Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game freezes at specific time in game

Just recently I started to play the Sims 3 and had no problems of crashing or freezing. Whenever the clock in game reaches 12:05 AM the game all the sims freeze but the environment continues to do whatever it's doing (For example the trees will still move). I'm not sure what I can do to fix this. I have tried changing households but am still having the same problem no matter what the sims are doing. Please help

Comments

• steppehsteppeh Posts: 351 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Do you have any mods on? I know I had that very same problem with a mod, and just had to change some setting on it.
  • ZarpiggyZarpiggy Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    No, I do not have any mods on.
  • ZarpiggyZarpiggy Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    I would be grateful if someone could help me out, still having this issue
  • edited June 2011
    I am having the exact same problem. When the clock reaches 12:05am the sims freeze & the music still plays , the trees still move etc! It seems to have happened since I have downloaded one of the EA update things , which allows your sims to ask others on dates etc. It's really frustrating, I've tried lowering my settings such as details & reflections in the game options but it has made no difference. Can someone please help us out? :(
  • HamiltonSTHamiltonST Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    I am having this exact same problem, just started yesterday. I've never had a serious problem with freezing before - recently it's started freezing at 11:59pm for five realtime seconds or so but now it stays frozen, though I can still hear the shower, etc in the background. The first time it happened it unfroze after about twenty minutes but every time after that I've had to quit without saving.

I don't have any mods or CC. I went to force quit but The Sims 3 isn't shown as Not Responding. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • HamiltonSTHamiltonST Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Created a new game and that works fine, no freezing issues, but I really like the family I'm playing in the game with freezing issues, I'm already on generation seven, so someone please help!!
  • jzeig104jzeig104 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    yes, me too. 12:05 AM. okay in new town, but town I have worked on a ton is now stopping at exact same time each day. each house this happens. each sim. doesnt matter what the furnishings are. no mods. yes custom content but OKAY in a new town. EA PLEASE help. this has been discussed at other forums as well!!
  • riotfrogriotfrog Posts: 61 New Member
    edited July 2011
    My sims live on very very small island where there are no roads or workplaces. I had firefighters and sometimes they froze because of some event connected with their job.
  • mens0067mens0067 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I am having the exact same problem. I have tried to reload my game three times, and no matter what I do, the same thing happens. Please help!!!!!!
  • Dancin4life11Dancin4life11 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Im having the same exact issue! Game freezed at 12:05 no matter how many times I quit without saving to restart it. I've contacted EA and they told me to search the forum which clearly has no answers. Considering so many people are having this problem I believe it is a glitch in the game and I will be contacting EA to report this as a serious issue. However, if anyone has any suggestions or know how to fix it by now, please help out!

Thank You
  • ZaneyBabeZaneyBabe Posts: 16
    edited September 2011
    same exact issue, same exact time: 12:05 sims freeze and i can't exit the game. i have to force shut down.. I have the same sim on "file" and have played him in a different town.. he's generation 2.. and he's fine. Only problem is with the one game. where it freezes at 12:05.. no Mods. Only custom content is from the Sims store.

I have every expansion. Didn't start til I got Generations.
  • dareiterdareiter Posts: 6
    edited September 2011
    I am having the same problem too! You know how when everyone is asleep in the family, it automatically goes to ultra speed? Well mine stopped doing that. That was the first thing I noticed. So I manually ultra speed-ed it and was planning to watch them sleep and press normal speed as soon as someone woke up. But it keeps freezing at 12:05 for me also! and then I have to force quit without saving. It's getting annoying to play the same day of their lives over and over. I will start a new family, but who is to say they won't freeze too? And I like what was going on with my family....

Oh also, this isn't really a problem, but every time I saved and quit or saved lately, it says the grim reaper has come to collect a member of my household. But he still didn't do it and that was like 4 sim days ago (before the freezing started). But it still says that if I save at a random time during the day.
  • emilyfentyemilyfenty Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited September 2011
    Me too, it doesn't bother me much because it only happens for a few seconds. But it would be great to get rid! I've got no CC either!
  • Dream_or_MemoryDream_or_Memory Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one this happens to. Anybody know if there's a way to fix it?
  • NICKELY28NICKELY28 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I am having this same exact issue as well. I'm on generation 19 and could cry over this.

