Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Agnes Crumplebottom Center

Comments

• aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited July 2011
    I've never even played Agnes before lol is that bad? :lol:

Yes. Quite honestly it is bad and I am in shock.
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• madhatter123madhatter123 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited July 2011
    I've never had any trouble with the pronunciation of Agnes because I have a friend with that name. :)
  • CassiiCassii Posts: 3,963 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Screenshot-2584.jpg
    Love this havisham-esq photo :)
    edited July 2011
    Thank you although I have never actually watched Havisham!

• CassiiCassii Posts: 3,963 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Thank you although I have never actually watched Havisham!
    You haven't?! Well you captured the essence of the character perfectly. I think Agnes represents her quite well anyway.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited July 2011
    Agnes is one of my favorites, along with Christopher Steel. :mrgreen: In a game I currently have running, Chris and Agnes are married and her name is most definitely Steel. :mrgreen:

Precious Crumplebottom! :lol: I almost wet my pants. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • mariomaniac86mariomaniac86 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited July 2011
    ummmm... Agnes is Mortimers aunt... :shock:
    edited July 2011

Indeed, his mothers sister :D

• chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited July 2011

Indeed, his mothers sister :D

I didn't know that. I also do not know which version of the game it is where she is sitting in a store quietly clutching her purse, then changes briefly into a shirtless male, then back again.
    I think the original story was, she went nuts from all the pranking after her husband passed away, and took her revenge on unsuspecting lovers who professed their love publicly. The changing-genders thing may have been a glitch ('m pretty sure it was sims 1)
  • Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited July 2011
    I've never even played Agnes before lol is that bad? :lol:

Yes. Quite honestly it is bad and I am in shock.

aleneghan619, I sincerely agree! Agnes is my FAVE sim to play ever ever!
  • hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited July 2011
  • madstitcher101madstitcher101 Posts: 685 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm playing Agnes in one of my games. I've given her a makeover (hair and makeup, nothing else) and it's amazing how much better she looks. In my game I got her to try for a baby with her dead husband Erik, in the hope of getting a ghost baby. So far she has had two boys, normal not ghost which were disappointing. I named them Myles and Matthew. Going to keep trying for that ghost baby. How many do you think it will take? Trouble is Erik down't come out very often. I have moved her into a new home as her house didn't have enough room.
  • therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    edited March 2017
    After her newly husband Erik Darling's death still young aduld widow Agnes Crumplebottom focused on her art to proces all the pain live put on her shoulders:

Screenshot-76.jpg

Screenshot-79.jpg

Screenshot-80.jpg

Screenshot-81.jpg

One week later Agnes hit adult stage, and become a little bit bitter, beacuse her plans for baby with Erik were damaged and she knew its a lonelly life ahead of her:

Screenshot-407.jpg

But she continued her creative pursuit and paint and write obsessively to silence her pain and loneliness:

Screenshot-411.jpg

Screenshot-412.jpg

Screenshot-413.jpg

Screenshot-416.jpg

But the ghost of Erik haunted her:

Screenshot-418.jpg

so she went to France to figure it all out:

Screenshot-419.jpg

but she spent all her time abroad for writing:

Screenshot-421.jpg

when she was back, the gost was still there:

Screenshot-424.jpg

Agnes knew that probably she wont love ever again:

Screenshot-425.jpg

so she went to France again:

Screenshot-428.jpg

and wrote and painted there even more:

Screenshot-431.jpg

Screenshot-433.jpg

Time went by and another week later Agnes was in her creative lifetime form:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8rR73W8rWaY/V8N0egIM_7I/AAAAAAAAEng/xn3ab2N9fvI1igZOhB9t3bf0vYONOqtsgCLcB/s1600/Screenshot-213.jpg

She travelled to France to get inspiration and artistic vibe for her creations:

Screenshot-214.jpg

but when back to Sunset Valley she lived just as frozen as she used to, she was still single:

Screenshot-216.jpg

living in a big mansion:

Screenshot-217.jpg

and being getting old widow makes her perfect victim for someone's Gold Digger Lifetime Wish:

Screenshot-218.jpg

and then something happend. Agnes was both painting and writing her future masterpieces, both including a maid Kate Pistachio as a main character:

Screenshot-219.jpg

Screenshot-228.jpg

Screenshot-229.jpg

Will Agnes get over her dead husband?

Screenshot-231.jpg

Will her relationship with Agnes be only artistic or is there a next mistery around the corner? Does Kate know she's a model for Agnes art?

Screenshot-233.jpg

More Sunset Valley characters stories:

http://therealsunsetvalley.blogspot.com/

• blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I played Agnes once. I really wanted to see the ghost of her dead husband but he never seemed to appear in my game.
  • spankenstein89spankenstein89 Posts: 103 Member
    I love Agnes Crumplebottom.
    I couldn't stand the thought of her being lonely and bitter for the rest of her life so I gave her some new hair and new clothes, changed one or two of her negative traits, made her some new friends and moved her out of that big empty house. Now she's a chef and she has a fulfilling life.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Agnes is probably my favorite sim from Sunset Valley.
    Also, wow, before today, this thread had not been posted in for like six years. The dead rise, winter is coming! :o
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Props for reviving an existing thread on Miz Agnes!

Personally, I am more familiar with her sisters? cousins? strangers with the same last name? in Moonlight Falls. I seldom play in Sunset Valley, and have a love/hate thing going on with that house. The Crumplebottom Sisters in Moonlight Falls have one of my all time favorite houses in the game, though - a huge, old awesome Queen Anne.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Props for reviving an existing thread on Miz Agnes!

Personally, I am more familiar with her sisters? cousins? strangers with the same last name? in Moonlight Falls. I seldom play in Sunset Valley, and have a love/hate thing going on with that house. The Crumplebottom Sisters in Moonlight Falls have one of my all time favorite houses in the game, though - a huge, old awesome Queen Anne.

The Charmed Crumplebottoms lol. They have a lovely house, I've even used it in other towns. I think more time was spent creating that house than some of the others in Moonlight Falls for sure. Also, I must admit, after Supernatural came out, I almost always make Agnes into a witch, for me it makes them feel more connected. :smile:
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    If you ressurect hr husband Erik, and have kids, they look really good. Even the creepy transparent ghost babies. Though, right now, I'm trying to get her moved in with the grim reaper, but the option never comes up, even when it says "sociable" or "friendly" under the relationship bar. :?

This is what I did, rezzed her dead husband and they are living quite happily, with beautiful children. Agnes ("Agnes" means "lamb") looks good if you dump that hairstyle she comes with and give her a makeover!
    Agnes is greek for chaste or pure. Agnus is a lamb. However, Agnes was patron saint of chastity and purity, often depicted with lambs.

I think the combination of name, and story with Eric, is supposed to let our imagination fill in how someone could be bitter,unloved and alone running around Sims: Hot Date ruining everyone's dates. :p
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    And Agnes spelled backward is Senga #Outlander

And necromancy is bad. lol