Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isle of Sims II and now Isle of Sims III =]

Comments

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Rflong7 this is awesome! I always liked this world and it's been a while since I've played it. I need to find time to check it out between current building spree. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Looking forward to diving back into this world,hopefully after work this evening.
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member

Shriek!!! A new world from RFLong!!! Already downloaded, reviewed and recommended.
    Now, to populate...

Thanks bunches,

Rotata
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    Oddly enough, I don't have an "Isle of Sims" or "Isle of Sims 2" in my archives...

I like all the little clubs.

Rotata

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Rflong7 -I've got this world downloading and intend to test it out.I might use it for a story.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    @Rflong7 - This has scuba lots and resorts? It looks amazing. I am in great need of both for my current game. I am happy to test it.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Oh Awesome!! I love your worlds @Rflong7 , looking forward to downloading this when I get home :smiley:
  • shelleyannshelleyann Posts: 11 New Member
    Thank you so much @Rflong7 been playing sims 4 but isle sims II was my favourite world ever and so now downloaded sims 3 again to be able to play and I love the new world. So much to explore thank you!
  • arthemissimarthemissim Posts: 6 New Member
    Sorry for using the translator.
    I like all of your worlds.
    Isle Sims III was my favorite world 3: complete, small and beautiful.
    Thank you!
  • arthemissimarthemissim Posts: 6 New Member
    This is the most beautiful world I have ever seen. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    You should get some kind of award, no kidding.
    It's so amazing to see the amount of detail you put into this. It surely must be a labor of love. Congratulations on your most amazing talent!
    ETA: I mean, I'm judging it from playing it, LOL. I love it very much.

Correcting the post
    Sorry for using the translator.
    I like all of your worlds.
    Isle Sims III is my favorite 3 world: complete, small and beautiful.
    Thank you!

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    http://store.thesims3.com/prius?intcmp=TheSims3storejuly_internal_ComGB_prius

There you go - i think that is at least the Prius one. I saw it on the front page and clicked it and the two packs are down in the left hand corner.

Darn - this link is no longer working I guess. So no idea how to get this car package any more for those who don't have it. Sorry.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member

There you go - i think that is at least the Prius one. I saw it on the front page and clicked it and the two packs are down in the left hand corner.

Darn - this link is no longer working I guess. So no idea how to get this car package any more for those who don't have it. Sorry.

Hello Writin_Reg ..... long time no see!! Just wanted to THANK YOU for all your posts in the Create a World forum!! I learned SOOO MUCH reading them!!! Very informational .... and easy to understand!!! Are you sure you're not a college English Professor? ;-)

I left Sims 3 site without knowing I wouldn't be back for an extended period. Had an operation on my hand which meant I couldn't use the computer for a LONG time!! But, I did think about all the people that helped me along the way... and regretted I didn't thank them properly. GUILT, GUILT. ;-) So, it's great to see you are still here ... and doing fine! AND THANK YOU for all your help with the Sims 3!!!!

I see that you lost your Dad in June ... please accept my deepest sympathies! I lost my Dad in 1992, and I'm still not over it ... memories pop up when I least expect them... even after all these years! In my experience, the most comfort from the loss is when friends who've lost theirs as well discuss memories and vice versa. No one understands better than someone else who's been there!

Nice to see you! Thank you for staying on the forum!!

Dart

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    DART104 wrote: »

Hello Writin_Reg ..... long time no see!! Just wanted to THANK YOU for all your posts in the Create a World forum!! I learned SOOO MUCH reading them!!! Very informational .... and easy to understand!!! Are you sure you're not a college English Professor? ;-)

I left Sims 3 site without knowing I wouldn't be back for an extended period. Had an operation on my hand which meant I couldn't use the computer for a LONG time!! But, I did think about all the people that helped me along the way... and regretted I didn't thank them properly. GUILT, GUILT. ;-) So, it's great to see you are still here ... and doing fine! AND THANK YOU for all your help with the Sims 3!!!!

I see that you lost your Dad in June ... please accept my deepest sympathies! I lost my Dad in 1992, and I'm still not over it ... memories pop up when I least expect them... even after all these years! In my experience, the most comfort from the loss is when friends who've lost theirs as well discuss memories and vice versa. No one understands better than someone else who's been there!

Dart

Hi, @DART104 :)

I'll tag @Writin_Reg for you... if tagging names with the _ works now. I don't know if it does. :(

Hope your hand healed well and works like new. :cookie:
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    DART104 wrote: »

Dart

Hi, @DART104 :)

I'll tag @Writin_Reg for you... if tagging names with the _ works now. I don't know if it does. :(

Hope your hand healed well and works like new. :cookie:

HEY RfLong!! Did you see my post on the sims 3 "my page" .. I posted on your page too!! What EP do I need to buy to make the bridge show up in Isle of Sims iii ?? Thank you very much!!

I wrote a note to one of the other commenters .... asking HER to tag YOU... I'm so HAPPY you are here!!! :-) :-) Thank you for any info about the bridge in Isle of Sims iii ... I just love and admire your work!!!!!

