Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why werewolves are a bad idea.

Werewolf.jpg

Above, you can see our 'friend' Mr. Werewolf. Notice the dim wit look in his eyes, the durrr facial expressions, and the overall lack of intelligence. They say that werewolves would attack their own friends if they had the chance, confirming that the look matches the intelligence level.

I don't think that werewolves should be implemented in game, rather than the unicorns should be (My dreams, they come true!) Implementing werewolves would lead towns to disaster, even moreso than vampires, children or those dreaded celebrities.
Who really wants a bunch of furry, fuzzy derps running around in their town? I know I wouldn't, man the torches everyone!

I believe that unicorns are a more intelligent decision, because it is a more intelligent creature. The ability to cure pestilence and curses from a doomed sim, or relieve a poor sim of her pain after being kicked in the face by a horse. Unicorns add so much more to the game, even if they cannot be controlled, than lycanthropes ever would. It does help that the elusiveness of the unicorn would help to stop the unwanted flooding of towns with such diseases as turning into a mandog.

Finally, unlike the werewolf, the unicorn is majestic, and enchanting in it's ways, while a lycanthrope is clumsy and only knows how to destroy and kill. So, as you can see, unicorns are a far better choice than a stupid flea ridden werewolf. Anyone who thinks different...well...just look at Mr. Werewolf's face again.

Comments

• The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Lol, that is the kind of werewolf I wanted (Mainly just the look of it, not its behavior)

Personally I didn't care that they decided to put unicorns instead of werewolves, I'd be happy with either decision....And it is only one aspect of the game.
  • Deathrider1991Deathrider1991 Posts: 402 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Lol, that is the kind of werewolf I wanted (Mainly just the look of it, not its behavior)

Personally I didn't care that they decided to put unicorns instead of werewolves, I'd be happy with either decision....And it is only one aspect of the game.

Unicorns are more classy for sure. Plus, they can impale people with their horns!
  • iheartjackieiheartjackie Posts: 955 New Member
    edited August 2011

Unicorns are more classy for sure. Plus, they can impale people with their horns!
    I respect your opinion about them, but even though I'm embracing the Unicorn, werewolves should totally be added in the Sims 3. They're just too BA to not add.

You don't have to worry about them now, but later, and then the Great Argument will begin anew. *sigh* Isn't that beautiful?
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited August 2011
    I really don't care for werewolves I don't think the do very much. I would have liked for EA to bring back witches.
  • FlawlessAriaFlawlessAria Posts: 1,476 New Member
    edited August 2011
    candy8 wrote:
    I really don't care for werewolves I don't think the do very much. I would have liked for EA to bring back witches.
    With the Lady Ravendancers spellbook in the store you can kinda become a witch. But we need more!!!!!!
  • ArtemisWolfArtemisWolf Posts: 50
    edited August 2011
    First off, that's not the best example of a werewolf. :P
    Second, werewolves could have been done like the ones in Sims 2 (well, how you become one). First, you have to find/wait for this special wolf to arrive. Then you had to become best friends with it. And then finally you have to wait for it to decide to bite you. Personally, I don't see werewolves like these taking over towns like the vampires. It was actually kind of tough to become one without cheats. The developers could have even made it so the Leader of the Pack could only bite the PC, and not NPCs. Problem solved.
    Mainly the reason why I'm very (very, very...) disappointed is because I can't see a mod for werewolves coming out. Sims 3 isn't the most mod-friendly game (when it comes to adding gameplay). Even if someone made it, the mod would probably become useless as soon as the next patch came out.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited August 2011
    Guess we all have different werewolves preferences :-)

I must admit I rarely played any creatures. Never touched a vampire. Back in TS2 I never tried the werewolf feature, and I didn't even check out those green plant people. I prefer my game to be realistic. My point is, EA must have made a way to leave this to the simmer. There might be too many vamps, paparizzos and celebrities in Bridgeport, but let's hope EA get better at the fine tuning this time. Hopefully the werewolf won't walk the streets, but must be visitied at a certain lot to get that feature started (those mines, perhaps).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HermineliseHerminelise Posts: 59
    edited August 2011
    Leader of the Pack could only bite the PC,
    When I read this, i saw a wolf trying to eat a PC :lol:
  • simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Lol agreed (with the op).
  • IsobelturtleIsobelturtle Posts: 412
    edited August 2011
    What werewolf is that? Is it Remus?
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2011
    ::wonders why unicorn-vs-werewolf is still an issue::
  • FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited August 2011

Is this praise for the werewolf in HP3 I see? Just when you think you've seen everything...
  • IsobelturtleIsobelturtle Posts: 412
    edited August 2011

Is this praise for the werewolf in HP3 I see? Just when you think you've seen everything...

