Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WOW know Parents can slap their teens in generations

Maybe I am late to the party but I didn't know you could discipline your teen sims my sim was grounded for a prank she pulled then her father scolded her and I made her argue and insult him then the father options said argue insult and slap and i picked slap it was fun her is the pics
28mmdqx.jpg
2ij28oy.jpg
here is another one he was like oh NO you didn't :lol:
2q80efr.jpg

Comments

• hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I've noticed that. My sim and her mother got into a huge fight.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm surprised the social worker didn't show up; nowadays that would be considered child abuse, though I once slapped my son-in-law's nephew for getting in my face and yelling at me, the little punk. My son-in-law was upset and threatened to call the cops if I ever slapped the little darling again, and I just handed him the phone and said: "Go ahead and make the call."

But you know, as a parent myself, I know that there are limits to just how much backtalk I am willing to take from my kids, especially when they were younger and under my care. Nowadays, of course, it's different because they're both grown women with husbands and households of their own, so our disagreements tend to be a little more subtle.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • SIMAddict211SIMAddict211 Posts: 134 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    I'm surprised the social worker didn't show up; nowadays that would be considered child abuse, though I once slapped my son-in-law's nephew for getting in my face and yelling at me, the little punk. My son-in-law was upset and threatened to call the cops if I ever slapped the little darling again, and I just handed him the phone and said: "Go ahead and make the call."

But you know, as a parent myself, I know that there are limits to just how much backtalk I am willing to take from my kids, especially when they were younger and under my care. Nowadays, of course, it's different because they're both grown women with husbands and households of their own, so our disagreements tend to be a little more subtle.

I totally thought the social worker would come and remove the teen :twisted: I think the adult sim should be able to discipline their teen because she does live under their roof and she has no job and contributes zero money to the household an she is kind of spoiled so I am glad they made it more realstic
  • ameracis578ameracis578 Posts: 1,067 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't know why I find that funny.
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited July 2011
    i love how u have that option as well. Besides backtalking children do need slaped. Even in RL.. otherwise they will over-run u and u will be to afraid to do anything. Social services is for abuse not for reprimanding.
  • 4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited July 2011
    That's awesome! I already noticed the fight between kids for pets. Do sims need a particular trait to slap their teens or is it available for all traits?
  • MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't know why I find that funny.

I think it's the "Oh no you didn't part" lol :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited July 2011
    Cool! Raising kids must include setting limits, anything else would be wrong. It's a huge difference between slapping a teen once or twice, and slapping all the kids every day for no good reason. I like this twist og the game, might not slap a lot og teens, but it's cool that it might even happen without my permission :-)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited July 2011
    Wow, Sim parents are hardcore! :lol: Good for them! :wink:
    EiFlric.png
  • MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2011
    that pic is so funny :D:D My dad and I both laugh at the teen's reaction, the way she hangs her head looking down at the floor.
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Actually, some things you do are not considered child abuse. I think slapping doesn't count, but punching does. Yelling doesn't count, but insulting does count, etc. If the child fears the adult, then it is child abuse.
  • Arden1039Arden1039 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited July 2011
    OMG FUNNIEST :lol: THING :lol: EVER! :lol: Im getting Generations this month or next one... but anyway, I have always wanted to do that. You know VJ from Sunset Valley? Now it's payback, VJ! Ill play hardcore once I get Gen.... Especially on VJ! ILL GET U VJ! MWAHAHAHAHHA! :twisted:
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited July 2011
    clubers wrote:

Actually, some things you do are not considered child abuse. I think slapping doesn't count, but punching does. Yelling doesn't count, but insulting does count, etc. If the child fears the adult, then it is child abuse.

Yes, I know, but in today's society anything can be considered child abuse; parents have been taken to court for much less. *I* don't consider slapping a teen for badmouthing their parent to be child abuse; experience has shown me that if parents don't set limits on their child when they are younger, they tend to regret it when the kids grow up and treat their parents like trash.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2011
    clubers wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

There are certain criteria that can save discipline from being child abuse. Slapping does count if it's hard enough to leave bruises. And I've seen someone get slapped that hard before. I've never heard of fear as a criterion but that might just be my state. My state gets really down to the letter about what does and what doesn't count. Makes my job so much harder because the stupid things change every year!
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited July 2011
    Well, the option has been there since the base game.

I just wish the teens could slap back. Then I could video tape it and make a mother and daughter cat fight!

• zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I remember when I was a child my mother would slap me with a wooden spoon. OH GOOD TIMES! :lol:
  • Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited July 2011
    It's the new punishment system...You've just gotta keep the little ones in check!! :mrgreen:

No but seriously, that's just wrong haha :lol:

...but who am I to talk, I've done much worse to my sims hehehe :twisted:
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2011
    zanysazy wrote:
    I remember when I was a child my mother would slap me with a wooden spoon. OH GOOD TIMES! :lol:

It was a hairbrush across the backside in my house. Those wooden strips in the bottom of the window shades also packed quite a little sting. We were rarely slapped across the face though, usually only for mouthing off to our parents, which is something that simply wasn't done in the time & place that I grew up.

Back then you were considered a bad parent if you didn't spank or slap your kids when they misbehaved. But kids had alot more respect for adults then, too.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ChadricChadric Posts: 345 Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't think I ever got slapped as a kid but I sure got my butt busted enough times. Both at home and at school from the teachers at school.But I had it coming tho. :) And it me think before I done some stupid again.
    Especially in certain teachers classes. I still remember a couple that could pick your feet off the ground with that paddle. :shock:
  • edlan97edlan97 Posts: 86 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I completely disagree with that. I was an abused child by my dad and now I have mental issues, I have to take depression medication everyday, and go to therapy once a week. It ****** me off that they would include that when it could have harsh effects on kids in real life.
  • BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited July 2011
    LuckySky wrote:

I just wish the teens could slap back. Then I could video tape it and make a mother and daughter cat fight!

I never fully explored the fight interactions. So teens can slap adults?!? What about other teens? I know adults can't beat up teens. And also if a sim is pregnant she can't be beat up or fight another sim. It looks like kids can fight each other now in pets. Wish they would do some kind of special fight for kids like call it school yard brawl or something similar to brawl at the bars.
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

I believe in spanking children and I was spanked, but as far as slapping an older child goes it depends on what they did, there are limits.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2011
    Yeah show 'em little suckers who's boss. :twisted:
    "As long as you put your feet under my desk you do what I want! Got me you little maggot?" :D:wink:
    This space is for rent.
    edited July 2011
    BoltzY2k wrote:
    LuckySky wrote:

I never fully explored the fight interactions. So teens can slap adults?!? What about other teens? I know adults can't beat up teens. And also if a sim is pregnant she can't be beat up or fight another sim. It looks like kids can fight each other now in pets. Wish they would do some kind of special fight for kids like call it school yard brawl or something similar to brawl at the bars.

Well, teens can only slap other teens. Teens can't slap adults. As for children, I think teens or adults are able to slap them. Oh, and kids can already fight in Generations. My sister found that out. She was playing her family, when one the kids just started fighting with a child guest. I thought it was pretty funny.
    edited July 2011
    dp
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top