March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Set Front of Lot"

CBedna01CBedna01 Posts: 806 New Member
I found something I'm not sure everyone knows about and I'd like to share!

You know how you can set the front door of a house? Apparently you can do that for the lot as a whole as well. I've been having a problem with Sims driving to a strange road to enter a lot. Well, I've got a fix for it! First, you need to turn on a cheat. Open the cheat text box by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C at the same time. Then type in this cheat: testingcheatsenabled true (to turn it off, simply change 'true' to 'false). Now, find the side of the lot you want Sims to enter from their vehicle (or by walking, whichever). Hold down the Shift key and click on the ground. Don't click in a building, you need to click on the actual ground. You'll get the option "Set Front of Lot," all you need to do is click that button. A bluish line will appear on that side of the lot and an arrow will point to where you just clicked. The arrow is where the Sims will physically walk onto the lot. You can change the location of the arrow by doing the same Shift+Click sequence on another floor tile.

Awesome!

Comments

• DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes, I saw that! Pretty nifty tool! ;)
  • TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited June 2011
    Is that just with generations?
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited June 2011
    It should be with the base-game update.
    edited June 2011
    Oh.
    Im not updating it so, oh well.
  • CBedna01CBedna01 Posts: 806 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Nothing bad happened when I updated you shouldn't have any reason not to TinTinnerson48.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2011
    Whoa! That sounds very convenient! Thanks Cbedna :)
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I still don't have the option to update my game, for some reason.

Can anyone tell me if the patch fixes the too many spawning cars in sims inventories or the bad mood with cheap beds bug? If those two are fixed, I'll get the expansion. If not, I won't.

God Bless,
    mik
  • CBedna01CBedna01 Posts: 806 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I had the problem with the cheap beds before the update but I haven't checked since. When I do come across it I'll let you know. As for the cars, I have no idea. I didn't even know that was a problem.
    edited June 2011
    CBedna01 wrote:
    Nothing bad happened when I updated you shouldn't have any reason not to TinTinnerson48.

Don't you have to reinstall caw?
  • HoperaHopera Posts: 5
    edited June 2014
    How do you get out of it? Unless mine glitched... I didn't even mean to get on it, I went to buy mode & all of a sudden everything went away & idk how to go back to normal... help?
  • LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mine working just with ctrl shift click without need for any cheat. Hopera, if I understand you correctly, you trying to shop on lot with seasonal marker. Can you be more specific what is idk?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    idk is Tech speak for "I don't know".

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....