Dart

edited August 2017
    @DART104 wrote: »

HEY RfLong!! Did you see my post on the sims 3 "my page" .. I posted on your page too!! What EP do I need to buy to make the bridge show up in Isle of Sims iii ?? Thank you very much!!

I wrote a note to one of the other commenters .... asking HER to tag YOU... I'm so HAPPY you are here!!! :-) :-) Thank you for any info about the bridge in Isle of Sims iii ... I just love and admire your work!!!!!

Dart

Hi :mrgreen:

Yes, I did answer. I don't know which one it came with. What expansions do you have and I can look from there. :)

:blush: Thanks so much!
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
    edited August 2017
    Hello Again Rflong7!!

I just saw this... I'm pretty SLOW on the site since everything is so different from before ... embarrassed. ha ha.

The Game EPs I don't have are:

World Adventures, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life and Into the Future.

Stuff Packs: I ONLY have Master Suite, None of the others!

Worlds: I DON'T have: Dragon Valley, Aurora Skies, Midnight Hollow, Monte Vista and Lunar Lakes.

I hope this isn't a huge bother to you! But I love Legacy Island (have ALL three of them and no problems at all) and I am playing a game in Isle of Sims iii .... but I'm worried about losing my sims since the bridge doesn't show... All of your worlds are so LOGICAL and BEAUTIFUL.... just amazing how much patience you have because it's my understanding that making a world takes a LONG time!

Dart

I guess I should stick to ONE forum... which do you prefer Isle of Sims III or Legacy III ... I'm writing on both because I want to be sure to see your answer... Thank you for kind words about my hand... it isn't like it USED to BE ... but it's functional and I can keyboard again. Gives me some pain problems off and on ... but I'm lucky it could have been a LOT WORSE outcome. thank you for asking!

I hope this bridge search isn't going to be a burden on you. I searched on the Internet for two days before I decided to come here and hope I could ask you! :-)

BTW ... since I first met you I FINALLY got the money (between 3 & 4K) to get the computer of my DREAMS!! I've been VERY happy with it and the Sims really load fast when I use the SSD. ;-)
    @DART104 wrote: »
    Hello Again Rflong7!!

I just saw this... I'm pretty SLOW on the site since everything is so different from before ... embarrassed. ha ha.

The Game EPs I don't have are:

World Adventures, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life and Into the Future.

Stuff Packs: I ONLY have Master Suite, None of the others!

Worlds: I DON'T have: Dragon Valley, Aurora Skies, Midnight Hollow, Monte Vista and Lunar Lakes.

I hope this isn't a huge bother to you! But I love Legacy Island (have ALL three of them and no problems at all) and I am playing a game in Isle of Sims iii .... but I'm worried about losing my sims since the bridge doesn't show... All of your worlds are so LOGICAL and BEAUTIFUL.... just amazing how much patience you have because it's my understanding that making a world takes a LONG time!

Dart

I guess I should stick to ONE forum... which do you prefer Isle of Sims III or Legacy III ... I'm writing on both because I want to be sure to see your answer... Thank you for kind words about my hand... it isn't like it USED to BE ... but it's functional and I can keyboard again. Gives me some pain problems off and on ... but I'm lucky it could have been a LOT WORSE outcome. thank you for asking!

I hope this bridge search isn't going to be a burden on you. I searched on the Internet for two days before I decided to come here and hope I could ask you! :-)

BTW ... since I first met you I FINALLY got the money (between 3 & 4K) to get the computer of my DREAMS!! I've been VERY happy with it and the Sims really load fast when I use the SSD. ;-)

I'm so glad you like my worlds. They were such fun to make. :mrgreen:

I'm very surprised you're able to run Legacy Island 3 and Isle of Sims 3. They're both heavy with the Expansions you don't have - such as Late Night, WA, Showtime, and Supernatural. It's something I wouldn't expect- them playing well for long.

I could replace the bridges in Isle of Sims 3 with ones from Ambitions, that would be the easiest way.... if it's running alright for you. If it's stuttering because of all the expansions missing the bridges won't help.

Isle of Sims doesn't use any Store wold Stuff nor Stuff packs, iirc. It might have some free Store stuff but nothing important.
    Hello again Rflong!!

I got to thinking about Sims 3 and decided that sooner or later, they will probably stop running the Sims 3 store and then I won't EVER be able to add to my Sims 3 Eps and/or all the rest of downloads on the Sims 3 store site. SO..... I have ordered World Adventures, Late Night, Supernatural Eps and also the Monte Vista World Ep and Deisel Stuff Packs. I figured when I install all of these ... maybe the bridge will show up! :-D

Yeah ... I can run Legacy Island I with no problems... and Legacy Island II with no problems. I ran Legacy Island III long enough to get my Sims skilled up at least half way to max -- with no problems so far! No stuttering, no freezes, just runs perfect. That's why I love your worlds, I've never had the least problem with any of them!!! Legacy Island III is beautiful ... very beautiful. They downloaded through the Launcher and didn't even give the "missing content" message! Rflong, you've got such a perfect artistic eye for detail, you're a wonderful organizer of worlds, and obviously you're thorough with avoiding problems in the game before you post it on the Exchange! It's really amazing what you do!!

