Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone have some pics of your teen's bedrooms?

My sims are turning teens and I want to redecorate their rooms.But I am so brain dead.There isn't much "teen" decor to choose from.So I need some inspiration.

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2011
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited August 2011
    In my teen rooms I just put a bed a desk a sofa, and if you have fast lane stuff in the boys room I put the big car that goes on the wayy. I also put a dresser if it fits :mrgreen:Sorry I can't post pics because they won't upload for me. Sorry again but yeah thats how my teen rooms are.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't have Stuff Packs.And its alright.I just need ideas, I just want to see pics to get some ideas.EA did not supply enough Teen Items.
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't have Stuff Packs.And its alright.I just need ideas, I just want to see pics to get some ideas.EA did not supply enough Teen Items.

Oh. And I know, teens arew quite a long life stage but we hardly get anything for them :/

Do you have generations? there is a big bulleteen (can't spell LOL) board that is suitable for a teen room :)
  • Options
    fabe7fabe7 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited August 2011
    If You Wait About 20 Mintues I Can Get Some Up!
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited August 2011
    sorry i to cant do pics.
    but for wallcovering boys i use the grey one with red and blue squiggley lines and for girl the pink with big bold yellow daisey like flowers. funiture if you have gen ep, i use the captins bed that you can put a desk or chair under and i place a small tv game consol ,portable radio and the bean bag seating. decorative stuff things like the popstar posters.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited August 2011
    I made this a while ago, but it was for a teen originally.

turbo_bedroom.jpg

ETA: It's in this house, in case you want to look:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3982798
  • Options
    xRipItUpxRipItUp Posts: 61 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm not on the right computer so I can't get you any pictures at the moment, but I've used bright pink with zebra stripes for a teen daughter as well as a lime green with a black and white flower patterns for a teen daughter. For teen sons, I typically stick to blues and reds, with a sports theme. Of course it depends on the sim and his/her personality ;)
  • Options
    shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited August 2011

I like to use the stoplights and surfboard sofas for teens. Can't remember which EPs/SPs they came from. Also bunk beds and a loft bed with a desk under it.

There's a premade house that comes with a really cute teen boy bedroom. It has a nautical theme with a platform bed. Decorations include a spyglass, globe, periscope, ... and there's a sleeping bag on the floor near the bed for company.

One of my teen bedrooms has a car theme, so the tool rack that normally goes on a garage wall is hanging over his desk.

I basically just start throwing stuff around in there and see what sticks. If I don't like it, it's easy enough to remove it and try something else. It's good to use the alt key too, to position things more naturally and make them look like someone actually uses them.

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • Options
    SyrioniaSyrionia Posts: 1,371 Member
    edited August 2011
    Screenshot-24.jpg

I use bright colours and funky,mis-matched designs. I usually add somme clutter that I've downloaded too - old trainers, piles of books. A desk and computer too, and when prom comes, in goes the prom pic, and prom queen crown.
  • Options
    SZN786SZN786 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited August 2011
    Here's pics of my teens bedroom:

Screenshot-71.jpg

Screenshot-70.jpg

Screenshot-69.jpg

Screenshot-68.jpg
  • Options
    shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited August 2011

I love a room that looks like the kids just dragged in their treasures and dropped them somewhere. It's also cool to use moveobjects on and leave something under a chair, like their grandma gave them this bunny light when they turned 14 and that's where it landed after she went home. You just have to be careful not to block their beds or dressers. They can always go sit in a chair somewhere else.

I've always wanted an object tool like you get in CAW, so I could rotate things. I think a kid's room would be cool with some furniture turned upside down like they were wrestling in there.

Edited for typo.
    "I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
  • Options
    MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Mine, but for a teen girl's bedroom :)
    4106d1db.jpg
    0f6b082e.jpg
    Just simple, it went with the natural theme of the house. :)

Also feature walls are awesome!
    cb557aa7.jpg
    I used the same wall paper for when the twins aged up.

I love clutter, this was for a lounge but I usually decorate them like such
    134dbaf6.jpg
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited August 2011
    Here's one of my teens' bedrooms. You can't really see it that well, but basically it's a renovated basement with a bathroom around the corner and a mirror across one wall. She used to live in a room the size of a closet, so this was a step up for her.

cathya.jpg
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    SZN786SZN786 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hey misschatterbox where did you get that purse and that chair by her desk?
  • Options
    MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I think Around the Sims 3? Maybe :s I've had it for so long I've forgotten, but it's worth a check.
  • Options
    smith080908smith080908 Posts: 680 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Mine, but for a teen girl's bedroom :)
    4106d1db.jpg
    0f6b082e.jpg
    Just simple, it went with the natural theme of the house. :)

Also feature walls are awesome!
    cb557aa7.jpg
    I used the same wall paper for when the twins aged up.

I love clutter, this was for a lounge but I usually decorate them like such
    134dbaf6.jpg

Wow, I love these pictures and how your rooms are decorated!