So it is Remus.
    lol, and no one even directly answered my question.
    And I LIKE REMUS!
    He's nice later on!

Edit;; SPOILER ALERT!!! Oh wait, he's dead. Stupid Voldy ;[[
  • annalenore1988annalenore1988 Posts: 53
    edited August 2011

So it is Remus.
    lol, and no one even directly answered my question.
    And I LIKE REMUS!
    He's nice later on!

Edit;; SPOILER ALERT!!! Oh wait, he's dead. Stupid Voldy ;[[

I was ticked when Lupin and Tonks died >.> But anyways. Werewolves (in my opinion) are better than unicorns.
  • Deathrider1991Deathrider1991 Posts: 402 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I'd rather an occult for the people, but i guess unicorns it is. At least they can still kick your sims in the face.
  • buffleebufflee Posts: 258 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Did you honestly use Lupin from Harry Potter as an example for a werewolf?? :roll:

Anyways, why are you even comparing who is more classy and majestic? Of course the unicorns wins, it is supposed to be that way, it symbolises purity and beauty. On the other hand, a werewolf is a beast and of course it will attack everyone in sight, it doesn't think when it's an animal!
  • StakerStaker Posts: 417
    edited August 2011
    bufflee wrote:
    Did you honestly use Lupin from Harry Potter as an example for a werewolf?? :roll:

Anyways, why are you even comparing who is more classy and majestic? Of course the unicorns wins, it is supposed to be that way, it symbolises purity and beauty. On the other hand, a werewolf is a beast and of course it will attack everyone in sight, it doesn't think when it's an animal!
    Amen! :D Comparing a werewolf to a unicorn is like... well, comparing a horse to a wolf... :D Werewolves from Harry Potter aren't exactly the werewolves that i'd use as an example... (sorry, Remus!). Of course werewolves attack people! That's the whole point of the curse. And unicorns aren't that intelligent and majestic... werewolves kill people around them - unicorns impale you to a tree if you aren't a female virgin... so which is really worse? i mean, really? And it's pointless to say something about how clumsy and dull the werewolves look: every movie/book/game has different-looking werewolves. Have you seen the werewolves in Supernatural? They're nothing like furry and clumsy beasts.
    And what is the point of arguing over this? Both werewolves and unicorns are fictional creatures, so they aren't real. You can modify both creatures as much as you want to make them look better than the other. :roll:
    And it is also ridiculous to say: 'Unicorns rule and werewolves suck. It's that simple. The end!' The only ones who say that are 10-year old girs who have unicorn toys all over their room and who are too afraid to even watch a film of werewolves if they aren't played by Taylor Lautner...
    If you ask me, they are both good and bad - I'd take classical vampires over them any time.
  • NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited August 2011
    DON'T YOU DARE BE HATIN' ON REMUS! :lol:

In that scene, he wasn't making a derp face. He was acting scared and whining like he was saying "I'm scared. What's happening to me? Please don't hurt me!" before he went crazy and Sirius had to fight him. :(

But, yeah, I disagree. Where will the unicorns be? Do you have to look for them? Wolvies can just be going about their day like normal simmies, and then transform and terrorize the town! :twisted: And then if there's a magic ep we can have a Halloween town with smelly mutts, witches, bloodsuckers, specters, and old Mr. Bandages! BEST GAME EVAAH!! ^_^
  • Charla19669Charla19669 Posts: 3 New Member
    Ae
    Werewolf.jpg

Above, you can see our 'friend' Mr. Werewolf. Notice the dim wit look in his eyes, the durrr facial expressions, and the overall lack of intelligence. They say that werewolves would attack their own friends if they had the chance, confirming that the look matches the intelligence level.