I really wish there was a fix of some sort?
  • NatWrightNatWright Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    I have no expansions, it only does it when I speed up time, it freezes then continues play. . . .
  • PerculiarPennyPerculiarPenny Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    My game has started doing this, so was wondering if anyone had found a solution yet. Would be grateful for any help.
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited January 2012
    Ok, I can't promise that this will work, but I was having the same issue in my game. I turned off the ability for sims to create new memories and deleted all the memories my active sims already had. Then it went away. I think the build up of memories can mess with the game a bit, especially for large families.
  • ipebipeb Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    this happens to me too. at exactly 12:05 every time, it freezes. if my sims r sleeping the zzzz are still moving and all other trees and music too. ????? its quite annoying. i wanna play my sims!!! sorry I'm not really helping, but why can't EA help? did they just say to check the forums? i don't have any mods and my family is awesome, been playing it for a while now. i don't have any expansion packs. just the base game. PLS HELP US.
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited February 2012
    So what happens 12:00 midnight in the world of Sim??
    Only things I can think of is Deathfish, ghosts(Amb) & Unicorns(Pets).
    Anyone think of other activities that happen at that time of night?
    Game lag usually means over taxed computer. Someone/thing has gotten stuck(routing)
    You could try looking for trapped Sim or just reset town.
    resetsim*
    It will send every Sim in world to reset position, usually in front of house.
    If you had RW time specific game lag it would probably be something running in the background on your computer.
    Virus scan, Overwatch(Mod), automatic updating or something like that.

Lag sucks. :?
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • ipebipeb Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    I FIXED IT
    well kinda
    what i did was i copied my houshold and all the other households i made onto my library. then i started a new game, and it didn't glitch anymore. worked for me.
    this doesnt exactly solve the problem, but it works.
    hopes this solves ur problem :wink:
  • PearlxoWarePearlxoWare Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    This has also been happening to me at 12:05 AM and I really don't know why. It has started to really annoy me, if there is a way can someone please actually help us and give us steps on what we can do to fix it? Thanks.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2013
    Sorry you all are having trouble. I can't remember exactly, but what you're experiencing is a common result when people start loading up their computer with more ep's. The game engine is doing extra stuff at a specific time and causing all the lagging. My suggestion is to get one or more of Twallan's mods. He is a frickin genius who can solve the unsolvable when EA can't (or won't).

Try his Overwatch first and if that doesn't solve your problem then add Error Trap. You don't need Master Controller to run those, and some folks have experienced lag with his latest version of MC. (I'm sure he'll update that after his holiday break, he's very fast). And, please do read his site, including the fine print. It contains pretty much everything you need to know. Including how to install package files. Hope that helps!

[url]
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/[/url]

[edit]Here's another most excellent resource for any game issues or questions you may be having:

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/
  • BarbiebeeBarbiebee Posts: 27 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Im having this problem too, only for me its at 1:43pm? i tried deleting the memories, i tried twallans mod as suggested, then i tried uninstalling all my mods and running without cc all togeather, non of that helped at all... so aside from starting over from scratch which i really dont want to do, has anything else worked for anyone else??????
  • Zagreus74Zagreus74 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I am now having this exact issue with the new Dragon Valley world.
    I start a new game with it, and it makes it to the first monday night in the game, and sometime between 8 and 9pm the game locks up. Time freezes but music and weather still play.

I have tried everything. With mods, without mods, used nraas MC to reset the town right at 8pm.. nothing works.
    So now I just made a new Dragon Valley Game. And it still does the same issue, right during the same hour and same day.

What on earth could be spawning or getting stuck right after 8pm on the first monday of each new game?

So far, Dragon Valley to me has been unplayable. I can't make it the first few days without it freezing. Starting over from scratch does not even help.

Very frustrated right now.