Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isle of Sims II and now Isle of Sims III =]

124...Next

Comments

• DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    I just got back from emailing you... so you're REMINDED to check it. :-)

Thank you for the quick answer! Good to know! Much appreciated!

Oh .. I BETTER get the expansions since I paid for them!! Ha ha. Seriously, I've got tracking numbers and they will be here unless something happens to the post offices in the USA. ;-)

If you read the email I sent to you it speaks to why I'm submerged in the Sims 3 currently and how much I appreciate your help!! :-)

OH... one reason I might NOT have problems is because I disconnect from the internet when I'm playing the Sims to avoid automatic "updates" by Nvidia, MS, Windows, Adobe, etc. etc. etc. which are detrimental to my gameplay! When disconnected from the internet, all my computer resources are dedicated to the Sims game and minor processes to run my computer ONLY. And ... I scan, clean, defrag, update Windows, etc every WEEK which makes a huge difference when running the Sims 3 in my opinion.

Ok... I'm off to test!!! YAY!!!

Dart
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @Rflong7 Hi! First off, I want to thank you for all the wonderful worlds you have given us :) Thanks

I have just started a new game on Isle of Sims III and I just love it. I am having a strange problem though with one of the commercial buildings, Molto Bene (I hope I spelled that correctly).

I have just had my sim stop by and every surface is covered in dirty dishes. Everyone has the disgusted moodlet, even the barista. I can't get it cleaned up. Have you any tips on how to fix this? I have already cleared caches, ccleaned and restarted the game so I'm not sure what the next step is.

I just went back in and added a few trash cans, compactors and removed a couple of counters (my barista acted as though she couldn't leave the area behind the counters) Still no one will clean up :s
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

If you have any ideas please let me know :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @Kgaff wrote: »
    @Rflong7 Hi! First off, I want to thank you for all the wonderful worlds you have given us :) Thanks

I have just started a new game on Isle of Sims III and I just love it. I am having a strange problem though with one of the commercial buildings, Molto Bene (I hope I spelled that correctly).

I have just had my sim stop by and every surface is covered in dirty dishes. Everyone has the disgusted moodlet, even the barista. I can't get it cleaned up. Have you any tips on how to fix this? I have already cleared caches, ccleaned and restarted the game so I'm not sure what the next step is.

I just went back in and added a few trash cans, compactors and removed a couple of counters (my barista acted as though she couldn't leave the area behind the counters) Still no one will clean up :s
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Hi :)

Oh, Goodness- What a mess. :(

Cleaning your caches won't do anything, I don't think. Do you have any mods? Is it happening anywhere else?

Rflong7 wrote: »

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Cleaning your caches won't do anything, I don't think. Do you have any mods? Is it happening anywhere else?

Nope, no mods and I play CC free. I don't think it's happening anywhere else but I haven't really checked. It's the weirdest thing I've encountered.
    I have all the EPs, most of the stuff packs, all the worlds and the entire store so I don't think I'm missing anything that would make this happen.
    Kgaff wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Rflong7 Hi! First off, I want to thank you for all the wonderful worlds you have given us :) Thanks

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Nope, no mods and I play CC free. I don't think it's happening anywhere else but I haven't really checked. It's the weirdest thing I've encountered.
    I have all the EPs, most of the stuff packs, all the worlds and the entire store so I don't think I'm missing anything that would make this happen.

I'm so sorry but I have no idea why it would do that. I have had it happen in parks but found it was a mod I had installed- years ago that was. :(
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member

@Kgaff try putting a sink in the same room as the food supplier and change your tables. I found some tables won't auto clean on commercial lots and had to change tables several times before it would work. Don't remember what tables I got to finally work, but its worth a try. Good luck.
    Moinesse wrote: »
    @Kgaff try putting a sink in the same room as the food supplier and change your tables. I found some tables won't auto clean on commercial lots and had to change tables several times before it would work. Don't remember what tables I got to finally work, but its worth a try. Good luck.

Thanks, I'll try that. Isn't it odd some of the strange things this game does from time to time. :confused:
    edited September 2017
    @Rflong7 I thought I would share with you what I ultimately ended up doing to solve the dishes problem.

I tried the ideas @Moinesse gave but found out that even in build mode with "testingcheatsenabled true" on you cannot remove the dishes or delete them or the tables they were on, so I started a new game, copied a clean fresh lot to the bin, started my original game again and then bulldozed the dirty lot.

I then placed the clean lot from the bin, changed the lot type to Visitors Allowed, changed the counter a bit to allow the barista easy access to the tables and Viola! it's staying cleaned up. Plus, it's not quite as busy as it was as a Java Hut.

So far this is the only lot I have seen this happen on so far, so I wonder if the lot type Java Hut has a problem.
    edited September 2017
    @Rflong7 I thought I would share with you what I ultimately ended up doing to solve the dishes problem.

I tried the ideas @Moinesse gave but found out that even in build mode with "testingcheatsenabled true" on you cannot remove the dishes or delete them or the tables they were on, so I started a new game, copied a clean fresh lot to the bin, started my original game again and then bulldozed the dirty lot.

I then placed the clean lot from the bin, changed the lot type to Visitors Allowed, changed the counter a bit to allow the barista easy access to the tables and Viola! it's staying cleaned up. Plus, it's not quite as busy as it was as a Java Hut.

So far this is the only lot I have seen this happen on so far, so I wonder if the lot type Java Hut has a problem.

I was able to delete the dishes with the testingcheats... sorry I'm not help. :(

**Not in build mode, in play mode. :)