I don't think that werewolves should be implemented in game, rather than the unicorns should be (My dreams, they come true!) Implementing werewolves would lead towns to disaster, even moreso than vampires, children or those dreaded celebrities.
    Who really wants a bunch of furry, fuzzy derps running around in their town? I know I wouldn't, man the torches everyone!

I believe that unicorns are a more intelligent decision, because it is a more intelligent creature. The ability to cure pestilence and curses from a doomed sim, or relieve a poor sim of her pain after being kicked in the face by a horse. Unicorns add so much more to the game, even if they cannot be controlled, than lycanthropes ever would. It does help that the elusiveness of the unicorn would help to stop the unwanted flooding of towns with such diseases as turning into a mandog.

Finally, unlike the werewolf, the unicorn is majestic, and enchanting in it's ways, while a lycanthrope is clumsy and only knows how to destroy and kill. So, as you can see, unicorns are a far better choice than a plum flea ridden werewolf. Anyone who thinks different...well...just look at Mr. Werewolf's face again.

• Charla19669Charla19669 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is mean wolfs are native Indian heritage , and wolfs are spire peings. to us. I'll give an example Wolves figure prominently in the mythology of nearly every Native American tribe. In most Native cultures, Wolf is considered a medicine being associated with courage, strength, loyalty, and success at hunting. Like bears, wolves are considered closely related to humans by many North American tribes, and the origin stories of some Northwest Coast tribes, such as the Quileute and the Kwakiutl, tell of their first ancestors being transformed from wolves into men. In Shoshone mythology, Wolf plays the role of the noble Creator god, while in Anishinabe mythology a wolf character is the brother and true best friend of the culture hero. Among the Pueblo tribes, wolves are considered one of the six directional guardians, associated with the east and the color white. The Zunis carve stone wolf fetishes for protection, ascribing to them both healing and hunting powers.

This is wrong just make the werewolves eat fish and meat only and they mad vampire's plasma is in white blood sells, and in a way that's grosser. Vampire feed bay biting the necks of their victims and drawing the blood with their moths.

http://orig15.deviantart.net/51df/f/2012/178/7/9/werewolf_weds__6_27_by_viergacht-d554ap3.png

http://orig09.deviantart.net/8191/f/2008/251/f/e/black_gold_by_goldenwolf.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2017
    I love werevolves don't touch them :). because it's an old threat I can troll >:)
    :D
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    This is mean wolfs are native Indian heritage , and wolfs are spire peings. to us. I'll give an example Wolves figure prominently in the mythology of nearly every Native American tribe. In most Native cultures, Wolf is considered a medicine being associated with courage, strength, loyalty, and success at hunting. Like bears, wolves are considered closely related to humans by many North American tribes, and the origin stories of some Northwest Coast tribes, such as the Quileute and the Kwakiutl, tell of their first ancestors being transformed from wolves into men. In Shoshone mythology, Wolf plays the role of the noble Creator god, while in Anishinabe mythology a wolf character is the brother and true best friend of the culture hero. Among the Pueblo tribes, wolves are considered one of the six directional guardians, associated with the east and the color white. The Zunis carve stone wolf fetishes for protection, ascribing to them both healing and hunting powers.

This is wrong just make the werewolves eat fish and meat only and they mad vampire's plasma is in white blood sells, and in a way that's grosser. Vampire feed bay biting the necks of their victims and drawing the blood with their moths.

http://orig15.deviantart.net/51df/f/2012/178/7/9/werewolf_weds__6_27_by_viergacht-d554ap3.png

http://orig09.deviantart.net/8191/f/2008/251/f/e/black_gold_by_goldenwolf.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Since your new to the forum, resurrecting old dead threads is against forum rules.

This is just a game and not reality. Also the vampires can bite and drink blood not just drink plasma.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Wow, an old thread from 2011 being resurrected. Just wow... :/

New accounts cant start new threads. They tend to bump old ones :/
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Looks to me like our thread bumper is really more interested in TS4 occults and didn't realize that not only is this a TS3 thread, but it's from over a year before TS3 Supernatural came out. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net