AND.. I've got a game going now with Isle of Sims III ... but I haven't let my Sims leave the house to go any further than a few streets over... no where near the bridge, ha ha. So far, no negatives with this world I've played it for HOURS on two different days and no problems! You are such a fantastic world builder!

The only EP I think I still need is Showtime.... so I'll look for it and try to find a good copy with unused codes.

When I went to the Sims 3 Store I noticed one of the compilations I purchased (shows I purchased it on my account) but all the items do not say I own them. Also, the store gave a copy of Bridgeport to simmers early on ... I'm not sure about the details on that... BUT.. if I reinstall to add these EPs I might have to buy the compilation AGAIN to get those items (which I use ALL THE TIME in ALL my games --its the Wedding Stuff) and a copy of Bridgeport! So.. don't know if that can be fixed or not. Seems like if it shows on my account that I purchased the compilation, that it would show that I OWN all the stuff already, wouldn't it?? I know you're not a store person, just mentioning in case you have any advice related to the store or have had similar issues that you fixed somehow.

Is it a lot of trouble to replace the bridges in Isle of Sims 3? I don't want to bother you so much you hate me or anything.... I have such admiration for you!

I'm not going to install all these new EPs right away (I'm moving Sept. 5) so if it's NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE for YOU, getting a copy with a bridge I have installed would be wonderful ... but does that mean when I get the new Eps installed I won't see the bridge you intended for Isle of Sims III ? ... I apologize for my ignorance! Thank you so much for your patience!

OH.. I love your Sim and her vehicle in the world ...so totally CUTE!! My Sims plan on being friends with your Sim in the game when the bridge is working!! Or they could invite your Sim over, he he.

Thank you very much! Sorry for the long post! Have a fantastic DAY!! :-)

Dart

ps. I wish there was a way to text on the Sims.... Are you on the Sims 3 Facebook page??
    edited August 2017
    @DART104
    I hope as long as the Compilation downloads you're good- it'll be a pain for you to see what you have and what you don't.
    Are you using the "Complete my Set" option? I got a lot of the sets I didn't have by going that way- one set to the next to the next and I ended up with the Compilation sets (I did have a lot but still, it helped me get most of the store, *not the Worlds though).

You'll have to move your Sim to this new world. Your save won't load the bridge even if the world has been edited to add it- and it's the same world. I've tested that hoping I could make generational worlds- didn't work. Objects are remembered in the save so if something is removed then it won't just come back.

Here's the link to the version 3 with the Ambitions bridge. They're the same but different colors... I tested and she was able to use it, stop on it and then keep going. I hope I got it right, let me know how it works. :cookie:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cuxwpmtchcrsavu/Isle_of_Sims_III.Sims3Pack

It's much easier than removing all the expansions and installing them to see which one has the bridge, which was what I was going to do. :lol:

*I am on Facebook but I haven't been on it in years. :lol:
    @Rflong7

That's a great tip about the sets! I didn't think of that ... but sounds like the best way to get the remaining items of sets I want! :-) I saw the "Complete My Set" option, but I never used it due to ignorance of what it was exactly.

OMG!! I'm so HAPPY you got the bridge in there and I can use NOW.... that was so NICE of you! I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you!! I will be testing it immediately!! Thank you, thank you, thank YOU. :-)

I feel like I should send you some $$ for going to that trouble for me! I just appreciate your time and work so much!! And you don't have ANYTHING on your wish list I could give you!

Do I need to uninstall the version I am playing in before I install this new one with the ambitions bridge? Can I leave BOTH in the launcher downloads page? I think if I uninstall from the launcher, it might DELETE the world forever! The one I'm using now without the bridge showing is the one I downloaded from the exchange straight to the launcher automatically with no problems at all except the bridge didn't show.

Again .... YOU have MADE my MONTH with this new version and a bridge my sims can cross now without the new expansion packs installed yet!!! I'm happy, happy, happy!! <3

Dart

They have a Sims 3 page on Facebook. I just went there a couple of days ago. I didn't know there was a page for the Sims 3 on Facebook, but it's really easy to message instantly instead of it taking 24 hours on this forum. If you ever go back to Facebook again ... please send me a friend request!! That would be super great!! :-) If your email in your profile still works, I will send my info for us to connect! Check the spam folder since we are not connected through email accounts. ;-)

Skipping merrily off to test Isle of Sims 3 with the Ambitions bridge with a HUGE GRIN on my face!!!!
    @DART104 It can be installed along side the one you already use. I gave this one a new number. :)

Lol~ No, the bridge is easy. It would have been harder to uninstall to check for which expansion gave that bridge recolor. :lol:
    I still am wondering how you got it to work without all the expansions. So many new things... if you get the expansions you'll see them. :mrgreen:

And remember, this won't change an old save. It has to be a new save... plus you'll not be sure which one is which unless it gives and [1] number at the end. They still have the same name. I should have renamed it for you.

Save your Saves.. or add a .bak to your save and it won't uninstall (plus the game makes a backup).

I forget to check that email unless reminded.