Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World: Greek Island

New World - Greek Island

Here is my new world that I am making available for you to check out and use if you like. It is loosely based on a Greek/Italian island theme. I wanted to have a compact village look and wanted the island to be hilly. So there are places where there are some problems with rendering, especially with fences. If it bothers you, you can delete fences as needed.

Some notes:
 I wanted to use as little CC as possible. There are 24 items. 14 rabbit hole rugs, 8 items from Simslulamai, and a few of my paintings. Thank you to Cazarupt and SLLM for their fine items.
 I used a few store items and as the pack does not show store items am not totally sure what I used. I did use the Greek Arch, the Gothique window, and the Pedro estate arch as I recall. If you do not have them you can use replacements.
 Keeping the file size down some buildings are just shells, there are vacant lots to be done, and most houses have just enough for Sims to live in them. You can gussy up things and complete to your personal taste.
 There are 86 community lots and 60 residential but some of the community ones are just fillers.
 Use the autumn grass terrain paint where you want to cover the light stone that I used.
 One house cannot be accessed … Prassa 1 so it will need an alteration if you want to have a sim live there. Some houses may have entries too small for visiting there.
 The movie trailer is just for show.
 The library has limited books.
 Names are from a map of Athens, so if they don’t make sense, oops, as I don’t speak Greek. Hopefully there are no major issues there.

I am sure you will find some goofs. Please let me know what you find. I hope you all like it. It has taken me a long time to build this island. I like it and hope that some of you will too.

:-)

http://s720.photobucket.com/albums/ww209/AnnaLeeT/Greek Island Tour/
view as slideshow

https://rapidshare.com/files/2616146...land.Sims3Pack

EDIT: RAPIDSHARE HAS DELETED THIS WITH THEIR CHANGES. And Mediafire deleted, so this is not available at least for now. Sorry. 7-5-2013

Comments

• daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2011
    10Thecentralplaza.jpg

5HereiswhereIam.jpg

8Hereitis.jpg

11Someshopsandotherfunplaces.jpg
  • ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited May 2011
    Awwwmuffin, i like it ;* You did a great job on it:D
    edited May 2011
    Thank you. I thought about posting a few more pics but thought it would be more fun for you all to explore the island on your own to see what is there. :)
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited May 2011
    Holy butt, it looks amazing! :shock:
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2011
    :shock: This is absolutely incredible! :shock:
    edited May 2011
    Thank you. Let me know what you think when you have had a chance to look it over a bit. :)
  • JudySimsJudySims Posts: 144 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I see you got your world posted, Lee. And it is getting a good response. Good for you, girl.

Check it out, we have the same avatar. LOL Great minds think alike. :D
  • TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited May 2011
    amazing!
  • Polinaki19Polinaki19 Posts: 858 Member
    edited May 2011
    it looks really beautiful and taken well care of but as i am greek and i visit greek islands a lot i cannot help observing that greek style buildings do not have dome roofs. also, a huge amount of blue color is used, such as blue fencing, blue windows, blue blinders etc.
    but it's better than many other ones! well done!
  • sjsimmy02sjsimmy02 Posts: 190 Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow! Very lovely. Love your Fountains.
  • YorkchopYorkchop Posts: 348 Member
    edited May 2011
    Polinaki19 wrote:
    it looks really beautiful and taken well care of but as i am greek and i visit greek islands a lot i cannot help observing that greek style buildings do not have dome roofs. also, a huge amount of blue color is used, such as blue fencing, blue windows, blue blinders etc.

I agree, she did a great job. Are you not familiar with the use of domes in Greek Orthodox architecture? Why are you criticizing the OP?

Daisylee, this world looks amazing and kudos to you for keeping with your vision and theme of the world. It's so cool!

edited May 2011
    Thank you for all the nice comments. Yes, I have been to Greece a few times and I have some books on Greek architecture. I have seen domes used there. And yes I did use blue windows and fences and doors, etc. all over the place. Maybe too much! :lol:

As Sims though all we can do is use somewhere as an inspiration with what we have to build with. It was fun to do what we can do.

:)
  • wineland88Pwineland88P Posts: 599 Member
    edited May 2011
    Awesome world, keep up the good work! :wink:
  • Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited May 2011
    Hi, :mrgreen:

I think your world looks beautiful. Nice work! :thumbup:
    edited May 2011
    Thank you! I have just been playing it and it is fun to see it come alive with my favorite Sims who now are living there.

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2011
    The link is dead. It's said the uploader deleted the file. Do you have another link?
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    edited May 2011
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2616146106/Greek_Island.Sims3Pack

Could you please try again and let me know what happens? It must be a RS issue as I did not delete the file.

Thanks.

***** see below***** I managed to get it on 🐸🐸🐸🐸 which may work better.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2011
    HOORAY! I managed to get it on 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Please try this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ssyewzcjnnizm9w
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited May 2011
    I have moved my legacy family to the island and built them their house already. I had to add the gate as the press was bothering them even there. I would love to see any pics you all have to share of your builds and redos there. It is fun to have my family, but have them in a new place.

Screenshot-135.jpg
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2011
    It looks simply beautiful, keep up the good work :D
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2011
    Very nice indeed.

Polinaki is not critisizing she just giving a few tips.

Domes are used only on churches, also they used normal roofs on anchient Greece, and they still use them in western greece islands and in villages.
    the blue and white sceme is mostly found in Cyclades where the plantation is almost bare and the houses have flat roofs, and on the rest of greece the color scheme of the buildings is yelowish/white with red roofs.

What i see in this world may not represent Greece exactly, but i can definately see a combo of Cycladian and anchient Greece Architecture, plus the plantation you can find in the western and northern part of it. The world is def inspired by Greece and that's enough for me
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited May 2011
    This world is very pretty indeed. I'm not familiar with Greek architechure however to my untrained eye it sure has a Greek feel to me. I love the use of the hills for the terraced look of the houses. Way to go :thumbup:
  • mhgzanonmhgzanon Posts: 780 New Member
    edited May 2011
    geminiagre wrote:
    Very nice indeed.

Polinaki is not critisizing she just giving a few tips.

Domes are used only on churches, also they used normal roofs on anchient Greece, and they still use them in western greece islands and in villages.
    the blue and white sceme is mostly found in Cyclades where the plantation is almost bare and the houses have flat roofs, and on the rest of greece the color scheme of the buildings is yelowish/white with red roofs.

What i see in this world may not represent Greece exactly, but i can definately see a combo of Cycladian and anchient Greece Architecture, plus the plantation you can find in the western and northern part of it. The world is def inspired by Greece and that's enough for me

I was going to say the same thing
    I wish people know other parts of Greece. Our country is so beautiful, but they always remember only our Anchient culture and white and blue islands
    Although, the world is very nice.
    Congrats

PS:Just a tip, try to make smaller domes. They are too big this way. :wink:
  • lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Yorkchop wrote:
    Polinaki19 wrote:

I agree, she did a great job. Are you not familiar with the use of domes in Greek Orthodox architecture? Why are you criticizing the OP?

Daisylee, this world looks amazing and kudos to you for keeping with your vision and theme of the world. It's so cool!

I think your world looks amazing, and very authentic. Every cretor will have there own interpetion of the world around them.
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for all the compliments and comments. As sims I just wanted to have a Greek feel to this rather than was trying to be authentic. I thought the domes would just add some variety, even though they usually are just on churches. This is sims so it is supposed to be however the sims build. I also wanted to make green even though I know some of the real islands are quite barren.

It was all done just for fun. A little bit Greek, a little bit Capri, mostly sims.