off prehistoric felines or canines are simply from google image searching "prehistoric" and then felines or canines and going by those images.

I do plan to go more cats/dogs/horses in Sims 3 here...

Zoo tycoon 2 was literally my life. I can't believe they haven't made a zoo tycoon 3 for pc! I think there's one on xbox?

If you do horses, do you use custom sliders and stuff? I LOVE the horses that are made to be realistic. I've been recently trying to join Equus Sims, but my account hasn't been verified yet. Also love the realistic dogs, base game breeds aren't that detailed and are pretty inaccurate and it frustrates me. I am so bad at CAS as well so I can't figure out how to do it as professionally as other people!!! :#
    CAS/CAP does take a bit to get used to, but isn't impossible to recreate some breeds.

My old pets on my studio page probably did use sliders, but I do know for a fact that my Sims Elf and Orc didn't.
    I also made recently another sim (not up) to do a Sims challenge, but with a twist of merging two into one.