Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I thought pregnant sims weren't suppose to use exercise machines...

Screenshot-777.jpg
Screenshot-776.jpg
:shock:

This kind of surprised me because in the past pregnant sims were unable to use exercise equipment. I know they can work out by using the TV or radio, but hm. Interesting. Is this something new with generations or have pregnant sims always been able to use exercise machines in sims 3?

Comments

• BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Screenshot-777.jpg
    Screenshot-776.jpg
    :shock:

This kind of surprised me because in the past pregnant sims were unable to use exercise equipment. I know they can work out by using the TV or radio, but hm. Interesting. Is this something new with generations or have pregnant sims always been able to use exercise machines in sims 3?

I believe they can since the base game in sims 3. Pregnant sims just can't use the hot tub or get involved in fights. But slapping is okay.
  • piratekitagpiratekitag Posts: 3,326 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Ah okay. I knew that they are unable to use the hot tub but didn't know about the fighting-it makes sense though.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited September 2011
    they can use the pump machine, but they can't treadmill or the hottub
    6adMCGP.gif
  • piratekitagpiratekitag Posts: 3,326 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Hm, interesting. Though wouldn't a strength/weight machine be as dangerous as a treadmill? Too bad sims didn't have yoga or something of that sort- I know that's something that pregnant women can do safely. Exercise balls are good too, hm.
  • EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    edited August 2012
    One of my Sims is trying to induce his girlfriend into labor this way. :lol::lol:
  • BlueMoon369BlueMoon369 Posts: 54 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Is this something new with generations or have pregnant sims always been able to use exercise machines in sims 3?

nope, my pregnant sims in sims 3 have always been able to use that type of exercise machine. just not treadmills.
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2012
    Treadmills make you thinner, whereas the workout bench makes you more muscular. So obviously, pregnant sims can't get thinner, per se, but they can still gain muscle, so that's why they can't use the treadmill :3
  • memeisocoolmemeisocool Posts: 21 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Yeh you cant use a treadmill but you can use the workout bench :)
  • meganc81587meganc81587 Posts: 62 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I usually just let my simmys be pregnant.. no excersing just a lot of relaxing.. Kind of what I did when I was pregnant, eat & sleep :)
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2012
    I would think the treadmill would be safer (to walk on not run) than that machine seeing as im pregnant in real life and i can't use what she's using but i can still use the treadmill :?

I too also thought sims could only use the tv and radio to work out not the machines....interesting
  • lucyajoneslucyajones Posts: 31 Member
    One of my Sims is attempting to incite his better half in the process of childbirth along these lines.