Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin isn't letting me redeem The Sims 3: Late Night for download

2...Next

Comments

• WinxSimerWinxSimer Posts: 11 New Member
    edited March 2013
    [/quote] I'm going to post my Live Chat conversation here as well, just in case someone can make sense of what she was saying... because I was a bit confused as to what she was trying to say...
    Hi, my name is Ankit. How may I help you?
    2399798312: Hi! I recently purchased the Sims 3: Late Night as a physical copy, but I would like to download a digital copy through Origin, as I have done with all the previous sims 3 games
    2399798312: The only problem is that Origin says it can't
    Ankit: ok
    Ankit: sorry to hear that
    Ankit: may I have the code and email account ?
    2399798312: Yes! The email is xxxxxxxxx and the code is xxxxxxxxxx
    Ankit: Alright, let me check.
    Ankit: Did you registered it before adding it to origin ?
    2399798312: Register it on the Sims 3 site, you mean? Yes, I did
    Ankit: oh, that is the issue, because Origin always accept the code in unused state only , since you have registered it first on website that is why its not letting you to add a download version for this game.
    2399798312: Ohh, okay. The only thing is that I've been able to download the base game as well as World Adventure without any issue, both of which I registered online before downloading through origin
    Ankit: If you activate the code before registering it to website then only it will add the download version.
    2399798312: I guess I understand that, but I only recently downloaded the sims 3 and world adventure through origin, and they have both been registered to thesims3.com for a while now
    Ankit: might be possible that those were added directly first then registered to your account.
    2399798312: What do you mean by being added directly?
    Ankit: I mean to say the base game and world adventure are being added automatically if the code is for both disc and downlaod.
    Ankit: *download.
    2399798312: Ah, I'm not sure. But actually, might the problem be Origin itself? I did download the base game and world adventure when EA still used the EA Download Manager; I don't know if that makes any difference at all
    Ankit: those might be added automatically,but since you have first registered it on website so unfortunately you won't be able to use this code again in Origin.
    2399798312: So, is there any way I will be able to download Late Night at all without purchasing the game again?
    Ankit: Unfortunately no, because I have checked the code you have its only for the disc version game.
    2399798312: Okay; thank you for your help!
    Ankit: welcome and Thank you for understanding
    Ankit: Is there anything further I may assist you with ?
    2399798312: Nope, that's all.
    Ankit: Thank you for your participation in the EA Chat Support. Have a nice day. Bye!!

Again, if anyone can help, please do!! :? [/quote]

What's the link for that? I can't put in my base game, and it's brand new. I've had it for about a year but I only got my account like 4 months ago.... can you gimme the link, PLEASE???????
  • DarthslapahoDarthslapaho Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    BIG GUY, you are the man. Way more helpfull than anyone at E.A. could ever be. I scratched my disc by loaning it to someone and had no idea there was a link to enter my product code and dl this easy. You cant find anysuch link at sims homepage.
  • Mr_SixMr_Six Posts: 1 New Member
    Same here My seasons game I redeemed from a amazon game code purchase just disappeared from my account and I can no longer download it 20$ down the hole :neutral:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Mr_Six wrote: »
    Same here My seasons game I redeemed from a amazon game code purchase just disappeared from my account and I can no longer download it 20$ down the hole :neutral:
    This discussion and the issue reported is from 4-6 years ago. Much has changed about Origin since then. There shouldn't be any $20 "down the hole," but you will need to contact EA/Origin Customer Support (look for the HELP menu below these forum pages on regular web browsers) for assistance with your account. No one on the forums here has access to customer records.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • UnderTale1992UnderTale1992 Posts: 1 New Member
    I get the same error message "the product code entered is already in use" I had to create a new account because it wouldn't let me log in so now when I try to redeem my code it gives me that error message. I wish I knew how to fix it :(
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I get the same error message "the product code entered is already in use" I had to create a new account because it wouldn't let me log in so now when I try to redeem my code it gives me that error message. I wish I knew how to fix it :(
    By yourself, you probably can't. You would need to contact EA Customer Support during a real time conversation (online chat or callback, whatver they offer in your area and time zone) and explain what happened. Possibly they can merge your accounts, we aren't meant to have games/EPs spread across more than one of them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    sammyklvng wrote: »
    Thank you for the bump!

I'm going to post my Live Chat conversation here as well, just in case someone can make sense of what she was saying... because I was a bit confused as to what she was trying to say...
    2399798312: Hi! I recently purchased the Sims 3: Late Night as a physical copy, but I would like to download a digital copy through Origin, as I have done with all the previous sims 3 games
    Ankit: oh, that is the issue, because Origin always accept the code in unused state only , since you have registered it first on website that is why its not letting you to add a download version for this game.
    2399798312: Ohh, okay. The only thing is that I've been able to download the base game as well as World Adventure without any issue, both of which I registered online before downloading through origin
    Ankit: If you activate the code before registering it to website then only it will add the download version.
    2399798312: I guess I understand that, but I only recently downloaded the sims 3 and world adventure through origin, and they have both been registered to thesims3.com for a while now
    Ankit: might be possible that those were added directly first then registered to your account.
    Ankit: I mean to say the base game and world adventure are being added automatically if the code is for both disc and downlaod.
    2399798312: Ah, I'm not sure. But actually, might the problem be Origin itself? I did download the base game and world adventure when EA still used the EA Download Manager; I don't know if that makes any difference at all
    Ankit: those might be added automatically,but since you have first registered it on website so unfortunately you won't be able to use this code again in Origin.
    2399798312: So, is there any way I will be able to download Late Night at all without purchasing the game again?
    Ankit: Unfortunately no, because I have checked the code you have its only for the disc version game.
    Ankit: Thank you for your participation in the EA Chat Support. Have a nice day. Bye!!

Again, if anyone can help, please do!! :?

This can't be right, years ago I used to register all of my sims 3 games on the sims 3 site to get store points, but I didn't use Origin at this point, I just played through the disks. When I got my laptop a couple of years after there was no disk drive and so I HAD to download Origin. Because the accounts for Origin and thesims3.com are the same/connected, my games were already on my Origin account for me to play. So you registering them on thesims3.com first shouldn't have affected it, if anything, it should have made it so you own the game. I really hope you manage to get it sorted :( Try another online chat, you'll probably get someone different who may be able to help
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    sammyklvng wrote: »
    Thank you for the bump!

I'm going to post my Live Chat conversation here as well, just in case someone can make sense of what she was saying... because I was a bit confused as to what she was trying to say...

Again, if anyone can help, please do!! :?

This can't be right, years ago I used to register all of my sims 3 games on the sims 3 site to get store points, but I didn't use Origin at this point, I just played through the disks. When I got my laptop a couple of years after there was no disk drive and so I HAD to download Origin. Because the accounts for Origin and thesims3.com are the same/connected, my games were already on my Origin account for me to play. So you registering them on thesims3.com first shouldn't have affected it, if anything, it should have made it so you own the game. I really hope you manage to get it sorted :( Try another online chat, you'll probably get someone different who may be able to help

The person you are responding to has not been on the forum since 2011